It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon flies are not real!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

i agree with porschedrifter. you seem to have not read the 10 pages that you lampoon. Would you mind investing about 30 minutes of your time and read through it? Just look for links and focus on those posts. If you make it through and still think that it is far fetched, send me a u2u and i will come back here to help defend the OP with some evidence.

BTW, for those interested, you can get your own dragonfly for under 50 bucks.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well maybe its Reptoid related. Not in this dimension. I dont know but I know something is up. Just today I saw another one again, strange? i was eating a sandwich at lunch and one landed on a plant next to me. I looked at it and i heard some clicking noise. I told it to stop checking me out and I got up to catch it and it flew away. It made a clicking noise as It flew out away like a camera taking thousand of pictures.There is proof right there I think. my coworkers laughed when i told them. That made me so angry cause they are so brainwashed by the media.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is a first I rode my bicycle today and came across approx. 1,000 dragon flies coming out of a wooded area. I have never encountered so many at one time and there were swarms of them flying around me. I live in southwest Florida and has anyone ever encountered this many dragonflies at one time before?
Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i am pretty sure dragon flies are real
don't get too paranoid please

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The problem, of course, is that I read through them and this is still ridiculous as it was to begin with. The military is not going to use mechanical dragon flies to "spy" on citizens. Unless the poster is in a war zone or some other area where the military would be likely to use this technology, this is ridiculous. In fact, if the poster was worthy of sending mechanical dragon flies at to spy upon, they would not be an ATS poster.

Yes, I know I just bumped this, but I never thought anyone would be insane enough to question the lunacy of this thread, which is why I just saw this.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

The problem, of course, is that I read through them and this is still ridiculous as it was to begin with. The military is not going to use mechanical dragon flies to "spy" on citizens. Unless the poster is in a war zone or some other area where the military would be likely to use this technology, this is ridiculous. In fact, if the poster was worthy of sending mechanical dragon flies at to spy upon, they would not be an ATS poster.

Yes, I know I just bumped this, but I never thought anyone would be insane enough to question the lunacy of this thread, which is why I just saw this.

look back 1 page. i have a post with linked information showing that dragonflies WERE used.

yes, the OP is silly. But it uncovered a strange truth while we looked into it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I did read an article once saying the CIA was experimenting with man-made dragonflies for spying purposes, but apparently it got scrapped because they had too many problems with the wind.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
WE ARE THE DRAGON FLIES. WE KNOW ALL AND SEE ALL. YOUR SECRETS AND FEARS BELONG TO OUR MASTER, SONRAD CLATER.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They do have mechanical flies and bugs already developed for spying purposes so your idea may have some merit.

With technology as advanced as it is today nothing would surprise me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hmmm.. Dragonflies are just a very tame type of insect! I have talked about dragonflies before on here.
AT work when I would go outside and smoke I would impress some of the people by holding out my hand, and I would 75% of the time get a dragonfly to come and land on my hand!!!

Dragonflies are just the coolest little buggers around!

But trust me they are real.. They are just very tame.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I've heard HORROR stories about the mosquitoes in Alaska. I am so not surprised that the dragonflies are plentiful there!

Cuhail

They had an interesting article a couple of years ago about our mosquito's. They calculated that if they were to drop someone off naked on the tundra, they would die from blood loss due to mosquito's in about 8 hours.

On topic,

The first Dragonfly I noticed this year flew up to the window of my dining room and looked at me. Then it turned around, flew a few feet out and flew straight back at my face. It splattered Dragonfly goo all over the window. No mechanical parts, just bug guts.
I'm not sure why it did that. I've never had one do that before. Perhaps it was a mentally challenged dragonfly?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33
Hey Prince, here's an idea for you. Next time one is zooming in to get a poloroid of you, whack it with something. Then you can examine the little fella and see if there is a little US flag painted on the side.

Sorry... I just couldn't resist. Thanks for the enjoyment.

Better be careful there fella.If it the police spying on you you could be killed for killing a law enforcemnt officer.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
im sorry but mechanical dragonfly spies is a little to much

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeDog

*sigh*

How do we deny ignorance when you ignore the information provided here for you?

Mechanical Dragonfly Spies ARE real, and are being used. Look at the information provided in this thread for links and proof.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

funny, when i saw this piece of art, i said to myself "what a cool scifi idea"

Now i'm being told it is a reality

edit: artist Denis Tolkishevsky from Russia - title Dragontfly

[edit on 9/12/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Excellent post thx.

It looks like there is a chance you are seeing robot dragonflys as the Anon poster linked to proof.

You may be under observation by Black Ops for some reason, fortunately they have limited manpower due to the secrecy at this level. This typically means a small surveillance team is within at most say 30mins flying time of these recon drones.

This must be proofed however. Keep a digital camcorder on your person at all times. The next time you see a "Dragon Fly" film it and track it - even if this means running out of your premises - do not let it get away!

A robot drone "Dragon Fly" can be distinguished from the real article as if you attempt to film it at close range it will evade (counter surveillance tactics) - real insect have no knowledge of cameras - they are just bugs and will ignore you (proof nature documentarys).

Further proof that you are getting close to the truth will be if the police show up to detain you - it is likely then Black Ops has bugged out. Good luck! Oh and post the vid here thx.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i live in birmingham al. and i have seen an orange right angled dragonfly obviously not an insect... coast to coast has the picture of the same thing i saw except that one was black, and it was also filmed in alabama. heres the picture
www.coasttocoastam.com...

the only thing that looked real on the dragonfly i saw was the wings and maybe the size (it was a little big to be a real dragonfly) the rest of it was obviously mechanical. i was filming contrails being made with my phone when my phone went haywire and buzzed an awful alarm, i was frightened by this, went in and shut the phone off, went back outside and bam the dragonfly was buzzing me about 1 to 2 ft. from my face, it noticed me noticing it and it flew off down the street...its real folks!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
check it out. Just as the OP stated.

aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com...

aftermathnews.wordpress.com...

More than a few people were skeptical, when the Washington Post picked up on our story about robotic dragonfly spies. The paper quoted eyewitness accounts -- but failed to find any agency who would admit to using this type of micro air vehicle.

The FBI said they didn't have one. Homeland Security wouldn't comment. Neither would the CIA, whose previous robo-dragonfly effort in the 70's was shelved due to its inability to handle crosswinds. It can now be seen in their online museum*. DARPA said they were interested in the idea but still working on it.

blog.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i don't know if this has been mentioned but darpa have been
planting micro engineering inside lava or pupa of insects to
control the insects with camera's and all kind of other things
it's in a programme called "hi mems" don't no how to link but just
google darpa hi mems and read up! so its possible what the op says

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
link darpa

DARPA Directions Archives Contact Site Map Skip to Content Home

About Personnel Programs Solicitations Publications Initiatives Home > Programs > Hybrid Insect MEMS Print
Hybrid Insect MEMS (HI-MEMS)
Program Manager: Dr. Amit Lal

Animal world has provided mankind with locomotion over millennia. For example we have used horses and elephants for locomotion in wars and conducting commerce. Birds have been used for sending covert messages, and to detect gases in coal mines, a life-saving technique for coal miners. More recently, olfactory training of bees has been used to locate mines and weapons of mass destruction. The HI-MEMS program is aimed to develop technology that provides more control over insect locomotion, just as saddles and horseshoes are needed for horse locomotion control.

Developing tightly coupled machine-insect interfaces by placing micro-mechanical systems inside the insects during the early stages of metamorphosis.The HI-MEMS program is aimed at developing tightly coupled machine-insect interfaces by placing micro-mechanical systems inside the insects during the early stages of metamorphosis. These early stages include the caterpillar and the pupae stages. Since a majority of the tissue development in insects occurs in the later stages of metamorphosis, the renewed tissue growth around the MEMS will tend to heal, and form a reliable and stable tissue-machine interface. The goal of the MEMS, inside the insects, will be to control the locomotion by obtaining motion trajectories either from GPS coordinates, or using RF, optical, ultrasonic signals based remote control. The control of locomotion will be investigated using several approaches. These include direct electrical muscle excitation, electrical stimulation of neurons, projection of ultrasonic pulses simulating bats, projection of pheromones, electromechanical stimulation of insect sensory cells, and presentation of optical cues with micro-optical visual presentation. The intimate control of insects with embedded microsystems will enable insect cyborgs, which could carry one or more sensors, such as a microphone or a gas sensor, to relay back information gathered from the target destination.

HI-MEMS derived technologies will enable many robotic capabilities at low cost, impacting the development of future autonomous defense systems. The realization of cyborgs with most of the machine component inside the insect body will provide stealthy robots that use muscle actuators which have been developed over millions of years of evolution. The basic technology developed in this program could also be used as a biological tool to understand and control insect development opening vistas in our understanding of tissue development, and provide new technological pathways to harness the natural sensors and power generation from insects.
DARPA Back To Top

[edit on 13/9/2008 by stealthyaroura]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join