It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see Atlantis on Google Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just to keep everyone on their toes:

maps.google.com...,-24.658813&spn=2.986094,5.405273&z=8

Be interesting to see whether this is an artifact of the data collection, or is actual structure on the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Discussion on where the patterns may be coming from

Sonar and other data retrieval systems leave patterns

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hanslune. It looks like we have to sign up to Google Earth to view the data.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Howdy Lostinspace

Well what greedy swine they are! LOL

It's just a human induced image anyway. So I wouldn't add it to the evidence bucket.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
there goes another location of Atlantis..down the drain...hahaha.

how many are there??

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
wow those streets must be like 50 miles wide. now we know what happened to their culture. they ate themselves to death!

the msut've been the fattest race of people ever. even more so than alabama.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Well over a thousand places I believe. It might be easier to make a list of places where Atlantis HASN'T been found.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
it is amazing how easy it is to grab international headlines with an atlantis story. it seems that anyone who makes any effort can get themselves flashed far and wide.

I wonder what would happen if it was the national geological institute of a European Union country that went mainstream saying that they had found it. who knows. that would be brand new and not so easy for pretend scholars to giggle at.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The sun newspaper reported on possible Atlantis sightings just off the canary islands, it was found using google ocean

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The colossal heads of the Olmecs tell me that an entire civilization is missing from the Americas. These heads have an African or Polynesian form. What is strange is that some later culture decided to bury the heads in the earth. It's as if the preceding culture was feared. I noticed the colossal Olmec head is shown in the center of the Toltec warrior shield. This face is also shown in the center of the Mayan/Aztec calendar.

The governmental seat of the Olmec culture may be at the bottom of the Caribbean.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The colossal heads of the Olmecs tell me that an entire civilization is missing from the Americas. These heads have an African or Polynesian form. What is strange is that some later culture decided to bury the heads in the earth. It's as if the preceding culture was feared. I noticed the colossal Olmec head is shown in the center of the Toltec warrior shield. This face is also shown in the center of the Mayan/Aztec calendar.

The governmental seat of the Olmec culture may be at the bottom of the Caribbean.

Howdy there Lostinspace

There are seventeen known colossal heads, only four have faces that might be considered "unusual", if you go to that part of Mexico you'll notice that a lot of the natives have flatten faces. I've traveled there and yes a few of them have that look. Genetics show that they came from NE Asia. No skeletal material has been found for Olmec culture so we don't have a definitive on that unfortunately.

The Olmec develop many thousands of years after the purported date of "Atlantis" as note in Plato's literature.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Google makes it official

Oops

But Google said the lines represented sonar data collected from boats.

"It's true that many amazing discoveries have been made in Google Earth including a pristine forest in Mozambique that is home to previously unknown species and the remains of an Ancient Roman villa," a Google statement said.

"In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artefact of the data collection process. Bathymetric ( or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor," she added.

"The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data. The fact there are blank spots between each of these lines is a sign of how little we really know about the world's oceans."

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
that's some really cool stuff...how has this never been seen on satelight until now?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Paramecium302

Not sure either no one notice before - or realize it was an artifact of the software and how it displayed the data or new data from the sonar material was added in recently. Nonetheless just a false alarm.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

go to the latest version of google earth and find
31*21'52.33" N 24*24'51.39" W and you will see a grid pattern not found anywhere else on the planet, these are large squares my guess is they are irrigation canals.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Look again Hanslune. Some of the lines actually continue from one frame shot to another. I was looking at one line near the triangle pattern east of the isle of youth and saw two different satellite shots showing the underwater line going through both shots. These lines might be from dredging.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi I was serching google earth around the atlantic ocean and i found this

cords incase you cant see the photo

31.39,-24.44

0_0 Atlantis perhaps?

edit on 15-7-2011 by VallyValintine because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by VallyValintine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join