It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bigfoot be an Extra-Terrestrial?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
I was also thinking if this King of the Apes can change from a giant to a midget, that could also explain some things.

Some problems with the King of Apes/Bigfoot theory:

There is no "King of Apes" in the Ramayana. You are talking about Hanuman, the Monkey God. It may seem like semantics, but there are big differences between monkeys and apes. Ancient Indians would have recognized these differences. Descriptions of Hanuman in myths and art-work make it very clear Hanuman is a monkey, not an ape.

Further, those descriptions of Hanuman do not match any description of Bigfoot we have today. Hanuman appears human, albeit with the face and tail of a monkey. The fact Hanuman has a tail plays a large role in the Ramayana. While it is human-like in appearance, no one would mistake Bigfoot for a human, nor does it possess a tail.

There is a Bigfoot-like creature in India, the Mande Burung, though descriptions of that creature do not match what the myths and art tell us about Hanuman.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
First and foremost, I am not a "pseudoskeptic". That assumption was wrong, I am an absolute skeptic of both aliens visiting and bigfoot stories.
I was clearly understood by at least one member and for that I am grateful. I would like to thank the member who pointed out the spelling mistakes while I am at it. The member made me feel that they understood the language anyways, apparently...
I was simply in my post pointing out that some one wanted to talk about proving one unproven with another and I found it a little odd but, mostly funny. Not having the OP's phone number, I guess a reply would do here to share my thoughts on such a topic. As far as the two different myths I will state this. I would like to see either one proven - "ET" or "Bigfoot".
That is why I visit the forums to see if just this once, someone posts something of interest to me, namely - evidence. I prefer the title of "Thinking Man" as opposed to skeptic but, that title will do for now I suppose. Just because I would like to believe these stories to be true, I can't make it so. My intelect won't allow me to just believe a story told to me and in this age, a photo sure won't do it either.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Again, your mistake is assuming that we're trying to prove anything. The concept of "proof" is absent in the OP... It's an invitation to speculate on... Yes, the possibility that one "as yet unproven myth" might be related to another.

Threads that present facts and evidence are great, and so is the ensuing debate on those threads. This is not one of them though.

The very nature of this board is based on both the weighing of evidence, and the speculation on the lack thereof. Both are equally valid tools in DENYING IGNORANCE.

Why you can't see this I don't understand. Your smug way of putting what you had to say did come off as very condescending. Which did very little for representing your point of view, which frankly, bores the **** out of me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
First and foremost, I am not a "pseudoskeptic". That assumption was wrong, I am an absolute skeptic of both aliens visiting and bigfoot stories.
I was clearly understood by at least one member and for that I am grateful. I would like to thank the member who pointed out the spelling mistakes while I am at it. The member made me feel that they understood the language anyways, apparently...
I was simply in my post pointing out that some one wanted to talk about proving one unproven with another and I found it a little odd but, mostly funny. Not having the OP's phone number, I guess a reply would do here to share my thoughts on such a topic. As far as the two different myths I will state this. I would like to see either one proven - "ET" or "Bigfoot".
That is why I visit the forums to see if just this once, someone posts something of interest to me, namely - evidence. I prefer the title of "Thinking Man" as opposed to skeptic but, that title will do for now I suppose. Just because I would like to believe these stories to be true, I can't make it so. My intelect won't allow me to just believe a story told to me and in this age, a photo sure won't do it either.
Thanks,
Vance

Vance,

I called you a pseudoskeptic because I have read several of your post that basically says the same thing.

You shouldn't be discussing these things in any serious way because they are "unproven myths."

If that's the case, they should just shout down the ATS board.

We should all rent a movie and be quiet until an extraterrestrial ship lands on are front yard and invites us on board.

Just because you don't accept the evidence, doesn't mean that other people can't see the evidence and reach a different conclusion.

I'm skeptical about some things, but I don't have to go on a thread and try to belittle the discussion. That's not skepticism, that's pseudoskepticism. A skeptic on an issue doesn't have to belittle the discussion to try and support what they already believe. A skeptic should be able to debate their points without resorting to these things. This tells me, that your not sure about your position, so you have to use terms like unproven myth, fantasy or I just saw one pseudoskeptic call someone a new age hippie.

This is because they can't debate the subject.

Let me quote another "Thinking Man" named Albert Einstein:

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge in the field of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."

Einstein imagined how things would look if he rode his motorbike next to a lightbeam.

Others wouldn't have thought this way because it wouldn't be "rational." These were the seeds of relativity that changed the world.

I say this with all do respect, I would not want to live in the world you describe.

It's what I call the Matrix of Ignorance.

It's a world where your told what to think and how you should think about these things. If you don't think or discuss these things in a "rational way" that has been defined by pseudoskeptics and closed minded individuals throughout history, then your just living in a fantasy.

If using my imagination is living in a world of fantasy, then that's where you will find me.

You never imagined about parallel universes or time travel? You never thought about black holes or do white holes exist? You ever imagined if the universe is a hologram or is it a quantum computer?

You ever imagined about finding your soulmate and getting married? What about how it would be to have children?

Do you think the Wright Brothers sat up at night and imagined how the world would look from the sky?

Sorry Vance, Complex and whoever agrees with you. I can't live in a world where imagination and fantasy is looked down upon and can't be discussed in the name of what you deem as "ratiional."

So, when you come on threads that I start with this nonsense, I'm going to call you on it because I know where it's coming from.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

You quite eloquently put - what I was unable to. I would've rather talked about Bigfoot's connection to UFOs with you, but you seemed fine with having this thread become an example of psuedoskepticism. And a fine example it is.

It's not too late, though...

I consider myself skeptical. I've always thought it was necessary for everything from common sense to survival.

I've never seen a UFO, Bigfoot or a ghost. But the fact that many people say they have has always interested me. For whatever reason they might have for saying it. And one of the things my mind (and I suspect, most everybody's) is capable of doing is imagining what if...

On top of that capability is the capability to imagine what if... something else?

And on top of that is to do so over and over again. ON TOP OF THAT, is the ability to keep them all in perspective. Organize them, keep them all straight. Or to compare them with one another. Theorize on how parts of one might be true, while truth is found eventually in another.

Then, ON TOP OF ALL THIS, we have the ability to run all kinds of tests and experiments to prove (or not) these theories.

And for all of the reasons described above, ATS is one of my favorite places. For lively discussion of any part of that process.

Can we talk about Bigfoot/ET now?

There is a man named Jack Lapseritis, who claims Bigfoot is an ET. A close friend of mine has met Jack, who calls himself "Kewaunee". You can Google a book called The Psychic Sasquatch And Their UFO Connection.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks Teratoma,

That book sounds interesting. I'm headed over to Amazon and look for it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join