It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Anheuser-Busch Agrees to InBev Sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Report: Anheuser-Busch Agrees to InBev Sale

www.foxnews.com

ST. LOUIS — Anheuser-Busch reportedly has agreed to be acquired by Belgian brewer InBev for about $52 billion.

The deal being reported by The Wall Street Journal would create the world's largest brewer and put the iconic American beer maker in the hands of the Belgian-based company behind Stella Artois and Beck's beers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well I bet no one saw this one coming... at least not a couple of years back. With the trasck record that this Belgian company has it would be just a matter of time befire the start laying off employees and move a substantial quantity of its operations overseas...this is a big loss it used to be a decade ago that American companies use to buy or merge companies around the world and now is our companies that are easy pray for international companies.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

This is kind of surprising. I know there will be some changes being made, as to what I have no idea.
I also can't help but think politics is playing a part in this.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Well for all I have read it seems that this is a company that would cut cost at every corner in the name of profits. I mean nothing wrong with that but given that they could move some of its operations to thirld world countries and the realization that they dont need those headquaters in St. Louis that would definately hurt the local employees.

The shareholders won at the expense of the little guys. I guess thats what capitalism is all about.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You beat me to it. This is an American Icon being sold out. What a shame. Its just the start of more sell outs though as the dollar continues to fall, foreign interests are now able to scoop up these American companies for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Welcome to the start of the NWO my friends. Soon all assets and businesses and all the real estate will be owned by the bankers. This is just a small step in the overall picture of world unification.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Bush also has a unique way of doing things. They still use beach wood aging. To my memory they are the only brewery that still does things that way. It is a trade mark of Bush, so it would hurt the company if they got rid of that. If there buyers are as ruthless as you say they are that may go away. Not saying any thing wrong with proffits, but if they way things are being done is working and making money, don't break it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

I completely agree that it is a shame and I would expect more of this to come in the next couple of moths or years. You have now Citigroup been control by the Sheiks of the Middle East, more and more of our financial institutions getting capital from that region and China.

Obviously next in line is General Motors but that would be at no fault but their own, may be Ford too who knows. At this point I wont be surprised if even GE would get acquired by any other international conglomerate.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sort of on topic, yet off topic at the same time ...

Stella Artois is a far superior beer over Budweiser and is almost a welcome move for me. Now if we can just brew the Stella domestically, yet retain the same exact flavor, thus cutting the cost of Stella down to the cost of Bud and I'm all for this move. However, I know this is not the plans, so I'll just continue to pay outrageous prices for Stella until I can no longer afford to.

... end beer rant.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

For some reason this is what went through my head when I learn about the deal been done. Maybe this entire economic mess was part of the plan to kill the middle class in a way that the big boys would accumulate so much wealth, assets that it would easier for them to accomplish their goals.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Chrysler building in NY (once the tallest building in NY, before the Empire State Bldg was Built) was sold to UAB interests last week. If that doesnt get you thinking I dont now what will.

top topics

join