It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Disclosure Part III - Get it while you can.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
AB, you said early on that you did a lot of research on UFOs. What was the smoking gun that finally made you believe in the existence of ET life?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I dont think AB believes in ETs. Maybe from lack of evidence or maybe reading Fermi's paradox he came to the conclusion that it has to be something else.I doubt there is a smoking gun but if there is, lets hear it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can this thread in a video & post it on youtube a 1000 times with different headlines... 2 important

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks for finishing part 3! I've found quite a bit of truth in what you've put out there. I can see my own experiences from a different perspective... new questions.

I can't help but remember that saying, "If you continue to think what you've always thought, you'll continue to get what you've always got." It's posts like these that help us to think differently about things and, in so doing, can change us in subtle yet powerful ways.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This whole post (Part 3) was awesome. I have new hope for the survival of our species. Great thinking on everyone's part. Peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
AB, you said early on that you did a lot of research on UFOs. What was the smoking gun that finally made you believe in the existence of ET life?

When I was around 5 or 6, my maternal grandparents and I had a somewhat close-up daytime sighting. Gray disk, traveling low and silently at the height of the pine trees there is Smithfield, NC. From the side it looked like a long, thin hexagon. It rotated about its axis.

My mother also swears that she and my father saw a UFO before I was born one night when they were driving down a country lane somewhere between Goldsboro and Smithfield, NC. The road and the trees on either side of it were illuminated. They stopped the car but did not get out. Apparently they were scared witless. She reports that they leaned forward and looked up at the light source, which was a glowing yellow-orange double-lenticular disk with other colors such as points of red mixed in. I didn't see it, but I do believe her story.

I've spoken with enough folks to know that there are things in the sky which do not conform to conventional configurations, and whose flight characteristics are not supposed to be possible.

The eye-witness evidence alone is not going to be enough for skeptical science, but there is enough collected testimony from reliable and trained observers, some of whom have been trained in aircraft recognition, to win a jury case for the existence of UFOs.

Is it ET? Well, I think so... from a certain point of view.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

Thank you for continuing the evolution of human kind. Right now we are living in some pretty cool times where we (humans) are tapping into our god fragments and becoming powerful. There seems to be something going on because people that are vast land masses apart (on this forum for example) are talking about related topics and developments that my friends and I are talking/thinking about. We are turning into a realm that will ascend this one. I feel we are entering higher dimensions through higher vibrations that are attainable through love. This will alter our DNA and we will then enter the higher 5th dimension and so on.
We will no longer have the 2nd, 3rd, and the mix of the two dimensions hold us back. We will not be bound by fear and dependence. We will break the control of the old (elite) forces.

Keep an eye out for these times on clocks:
4:44, 5:55, and 11:11/1:11

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

sometimes it feels redundant to me to keep posting about the synchronicity I experience in this forum ..
and with so many others for the last 5 years

what you just posted speaks volumes about what me and a few close friends have been talking about for a while. At first we thought we were alone and that maybe we were crazy.

Im glad I found ATS and people that are on the cutting edge of spiritual/mental expansion or at least talking about it.

the awareness is seeping into the minds of humans all over the world

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I wonder if culture can ever be anything but a tool in our modern world. It may have been something else in the past, but for now studies are constantly made to figure out what people are into and that data is then used for all kinds of purposes. Say that you and your friends invent some new metaphor (a combined attitude from old ideas, including a new one, but still a metaphor) which then becomes a bit popular. It does not take long for corporations and small businesses to get a grip on that. After a while people have lost control, although only partially, and marketing forces driver the culture then.

This of course is not the entire truth, people can still enjoy themselves and figure out new ideas. If somebody has a mindset tuned to control people however, there is no other meaningful truth because such a control works like a dream.

So, what is modern culture? Taking away all joy, happiness, feeling of discovery and experiences itself is outright stupid, but it is nevertheless more or less controlled phenomena. Its rare to have a piece of culture which is not contorlled by marketing forces.

By rare I mean that maybe one or two popular ideas are born each year, and those live for a maximum of one year, until independency gone for good. Perhaps people should think what rare actually means in this context, since hundreds of popular ideas are born each year..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Something like "issue fatigue" in media studies?

I'm sensing your concern, but I'm unable to put my finger on what it is exactly that you think is in danger of being co-opted and nullified.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
reply to post by rawsom

I'm sensing your concern, but I'm unable to put my finger on what it is exactly that you think is in danger of being co-opted and nullified.

Well basically marketing, media and all that does in fact create freedom to choose from a wider variety of behavioral patterns and premises. My concern is basically that such freedom can be used as a basis to prove that people cannot be controlled because of it. When you factor in studies of human behaviour when given specific choices, you are left with majority of people choosing the one that is meant to be choosen.

But for now, I'll have to hurry since I have some work to do (at least I get paid for 8 hours again..)

(a quick edit: We have democracy, so with time we can give people choices that include two sets: one that includes things that people do not have a tendency to choose and one that includes things that people have a tendency to choose. After that we have a different context of behaviour, that we can again use to make people to choose by tendency. In time, this causes certain behavioral patterns to emerge as majority. 10 years, maybe 25% have certain premises, in 20, 50% and so on. It works because of our political system. I am still into democracy, though..)

[edit on 14/7/08 by rawsom]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I must be tired because I still don't get it. Here is a TED talk that matches your theme, can you use its content to elucidate for me?

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I'm not hostile to your ideas.

50 years is a lifetime away.

There are people who could use a little nobility right now. A good reason to feel good about themselves.

That's all I want to try to do here.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

Love your avatar...life!

Very cool.

Is that an oil painting of someone praying? Very, very cool!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
To the OP;
Your diligence should be applauded, but it sounds like you are some student character. I know you said you painted houses or something,but there seems to be no personal experience behind your observations.
I've heard weird stuff before, but mostly, while younger, from people with letters after their name. Not to be disrespectful, but you must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.----------PC

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
To the OP;
Your diligence should be applauded, but it sounds like you are some student character. I know you said you painted houses or something,but there seems to be no personal experience behind your observations.
I've heard weird stuff before, but mostly, while younger, from people with letters after their name. Not to be disrespectful, but you must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.----------PC

Ok. It stung a little. Look, I'm not in this for dear uncle Fabian.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by unite_life
reply to post by applebiter

Thank you for continuing the evolution of human kind. Right now we are living in some pretty cool times where we (humans) are tapping into our god fragments and becoming powerful. There seems to be something going on because people that are vast land masses apart (on this forum for example) are talking about related topics and developments that my friends and I are talking/thinking about. We are turning into a realm that will ascend this one. I feel we are entering higher dimensions through higher vibrations that are attainable through love. This will alter our DNA and we will then enter the higher 5th dimension and so on.
We will no longer have the 2nd, 3rd, and the mix of the two dimensions hold us back. We will not be bound by fear and dependence. We will break the control of the old (elite) forces.

Keep an eye out for these times on clocks:
4:44, 5:55, and 11:11/1:11

I did a numerology analysis on my full name once.

Interestingly, it came out as a perfect 555.

I see 4:44, 1:11, and 11:11 a LOT.

First time I saw 4:44 and noticed there was meaning was about a year and a half ago, when that shooting happened at the Johnson Space Center. Building 44. It was 4:44. The news became silent about it and never spoke of it again about an hour after it concluded. The employee was a good employee, well liked, an older man, and interestingly, the people "he shot" were the very people he was seen eating lunch with earlier that day. Does anybody remember that? I've been telling people to dig into that because there's something really there. I just don't know what. The guy barricaded himself inside a room and wrote something on the whiteboard, which they said wasn't a suicide note, but they never revealed what was written on the board. According to the official story, they finally got their way into the room, and in their words, the man attemted to take his own life, so instead they shot him before he could pull the trigger???

I'm pretty sure I got that right, but feel free to cross examine it.

The guy knew something, and he was taken out, along with his I believe it was two co-workers.... and they blamed it on him shooting them. Why would he shoot his friends whom he eats lunch with?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Maybe it all just happened the way it was reported. I am no numerologist, so the numbers you mentioned mean nothing to me. Sometimes people crack up, dunwichwitch. Maybe there was some kind of bizarre love triangle or job-related stress. Maybe he scrawled a dirty joke on the whiteboard and it was kept out of the news for the sake of his surviving family.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No no. We are our own worst enemy.

I was just thinking about this today.

The people of majority doesn't exist. We are only fighting with ourselves, day to day. Year to year. Looking outside to place blame, we only have ourselves to be held accountable.

How much do we care? Or should I say, How much do we not care?

Why? We as a society have dominated and allowed ego and fear to segregate us and there is a small group of people who exploit this fact.

alas,
Deep within the human soul, there exist truth and harmony in abundance, for; we are..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom

reply to post by rawsom

Well basically marketing, media and all that does in fact create freedom to choose from a wider variety of behavioral patterns and premises. My concern is basically that such freedom can be used as a basis to prove that people cannot be controlled because of it. When you factor in studies of human behaviour when given specific choices, you are left with majority of people choosing the one that is meant to be choosen.

But for now, I'll have to hurry since I have some work to do (at least I get paid for 8 hours again..)

(a quick edit: We have democracy, so with time we can give people choices that include two sets: one that includes things that people do not have a tendency to choose and one that includes things that people have a tendency to choose. After that we have a different context of behaviour, that we can again use to make people to choose by tendency. In time, this causes certain behavioral patterns to emerge as majority. 10 years, maybe 25% have certain premises, in 20, 50% and so on. It works because of our political system. I am still into democracy, though..)

[edit on 14/7/08 by rawsom]

There's a great BBC documentary, I forget the name, about exactly what you speak of.

Corporations using psychological warfare against their enemy, the consumer. This is proof that the human condition can never be controlled because it is always evolving to outwit the opposing force, which in this case, is Corporate Fascism.

I often wonder if every facet of our culture is being monitored at even the smallest scale. They must have realized that they need to do this in order to counter the counter-culture by now. Indeed, it seems they have done exactly this, because the counter culture that was evolving around here has already eaten itself alive and is now stagnant and reeking of populist bull#.

Maybe this is why we haven't seen any real important movements in the cultural scene since the late 80s/early 90s, because now they don't even have to homogenize a scene by bringing it into the limelight to destroy it. They can plant ideas and peoples in scenes that are in their infancy, and destroy them in their first developing years.

Putting your "image" out there for people to buy and sell is a completely media and brainwashed society driven impulse that artists have. They think the only way for their art to have meaning, they have to get everyone's approval. Well that sucks the whole soul out of the art, doesn't it? You're selling your soul by selling your art. Art is a byproduct of the angst of the soul against its opposing force, and you really should just get it out and let it be it's own thing and flourish as its own thing... because once it is created, it's really not yours to control anymore.

This is why Greg Sage of the relatively obscure indie band The Wipers never wanted to tour, play shows, promote, or really ever be a real band. He knew that, once that started, the cheapening of the soul of the idea he was putting forth had already begun, but because this is what the media driven public demanded of him and his ideas, he reluctantly did so, and has regretted it and lived in obscurity ever since. God bless Greg Sage!!! Let the music speak for itself!!!

Sorry, but I love The Wipers. I urge you to go out and get their records because the mesasages contained in the songs are so beautiful, and it's just... amazing.

Sorry if I went on a tangent about my favorite band... but it truly does relate to the discussion as a whole, I promise!

EDIT to add:

People are always realizing that they don't need the crap the corporations are getting them hooked on buying. That's why they need to constantly be on top of the latest trends... to defeat the opposition.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join