It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China breaking UN embargo in Sudan: BBC report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

China breaking UN embargo in Sudan: BBC report

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (AFP) - China is breaking the United Nations arms embargo on Sudan, providing military equipment and training pilots to fly Chinese jets, the BBC said Sunday, citing an investigation by its journalists.

Citing two confidential sources, the broadcaster said China was training pilots to fly Chinese Fantan fighter jets, and that Sudan had imported several fighter trainers called K8s two years ago.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Interesting article on Chinese intervention in Africa. I wonder how the UN will be handling this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting timing on this story.

After a quick news search, it seems to me that the allegations date to the period 2003 - 2005. The arms embargo was signed in March 2005.

What I find odd is that this (somewhat old) story is coming to the fore now - a couple of days after China and Russia voted against the Zimbabwe sanctions.

Is the media priming us for something?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

If this report was the same, except replace China with the US, people would be losing their minds.

I hope we see the same empire and other comments, so often thrown at the US.

Will anyone compare it to going into M.E. by the US and accuse China of only going for oil?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
If this report was the same, except replace China with the US, people would be losing their minds.

I hope we see the same empire and other comments, so often thrown at the US.

Will anyone compare it to going into M.E. by the US and accuse China of only going for oil?

Nope, you won't. In fact, I'm surprised that anyone did post on this topic.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Good find. I've been reading news of China's activity in Africa for at least a couple years now. What are they getting at? The CT in me thinks it must be more than simple access to natural resources and strategery.

new topics

top topics

join