It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do the MASONS believe in???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ive heard alot 'bout the (FREE) MASONS and i want to know if they have their own religion and i wanted to know what are their beliefs and practices...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Freemasonry is the world's oldest and largest fraternity. It is
reported to be over 1,000 years old and currently contains over
6 million members worldwide. Freemasons believe in the
Fatherhood of God, the brotherhood of Man, and of the imortality
of the Soul. A candidate for membership must express his agreement
with the above belief before he will be considered to be accepted
into the fraternity.

But how can you keep secret that which you are supposed to spread?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They call upon a god form known as 'The Great Architect of the Universe', which they give the name Jahbulon.

This name consists of the names of three gods. Jah (Jehovah) Bul (Baal) and On (Osiris). Jehovah is self explanitory. Baal is an old pagan god (Caanite I think) - who is considered demonic by the Christian church. Osiris is the Ancient Egyptian god of the underworld / life after death.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Freemasonry is the world's oldest... ...fraternity.

Come again?

I believe it to be older than 1,000 years; but that still doesn't make to be the OLDEST fraternity in the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are so many famous Freemasons I can't list them all. So I provided the following links.

A - L

M - Z

The United States has about 2 million members.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by godservant
Freemasonry is the world's oldest... ...fraternity.

Come again?

I believe it to be older than 1,000 years; but that still doesn't make to be the OLDEST fraternity in the world.

Who is older and still around? I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ooohhh, oldest that's STILL EXISTING!

You could be right on that one; not sure.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

They call upon a god form known as 'The Great Architect of the Universe', which they give the name Jahbulon.

This myth seems to have originated with Walter Hannah's book "Darkness Visible." Freemasonry recognizes no god named Jahbulon.

i want to know if they have their own religion and i wanted to know what are their beliefs and practices...

Freemasonry is a non-sectarian fraternal organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of religious belief, providing only that potential members believe in the existence of Deity.
The term "Grand Architect of the Universe" is generally used in the Lodge to denote the Deity, although "God", "the Lord", etc., are also used.
The term "Grand Architect of the Universe" was actually coined by a non-Mason, the Reformation theologian John Calvin, who used that term several times in his "Institutes of the Christian Religion". It was first used in Masonry in 1724 by the Rev. James Anderson, a Masonic scholar and Presbyterian minister, who served the Grand Lodge of England as Grand Chaplain.

But how can you keep secret that which you are supposed to spread?

Masonic philosophy and principles have never been a secret; they are declared as far as men can hear. Many notable Masonic scholars have published excellent books on Freemasonry, all available to the general public. These include the works of Albert Mackey, Albert Pike, Henry Coil, Henry Clausen, and Rev. Joseph Fort Newton.
The secrets of Freemasonry consist of the traditional trade secrets of the medieval guilds of stonemasons, from which our modern fraternity has evolved, as well as their modes of recognition.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wow that almost sounds like a script your reading from

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
ok...to be a member you must believe in a supreme being. God, Allah, Budda, whoever. most Lodges in U.S.A. have a Bible because we are a God type nation. that's it. the Bible is used only when a candidate takes an oath(basically to abide by the rules). religion and politics discussions have no place in the Lodge. they are too hot a topic and the reason we meet is to make our bond stronger, not rip it apart by our differences in religion, or how our taxes are spent.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So I can believe the pen im writing with is a diety and God?

this is the most unbelievable thing ive ever heard.

If I worship a telephone poll as my diety than does that make it true?

peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The whole point of this Masonic doctrine is to stress the freedom of religion. If you want to worship your pen, that's you right....hell, people have developed much weirder religious beliefs than pen-worship, some of them being major world religions now.

No, but people have the right to be wrong without being persecuted for it. If you told me that you worship a telephone pole, I'd probably try to make case as to why that's ridiculous, but in the end you don't have to take my advice if you don't want to, in such case I would just leave you alone so you could go back to phone pole worshiping.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Every male in my family is/was a Mason. It isnt that secret, and all of our family friends know it. They have pledges and so on, but it is not really what most people think.
I'm going to a DeMolay meeting sometime this summer, which is for young adults, before you become a "full mason".
My great-grandfather is a Shriner, which is high ranking so to speak, and leads ceremonies.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Wiley]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
contenderministries.org...

Freemasonry has no worship services because it is not a church per se, but rather a fraternal organization. Masonic gatherings are more like club meetings, which may involve a number of issues such as Masonic-sponsored community projects, current events, or Lodge business. Yet Masonry has all the trappings and nomenclature of a deeply religious organization: the meeting place is a "temple" that has an "altar" and a "sacred book"; "prayers" are spoken by a "chaplain"; rituals are performed.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
There are so many famous Freemasons I can't list them all. So I provided the following links.

A - L

M - Z

A list of famous members speaks louder than words.
Count Basie and Gene Autry were Masons?? Oh, my, fascinating read.
Many thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

this is the most unbelievable thing ive ever heard.

peace.

You can bring up that same argument with your beliefs Truth or any one's belief. The Fact of the matter is (whether you want to admit it or not ) is that none of us knows the absolute truth. Therefore they are merely stating that a person must believe that there is a force greater than themselves driving not only there being but everything and one around them.

When you die you can�t take anything with you except your knowledge and experiences. Remember that and express it in everything you do. Each person is different and yet the same. We all want to reach that goal yet some people find it a different way. It might be threw masonry it might be through Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Buddhism. But as long as you acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things that you, meaning your conscious self are not really in control that is when you will see the "truth" and relize it only a half truth. Sorry got off the subject

new topics

top topics

join