It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video game-mind control?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i dont know if this is true..but i read some where and heard from a couple of my buddys that DDR or also known as Dance Dance Revolution(its a dancing video game that you use a dance pad for, for PS2 and X-box and at arcades.) well it is a mind control device to control the minds of kids and the people who play it. if any one has played it they know it is very fun and very very very very addicting.. i have been playing for a long time and so has my kid brother and we are super good at heavy(the hardest level) but any way i heard that. and i aslo heard i really do agree with is that video games are made to prepare the younger generation(because kids, teens, and young adults are the ones who play games) to be able to fight in wars, or pilot planes and what not. and want to have a natrul killing instinct. and some other crap about mind control. i don't remember to much. but i remember seeing some of this on t.v. and the DDR thing i read some where. as soon as i find it i will post it. but give me your imput>>>

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wouldnt agree that video games make the idea of kiling look cool more over it just desensitizes so in a roundabout way your right, its a way for the companies to help create willing soldiers to fuel war machines.

Oh second thought I just realized that my avatar/name makes me one of them!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dobt that, although it is possible. I believe it is only part of the great deception. It is part of having so much to do that little time is left to interact with nature and other people and have time to think and search for our true self. While technology sold us to help us, we only ended up with more to do, ignoring the things that are more important. Not to mention, desensitising everyone to violence, but TV and books do that too.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i was just saying. i dont think the companys are behind it but i think the govenment is behind the video game industry.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i am also talking about DDR here. that was suppose to be the main focus about this post. DDR is suppose to turn you into brain dead zombie like people who would do or say what ever they are told because there mind is just blown on fast movement and neon colors.????

just saying

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedilotis
i am also talking about DDR here. that was suppose to be the main focus about this post. DDR is suppose to turn you into brain dead zombie like people who would do or say what ever they are told because there mind is just blown on fast movement and neon colors.????

just saying

It can turn you into an anti social nerd, Ive seen that happen at every theme park/arcade with DDR, some really scraggly looking dirty kid with his chubby goth girlfriend stroll in and play DDR in combat boots. I dont see those people on tommorows battlefield, but I do see them on tommorows public acess tv.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i agree with you agent47.. i see it too.. i see alot and i mean alot of nappy looking kids who just play and play...24/7. but dont get me wrong i love to play it too. and i am really good at it. but i am not a nappy grungy looking kid. i am a very fit well groomed 20 year old who has a beautiful girlfriend who hates to play that game with me. i am just saying not all are nappy. and i am on the battle field. and not on cable accses. i am an airmen in the u.s. air force

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedilotis
i agree with you agent47.. i see it too.. i see alot and i mean alot of nappy looking kids who just play and play...24/7. but dont get me wrong i love to play it too. and i am really good at it. but i am not a nappy grungy looking kid. i am a very fit well groomed 20 year old who has a beautiful girlfriend who hates to play that game with me. i am just saying not all are nappy. and i am on the battle field. and not on cable accses. i am an airmen in the u.s. air force

I wasnt accusing you of being one buddy I was just pointing out what I saw.

Thats nice to hear your serving our beautiful country.

Ive noticed the same trends, I went over to a buddys house the other day and hes your typical 200 pound monster tight end footbal player and I walk in and hes bouncing aroudn playing DDR, and then he convinces me we invite some girls and other friends and it turned into some party, it was certainly weird. I went for poker but found ddr.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
DDR do you think it is mind controling or what??

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
DDR doesnt make people want to kill people, it makes people want to kill the people who are playing it

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I hope thats not the case w/ DDR.......... I love it, i can do heavey also but still can't beat MAX 300

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Its only a mind control on the weak minded...

I heard that too. Strategy games being used by the government to make strateticians. It might be possible, though I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
first of all, this video game was made in JAPAN. not the U.S. 2nd, lots of video games are addictive for different people. those disney games can be addictive to little kids and those math computer games can be addictive to middle school students. personally, i'm addicted to counter strike, the 1st-person shooter game. THAT GAME IS THE SHIZ!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Also, the only games that the government truely sponsors are those 1st person shooter games u can d/l for free from army websites. they're mainly used to recruit new members and they're pretty fun too! the graphics are pretty good and i'm amazed at how good the graphics are. those games are only used to recruit people and nothing more

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i dont know about mind control, but certainly game makers do use some pyschological concepts in their games. everquest has quite a bit of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
wasnt this talked about in metal gear solid 2?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Been playing games since the Atari 2600, right on up to playing games on my PC here. No mind control going on here far as I know. Just a lot of wasted time...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah dude. I just discovered yesterday that the computer game Snood has subliminal messages in it. I'm not sure what the subliminal messages are for but all day long I see the little creatures, its pretty weird. I quickly deleted it from my computer

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Probably are but who the hell really knows?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I do believe that awhile back the army released a videogame for PC that was called America's Army, and that is what screamed to me that this could be an issue.

Another game, one that I'm hopelessly addicted to, BTW, is Counter Strike. It's way cool, Terrorist vs. CT, and all that.

But I think it's a very good possibility.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join