It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think you're going to "ascend?" But we've been through this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Skulking the ever-maddening halls of ATS recently, I've been coming across more and more posters who believe that....

"Something's happening"
"We need to prepare for a change in consciousness"
"Ascension is coming"
"These are important times"
"You're crazy"

I suppose that last one relates less to the topic and is just something I hear often.

Anyway, I too believed for quite some time that I was going to experience a world-altering event of some sort of spiritual or alien calibur at some point in my life. But as I read through the expansive list of said threads, I realized that the vocabulary was familiar to me. Could this have happened before?

Well it has.

The 1960's were a time of political, social, and technological revolution. The flower children, Kent State, The Vietnam War, Communists, Drugs, Civil Unrest, The Space Race, etc. These were exciting (and trying) times that molded a new perspective for its people.

Counterculture/social revolution
Younger generations soon began to rebel against the conservative norms of the time, as well as disassociate themselves from mainstream liberalism, in particular they turned away from the high levels of materialism which was so common during the era. This created a counter-culture that eventually turned into a social revolution throughout much of the western world. It began in the United States as a reaction against the conservative social norms and stasis of the 1950s, the political conservatism (and social repression) of the Cold War period, and the US government's extensive military intervention in Vietnam. The more social/cultural youth from the movement were called hippies. Together they created a new liberated stance for society, including the sexual revolution, questioning authority and government, and demanding more freedoms and rights for women, homosexuals, and minorities. The Underground Press, a wide-spread, eclectic collection of underground newspapers served as a unifying factor for the counterculture. The movement was marked by drug use (including '___' and marijuana) and psychedelic music.

Anti-war movement
A mass movement began rising in opposition to the Vietnam War, ending in the massive Moratorium protests in 1969, and also the movement of resistance to conscription (“the Draft”) for the war. The antiwar movement was initially based on the older 1950s Peace movement heavily influenced by the American Communist Party, but by the mid-1960s it outgrew this and became a broad-based mass movement centered on the universities and churches: one kind of protest was called a "sit-in." Other terms heard nationally included the Draft, draft dodger, conscientious objector, and Vietnam vet. Voter age-limits were challenged by the phrase: "If you're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough to vote." Many of the youth involved in the politics of the movements distanced themselves from the "hippies".

The most well-known anti-war demonstration was the Kent State shootings. In 1970, university students were protesting the war and the draft. Riots ensued during the weekend and the National Guard was called into maintain the peace. However, by Monday, tensions arose again, and as the crowd grew larger, the National Guard started shooting. Four students were dead and nine injured. This event caused disbelief and shock throughout the country and became a staple of anti-Vietnam demonstrations.

Source

"The times they are a' changin'" again, but to what extent does our self-importance overstep its bounds? Is this just another revolution, another cycle to the world, or is it really going to change us on a spiritual, fundamental level?

We find ourselves in these trying times again. Are we a population that can rid ourselves of the evils in the world and make a difference, or will the choice be made by something bigger than us?

The recent spike in alien sightings could very well be a coincidence.
2012 might be just like 2008.
The dark side of the moon might be just like the light side.
The coming depression might right itself.
Our savior might not be coming.

But then, we could be on our way to a combined consciousness; a disclosure of earth-shattering proportions.

So are we just like the people of the 60's, changing the world and making it a better place for the future? Or are we really the culmination of the human race, where we get the privilege to see what the universe has for us?

If you think we differ from the 60's in a big way, I'd like your input. I am trying to alter myself into a more humble being, and the idea that I will be given the chance at seeing something so wonderful/awful doesn't compute right now..

Thanks for reading
Much Love
SC

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just wait until 2012 when we all turn into super humans and learn how to fly... good times I hope coming, or the human race starts over, those are our only two options imo.. crazy stuff I know.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Just wait until 2012 when we all turn into super humans and learn how to fly... good times I hope coming, or the human race starts over, those are our only two options imo.. crazy stuff I know.

Do you really think that? What makes you think that way?

I too, hope for excitement, but I don't see enough evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Its all faith, I believe the human race will transform one day. I really think that its bound to happen, the next stage in evolution will be supermen.

Imagine men who will fly through the air through their energy alone. They will be able to terraform the Earth through their energy waves alone. Remember anything is possible.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Haha, that's pretty intense, but I cannot argue with faith.

Do most of you other who believe in upcoming ascension believe solely based on faith?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
reply to post by Techsnow

Haha, that's pretty intense, but I cannot argue with faith.

Do most of you other who believe in upcoming ascension believe solely based on faith?
I'm not sure about 2012 being the date of it,but I have faith that the human race will change for the better.We have to.We just can not go on this way.IMO our evolution isn't over.Our bodies may have reached the peek,but our minds still need work.There is a quote in bible somewhere about in the end times how God will fill our minds up with understanding.So I guess I do think that one day we will all have the chance to "ascend".What form it will take I have no clue,but I believe with all my heart its going to happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The aliens will appear and explain what is going on. Next, we have to differentiate between the "good" and the "bad" people. Then, we gonna carry on with our evolution

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A simple and interesting place to start here is David Wilcock - the 2012 Enigma

Its available on Google Video.

Covers a few topics but most importantly it covers how our DNA can and probably will change between now and 2012 coinciding with our solar system passing through the photon belt of energy.

It encompasses crop circles (the real ones) and a whole bunch of stuff...

Als, it cant hurt to read some Greg Bradden and Dean Raiden for their work on consciousness and how we create our reality. It is also tied in.

And of course, studying the mayan's and their beliefs will also help paint a picture

Hope that helps a little

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I dont like the word 'ascension' - a bit too catch phrasey.

As i see it, our bodies will go through a change which science can validate (well explained in The 2012 Enigma) and that this change will bring us to a place where 'ascension' may be the likely result.

Many ancient teachings have prophesised this (am at work and cant link properly tho - in a rush to not get busted on here)

I think we are all already changing, and yes, i DO feel something. But i also SEE change, both in people's actions and beliefs. Suddenly the fringe is being cut and this stuff ain't so out there anymore.

At least thats why i think anyway

[edit on 14-7-2008 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, Jesus was said to have performed miracles. He healed the sick, fed the hungry, and solved the Rubik's Cube in under 60 seconds. Magic or no magic, technology is catching up to science fiction faster than public policy advisors can cope with the change in society it is bringing. We will very soon be able to feed the hungry and heal the sick like never before.

We're going to need a new template to guide us into the future.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am saying that in a way, we are emulating the 60's. Perhaps it is a bit more or less enthusiastic, but more of the same.

Does anyone agree with this? Or am I grasping at straws? We got through the hippy revolution, is this one going to be anymore meaningful?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I am with you on the 60's thing. All we are missing is the draft forcing the youth to wake the hell up and notice what is going on around them. The youth are what it is going to take to make any real change. As long as they can view the world problems as something someone else has to deal with, they will not rise up. Hand them all a draft card and they will be taking to the streets and bringing about change.

I think that is one reason we have been reluctant to impose a draft. It will wake the sleeping giant.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
That's a great point, KH. I hadn't thought of that but it really is the rift in my theory. It would change everything.

Its strange, because as our rights are being stripped from us, we sit in apathetic silence. Make us do something (get off our ***) and we'll have a lot to say!

Starred my friend.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Its strange, because as our rights are being stripped from us, we sit in apathetic silence.

I honestly fear that we have sat by for too long. I think that so many rights have been stripped or bastardized that it will be EXTREMELY difficult to rise up. The protests and the rallies that we saw in the 60's will be far harder to organize now. They will be restricted to "free speech zones" or disrupted by our jack boot police due to a lack of permits before they have a chance to start.

I am honestly afraid of my government. I will admit it. I can't be the only one. I worry about all that I have to lose if I were to start sticking my neck out and trying to organize rallies. You would think that in the day of social networks and the internet, you could easily gather large groups to protest the injustice in the world, yet we don't. It can't all be chalked up to apathy, although that is a large part of it.

People are afraid. The Tyrants are winning.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

For our sake, I hope you're wrong, though I fear you're right.

To assume that there won't be war (of a civil or foreign nature) in this country is silly. It will happen, the question is when.

I suppose my real hope is that this is another 1960's and not something new.

Wanna be a hippy?

top topics

join