It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs personality test what are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I took this test and was amazed how close it was to defining my personlity traits.I'm an ENTP after you find out your personality (there 16 different personalities) go here for detailed explanation. If you would'nt mind, would you post the results of your test.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I scored an INTJ

Edit to add:

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

I'm glad I took this, I got what I would hope myself to get!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Interesting I came out as an ENTJ

The Executive

As an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

Quite accurate really especially the lack of patience from inefficiency & hatred for repeated mistakes lol

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

INFJ

11% 62% 62% 33%

Hasn't changed much over the decades.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The Scientist

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

Still an INTJ since the last time I tried the test (or one of it's variations).

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
WOW, I'm amazed.

INFJ - The Counsellor.

Goodness, I seem to be in illustrious company - Ghandi, Mandela, Mother Theresa!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Scored as a INTP

The Thinker

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I passed the test. I'm a field marshall.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ENTJ

off to ask the boss for a pay rise

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Which of the 16 is a field marshall ?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
reply to post by jedimiller

Which of the 16 is a field marshall ?

ENTJ

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
INFP

The Idealist

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.

Absolutely crack-on.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ISTJ.

That description fits me.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
20-years ago I tested ENTP. I'm off to see if that holds true now...

EDIT:

I am now an ENFP - go figure - I had understood that these do change overtime. Now I gotta go see what ENFP really means...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Maxmars]

Oh... Champion, sounds flattering. Of course, I never give much weight to pigeon-holing behavior because people DO change (I'm living proof, apparently)

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 50 38 33

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Interesting! I can hardly ever turn down a quiz. What sort of neo-Jungian trait does that imply?

INFJ for me, the Protector: www.personalitypage.com...

I really expected to fall into the IQWN zone -- The Wingnut.

"You are prone to using inappropriate smileys to express a juxtaposition between your inner thoughts and your outward turmoil. You tend toward unconventional thought and believe that everyone is a little off except you. You have a propensity toward berry-flavored popsicles, and have a strong desire to move onto the next project before the current one is finished. You believe magenta is the "best" color in the whole wide universe, and get angry with people when they don't agree. You are overfond of your own wit."

Sorry, couldn't resist. That parody was not to besmirch the validity of the REAL study. You see, I'm overfond of my own wit, or lack of it.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
INFJ as well, glad to see I am in good company! It's been in my profile for a while now but no one has ever asked me what it meant.

As a side note, I have always found this test to be very accurate among people I know who have taken it.

I can't wait to see more responses from ATS members...I have my own opinion as to some of the scores...

reply to post by argentus

very funny post!

[edit on 14/7/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mine was INFJ--the counsellor.

I thought it described me perfectly. Appearing as an extrovert, yet very introverted. Concerned with others and very intuitive. Excellent communicator.

Thanks for the link.

I'm pretty humbled by the list of those who fall into this category.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 62 12 22

To be honest though, I could of put yes or no quite a few of these. They were tough questions, if you take it, think about you're answer before you click.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Your Type is
INTJ ("The Mastermind")
Strength of the preferences

Introverted______Intuitive_____Thinking_____Judging

___78%__________100%_______75%________33%

well im happy at what i got, the only thing is that on a few questions it was more of a maybe/sometimes.

also number 15 doesn't really apply to me since i have a Simian line.

edit: to add this interesting but very accurate info

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

The only thing that isnt quite accurate is the part of them having no social life, i think i carry an ok amount of social time.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by tankthinker]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join