It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not a coup d’état in America??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don’t know about the rest of you, but don’t you think the time is perfect for this if a national emergency & martial law is indeed declared. Not everyone in the seats of power will follow Bush & Co and their agenda. It’s a mathematical impossibility. It’s the perfect time for this.

I don’t think it’s that crazy of a thought. We’re practically living in a military state, under a form of martial law as it is now. Most everyone is unhappy with the government to some degree or another. Maybe a new civil war will start after the dust settles? Who knows?

If GW and his government and non government cronies are truly the hanis and evil dictatorship we think they are, they have to have most everyone in the President’s inner circle in on it for this martial law thing to come to fruition. Also we can’t be forgetting SecTres, SecState, SecDef and some, if not all, of the Joint Chief’s in their pockets. Key people like the FBI director, CIA director and God knows how many in the “black” communities.
The point of that paragraph is that most of the military can’t possibly be in on it. Think back to 9-11, most knew nothing until it was all over.

Key people are needed for the command and control areas. That’s it. The rest are just to follow orders with out fail or they are to be court marshaled (not sure if I spelled that right!) and sent to a firing squad or a military prison. Doubtful these “unloyal to the new USA” soldiers will go to the “public” camps. They’d be full of us, the insurgents, the non-believers, the gun owners, the real patriots of the country. We’re to be considered dangerous and not to be trusted, but non combatants all the same. We’d be let out in due coarse, undoubtedly after some “conditioning”.
For this to work, the country’s infrastructure cannot be significantly damaged. People who are not rounded up will still have to work their jobs and keep whatever’s left of the economy going. Then the people who are eventually released from the camps will do the sh*t jobs that need employees unless you’re degree fills a need.

I can’t believe that the average National Guardsmen is going to open fire on his own townsfolk. Sure, some will undoubtedly, but not all, maybe not even a high percentage of them. Can you imagine soldiers fighting soldiers if this is the case? That starts the revolution which leads to the coup.
I don’t know what to say about regular Army or Marines. My thought is that they will deploy to the really big cities and I think that those guys are more the real deal. They might just carry out their orders to the letter. Who knows, just guessing here. These guy and girls are people as well as soldiers, who’s to say if they’ll follow orders?
I understand that the military brainwashes you in boot, no doubt, but the reservists are going to be charged with gaining control of the medium to small cities and towns. I live in a small town and I guess that I expect reservists. I could be wrong, as this is just a theory of mine.

Do you think that they would blow you away if you refused to be corralled, collected, and identified or whatever? I’m thinking that quite a few of the soldiers wouldn’t do it and would want to be with their families. To be at home protecting their kids and spouses from this very thing. Orders be damned. Perhaps I’m just an idiot and a dreamer.

I also believe that we’ve (as a country) done this before, example—1963, Dallas. That was just for the replacement of a President. This time the coup will be to restore this country to its former glory. Don’t know what you all would do, but I like to think that I would fight for it.

How many novels have you read in which a government coup d’état was attempted? Why can’t it happen here? I can’t believe that in the bowels of the Pentagon, there is not a plan for this.

If you’ve read my posts in the past, you know I like to hear your opinions on the weird ideas in my brain about possible upcoming events. I like getting people to think about the big picture and what they will do and what they might expect if it does happen.

Thanks for looking and I look foreword to hear your responses.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, not such a novel idea for the US, actually, since we've already had two coups since WW II. Of course you mention the most critical one, JFK's assassination, when the MIC took over from the Constitutional gov't, and the other one is more recent, and bloodless--at least to the contenders, and not really a coup, but a stolen election.

But JFK's murder sent us down this road, and it is the defining tragedy of our time.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't think the military is where they would look for help. Boot doesn't brainwash you in the least, unless you are a very weak minded individual. I know 5 marines who are all currently deployed, training or just got back from action, and believe me, I think they'd all side with the general public.

Most of what I hear from their mouths is, "This is complete bull***, I can't wait til my contract is up."

In AZ, they get local volunteers to do the sheriff's bidding. I think that's the easiest avenue. Just grab a bunch of silly hicks with guns to "round up" the population.

I do think, however, that we still have the advantage. I sit waiting for a revolt to happen, because I think they'll find out the average citizen has a lot more gunpower than they thought.

But maybe they have something HUGE prepared for such a problem. Maybe that laser-beam satellite that talks into your head really does exist?

It won't happen any time soon. We are all too poor and angry right now.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I highly recommend the April 2006 Harper's piece entitled "American Coup d'Etat: Military thinkers discuss the unthinkable"

Here are some excerpts but the entire piece is worth it if you can find it in the library:

prairieweather.typepad.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't believe it could really happen in the USA unless the populace were on the side of the people doing the coup, with so many guns in the hands of the population it would become a long and bloody civil war type situation in my opinion

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
While I do agree that the idea of a civil war is something that is on the table of future events, and may be likely, I cannot say that it will be in the current environments. The American people are seperated, and through the media's focus elsewhere either doesn't think anything more of what is wrong or thinks that they are alone (remember, many of the population is of the 30-50's, and may not be as computer literate as all of us, so they don't see all of the things we do).

In my mind, a civil war will come only after the nation has splintered do to some pre-determined or natural disaster. I know the show was laughed off, but the second season of Jericho comes to mind in showing this concept. The truth will only invigorate the populace when they are staring down the barrel of an M-4 or M-16, and see their friends and family rounded up, their local governments replaced with heartless cronies, and their rights stripped. By then it may be too late, but they will fight.

Do I think the government must be replaced? For the most part my answer is yes. Those in power in Congress, the White House, and the Supreme Court must be replaced (or at the very least, be examined by a group of their constituents as to their honesty and integrity, a test many would fail). The system itself works, only if those we elected let it and are invigorated as Americans, not as whomever pays them.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luther Blissett
I highly recommend the April 2006 Harper's piece entitled "American Coup d'Etat: Military thinkers discuss the unthinkable"

Here are some excerpts but the entire piece is worth it if you can find it in the library:

prairieweather.typepad.com...

Hey Luther,

Great link. I had a feeling that the powers that be were prepared for such an event.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus[/

But maybe they have something HUGE prepared for such a problem. Maybe that laser-beam satellite that talks into your head really does exist?

It won't happen any time soon. We are all too poor and angry right now.

Hey SC, BTW, I hope that you can still have a tour for the rest of the summer. If you come to Wisconsin, let me know.

My question is this...laser beam satellite? Never heard of that one. Could you please give more details, even if they're just rumors?

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join