It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequent Mobile Phone Use Boosts Tumor Risk by 50 Percent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

www.infowars.com

Frequent users of cellular phones develop tumors of the parotid gland 50 percent more often than less frequent users, according to a new study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.

Researchers at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center in Israel examined data that included 402 cases of benign and 58 cases of malignant tumors of the parotid gland, the largest of the salivary glands. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yet another report saying how yapping on the cell phone all the time is bad for you. The question remains: Will anything ever be done about this, or will the issue continue to be ignored while our children suffer the consequences? Or perhaps all of this really is hogwash and all the studies and data are false? Either way, I'm listening.

www.infowars.com

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well,
I used to get headaches and "hot cell ear" all the time. I used bluetooth for a while and got a "burn" on the side of my face.

When the iPhone came out I snatched it up quickly and *always* (95% of the time) use the wired headset that comes with it. Now the first ones had phtalates (sp?) in the plastic, but the new ones seem to be more rigid, and so I think they have less of the bad stuff in the plastic.

However, I hold my iphone alot when I'm talking on it. It's always at least a foot away from the trunk of my body, but it's always in my hand.

That being said, I wonder if I'm causing any damage to my hand.

I completely recommend that everyone who uses a cell phone use a hands free *wired* headset. I laugh at those people who wont even buy one. I'm not sure how you can be successful these days without having access to a phone in a mobile way, and there are plenty of ways to use cell phones safely.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Not sure if you trust the link but there is research to show that using a wired earpiece actually increases your exposure. The copper wire inside the earpiece amplifies the signal and directs it towards you ear and brain.

I found this link But there are others out there.

I have also read that bluetooth devices decrease the exposure but not completely.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What if I just text message frequently? I hardly ever talk on my cell and if I do, it's no more then ten minutes.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If cell phones caused tumors i'd be a giant tumor by now,

these reports are ridiculous, the instance of tumor has to be next to ziltch, everyone uses the phones, to ridiculous degrees, we'd all know someone who was suffering majorly by now...

what you will do is give yourselves psychosomatic illnesses if you believe this sort of thing, the mind causes and cures more disease than any device ever could

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, here's a thread i made a while back on a related subject, but it applies here too, as the problem is the microwave emmissions:

Click Here

And if you look in the links there are groups all over the world that are working to bring this problem to people's attention. There's a link there to the French equivalent to the American cancer Society, and they don't have good things to say about microwave emmissions and the human body.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

www.infowars.com

Frequent users of cellular phones develop tumors of the parotid gland 50 percent more often than less frequent users, according to a new study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.

Researchers at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center in Israel examined data that included 402 cases of benign and 58 cases of malignant tumors of the parotid gland, the largest of the salivary glands. ...

LOL I love how they act like its safe. What you have in this instance is called non ionizing radiation. There were studies done by the military in the 60's and 70's. We use that same data today to come up with PAR (We need new data but we'd be shutting TV stations down if we got it, so we will never get it).
Personal acceptable radiation. Which is .5 watts or less in a cellphone.
Its also why your wireless access points are 300mw or .3 watts.

Fact is TV signals have been doing this all along too. Anything over 1ghz would raise the risk of cancer by atleast 30% IMHO. Ive done the school, did technical consulting for 10 years. Im pretty confident in my math.
If you talk on the cellphone non stop its your own fault.

BTW ADS (active denial system) is 95 GHZ LOL I think even seconds of that hitting you is going to significantly raise your risk of cancer ALL over your body. Remember Titor? Non leathal weapons. What about retinal detachment? Yeah... Want me some of that.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Memysabu]

top topics

join