It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm seeing a new kind of ad.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I posted a thread about this last week, but it got trashed almost immediatly. Probably because I was pissy about it. I assumed that this was making money for ATS too. Sorry for that. I should have known better. Had I been a bit less pissy, perhaps this problem could have been taken care of earlier.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've discovered the source, CPX Interactive.

While reviewing recently added advertising campaigns via their management tools, my entire browser window was expanded and taken over by a page from SpiralFrog.com.

Until they can guarantee us this will never happen again, all ads from CPX Interactive have been disabled.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Cheers, its good to hear it was a bug. I was beginning to get worried.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

you rock

thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Would this come up as a 'attempted browser hijack' when you run a security scan? I had a few of those through ATS a week or so ago...tried not to think too much of it, would this ad thing explain that????

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
would this ad thing explain that

Yes.

I've initiated contact with our account rep at CPX Interactive and I expect a response soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Phew...thanks for clearing that up for me...I hope you spank their butts, I was mildly freaked for a while there.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I didn't get redirected but I was just reading a thread about the salmonella in jalapenos thing.
The threads train of comments go on to border issues and such.
THEN I noticed at the bottom an AD for the US border patrol hiring. WTH is that? Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was using internet explorer browsing ATS, got 5 popups and a virus, lost everything. Luckily it was an old computer I tested this on.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferengi
got 5 popups and a virus

When did this happen?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
*Sniffs the air* Doesn't smells good.. I smell something.. not sure what it is exactly....

XL5

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
SO, I'm sorry for the previous assumptions. However I do think theres something funny going on, my password was reset on me some time after my first post in this thread. I didn't change or delete any cookies, history or cookies for about 3 days prior. I have set windows to auto fill the password the PW box. I needed to get a new password via email.

forums.cdcovers.cc... some stuff about cpx.

www.getads.co.uk... about 2/3's down the page it mentions CPX and pop up ADs, it also discusses other types of ADs.

I've found looking on the web for the potential problems of new patches, software and comsumer electronics very helpful.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by XL5]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Nevermind I see you have already found the source and rectified the situation
Thanks SO for not subscribing to whatever it was or letting ATS be overrun with such annoying advertising tricks.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It happened about 30 minutes before I made my last post.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it's only the CPX ads. Today, (just a minute ago), I just got another ad redirect. Here's the URL it took me to:

The bottom of that page says the ad agency belongs to "Copyright © 2008 BlueAppleResearch.com, a Top Notch Media, Inc. website. All rights reserved."

[edit on 19-7-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just got redirected to another page. I was trying to pull up a thread from my ATS and as soon as the thread opened up i was redirected to another page, Blue apple or something. Sorry i didn't think to get the url.

I've never had this happen before, the worst i ever get are those annoying circuit city banners that open up. Those just open up and take up about half the page though and have an x to let you close them, just midly annoying.

I definitely don't like what just happened though, i don't want some advertiser being able to redirect me away from where i'm at, i hope this problem gets fixed.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was redirected to a snickers add about an hour ago.

The bug is still here.

Call Orkin.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I was redirected to a snickers add about an hour ago.

There are no campaigns for Snickers (or any other candy maker) being offered by any of our providers.

If anyone can uncover more information, that would he helpful.

(Still digging though)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I got a redirect earlier... unfortunately, it was when I was opening multiple pages simultaneously, so I couldn't easily extract a definitive adlog trace. It may have been:

http://adserver.abovetopsecret.com/adlog.php?bannerid=4&clientid=8&zoneid=32&source=&block=0&
capping=10&cb=c4060d99e70089b452b5963cf7dc41dd

PS: it seems the system clock on adserver is running about 8 and a half minutes fast...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hiyah SO,

Just sent you a U2U, just got another one when I clicked on "memcenter" to go to private messages, I sent you the address of the ad.

Just in case you have tons of U2U's as I am sure you do and you check the site first, the address was:

[edit on 19-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join