It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i cant sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i am overweight, but trying to lose it, and no matter WHERE i sleep, nothing, i could sleep on a cloud and not sleep, i dont have insomnia, because i drift off some times, i need some help, can anyone tell me whats wrong with me?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I heard that a lack of sleep can contribute to being overweight. So, obviously this sleep problem will perpetuate the problem. I have a similar problem but thats because of my college schedule mostly. Also, watch what you are eating after 12:00am. No sugar. Furthermore, nothing scary or that would freak you out or cause you to worry. Easier said than done I am sure but good luck. Just some advice.

-Joe-

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Well what are your thoughts like when you hit the pillow. Some important stuff I was told to remember.....

1. If you have trouble getting to sleep in the same area after about 20 minutes, get up and out of that area. Your brain does not want to program that area as an area of stress, or you won't ever be able to sleep there.

2. Work out.... A LOT.. I began running at around 3am because I was having trouble sleeping. I started running earlier and earlier, and eventually, I'd run and fall asleep maybe 2 hours later after a good shower. I must say though, it took a lot of running to the point I could barely stand anymore sometimes.

3. Read. Reading is something you can't multitask at. If you are focused on a book, your brain is forced to seize other thoughts.

These "other thoughts" are typically what stops people from sleeping. Try meditation. In the end, meditation was better than any medication for my sleep pattern. It taught me how to really turn myself off.

Hope you get some z's. If you don't, don't get stressed out. It happens. Just find something to occupy your time and eventually you'll find the sandman.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If you want a quick fix, they have some medicine like Tylerol PM, it really knocks you out, though I would only suggest you use it on great occassion. Being 3 oclock in the morning shows I am a little sleepless as well but my soon to be xwife hasn't come back yet. It saddens me.

Stress may cause you to stay up, try to clear you mind and talk to God while laying down. When I was little my dad would hold me when I couldn't sleep and pray to God to help me sleep, for some reason I usually fell asleep within minutes.

Try working out and taking a nice hot shower, thatll get you in the mood to sleep. Let me know how it goes, I check these posts every once in a while.

Regards

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
[1] How long before bed do you eat anything, and what type of food is it?
[2] Between dinner and bed, do you walk or anything, or is that dinner energy unexpended?
[3] Have you tried any herbal tea's shortly before bed?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That is true...I have been sleeping normally for 5 nights...since then I have lost like 5 pounds...lastnight and tonight my sleeping patterns have become late again!

top topics

join