It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spending Ats Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you buy something in the Ats store, it will get deducted from your points.
But let's say you have 5k points and want to buy yourself into the rats section of the forum, you will have zero points again and it looks like you just registered.
Wouldn't it be better if your points get converted in store credits, so that other people see your true points, and not the ones you have at that moment, because you have spend them to customize your profile id.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If people are reading your entire profile, they'll see the ATS points and the date you registered, not just how many points you may or may not have.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BcnDiamond

I see what you are saying but when you get up to say 50000 points or more it really doesn't make a difference. Does it?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Okay, makes sense, didn't know that.
Yeah if you have like 50k points it really doesn't matter much.
Ive been here for a long time, and decided to make an account after a year or so, never really cared about points, but since someone made me a custom avatar, I want to be a little more active and get atleast a black background..
Thank you for fast reply's.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You can spend points???

Actually I'm saving mine up for the day the Amigo's offer a ride on an alien space ship. I'm sure I'll have enough by then

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Points really are only to spend.

Some will give the impression that points alone are the reason why some start threads. Or they attribute unnecessary status to having them.

I would scrap the whole system and make Rats available to anyone who has been in good standing for X amount of time.

new topics

top topics

join