It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please answer me this liberals out there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
why is it ok to have the left leaning CNN on TV but you bash fox new's right leaning news? why is it ok to have only one sided news from CNN but not a counter point which is what fox news is all about? thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's not. I'm more of a Liberal than anything else and I don't trust either of them, Liberals who love CNN and bash Fox to Mars and back are hypocrites.
Fin.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by leafdarking]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
why is it ok to have the left leaning CNN on TV but you bash fox new's right leaning news? why is it ok to have only one sided news from CNN but not a counter point which is what fox news is all about? thanks

As a liberal, I will answer -- it is okay to have both, and for both to be bashed all the time for every reason we can collectively think of.

Fox news is bashed by liberals because that is what we do. Just like bashing liberals is what Rush Limbaugh does. It's good fun!

I will agree with you on an important point -- both CNN and Fox are highly biased in opposite directions. Where do you get straight news from? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Al news media lie like a rug.

I dont trust any of them.

I dont know why FOX in particular happen to be the biggest warmongers-
probably so they dont get FIRED.

If it takes lying to put food on the table, they are gonna do it.

I think personally, they are given shots of rabies then sent on the air.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'll take your question one step further.

Why would anyone want to pigeon-hole themselves into a "left" or "right" mindset? I don't believe there is a person out there with 100% conservative ideals, or 100% liberal ideals.

See, by putting yourself on a side, you are already doing what these trashy news orgs. want you to do. You give them fuel for their fire.

So basically, you dilute yourself by arguing anything but individual issues. Those are all that matter. You can't package my ideals into one big lump and use them as a basis for what I think this country should be, because you'll probably label me then.

I'm a Santaclat.. And I only watch the Santaclatic news stations.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
liberals enjoy CNN and "bash" FoxNews because CNN fits their political ideolgy better than foxnews. Just like most conservatives prefer FoxNews because it tends to fit their political ideology best.

It seems common sense to me that Liberals would prefer a news station that favors their beliefs and bash a news station that goes against there beliefs. same goes for conservatives.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I'll take your question one step further.

Why would anyone want to pigeon-hole themselves into a "left" or "right" mindset? I don't believe there is a person out there with 100% conservative ideals, or 100% liberal ideals.

See, by putting yourself on a side, you are already doing what these trashy news orgs. want you to do. You give them fuel for their fire.

That is a great post and it really caused me to pause.

I think the answer to your question is that USA politics has become highly polarized BECAUSE we currently have a two-party political system. Obviously this is not good. This current situation serves the two parties, but not your average person.

So many things are presented as either "up" or "down", "yes" or "no", "liberal" or "conservative", "democrat" or "republican". We aren't being given any third alternatives. And we are pretty much powerless to create one ourselves, apparently.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The left leaning liberals, like myself, moan and groan all day about the horror that is the Fox news network.

Why the right wing lunatics aren't yelling about CNN is a mystery to me, but I suspect it's because they are too busy laughing at us lefties. That's just a hunch I have though.

The simple fact is the news is out there to whatever flavor you might like. You can get leftie news, you can get rightie news, you can get news from Mars if you look hard enough.

I'm not looking for the news though, I'm simply looking for the truth. There is a difference.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The big mystery in all of this is Mr Lou Dobbs. I like CNN. Jack Cafferty ( sp ) is the man.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've converted quite a few times, first from CNN to MSNBC, than i realized that isn't even a real news channel and i went to FOX NEWS!, than i realized i hate that with a passion so i converted to the Colbert Report. It trumps all.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i wonder if john stewart's show will end once Bush is out of office
. he has a hard time hiding the liberal side of himself.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

i wonder if john stewart's show will end once Bush is out of office
. he has a hard time hiding the liberal side of himself.

I doubt it. It was on before Bush took office and it will most likely be on afterword.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Are you serious? Vast generalization much?

I think CNN is as much of a warmongering fascist news network as FOX. They're both mouthpieces of the elite.

All of it is propaganda.

FEAR FEAR, be afraid, these people are bad, look over here, don't look at this. ALL distractions. None of it truthful.

The only show I ever watch is Keith Olbermann.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Can''t we just get rid of all the alphabet channels?
and get rid of all incumbents as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

OLBERMAN?

Oh good grief, there's is nothing non-biased about that guy. He's a freaking sports reject for Christ's sake.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I find it amazing that the division between CNN and FoxNews; left vs right; has become so obvious now. Do you see something happening here? Can you see whats right in front of you're eyes? Is this subliminal messaging/dividing as we know it between two mainstream media outlets, one vs the other.... Whats going on you should really be asking yourself. Why are there only two?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't think I ever said Olbermann was unbiased. I just like watching him, so sue me.

He's on the opposite side of the spectrum from Billo, but at least tells the truth...Billo makes stories up...

CNN is owned by Time Warner, the largest media outlet in this country at least, possibly the world.

And FOX is owned by News Corporation (Rupert Murdoch) and is one of the largest in this country.

NEITHER is unbiased, both spread blatant lies. I'd say CNN is more truthful, but I can't watch either station without getting pissed off.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
I've converted quite a few times, first from CNN to MSNBC, than i realized that isn't even a real news channel and i went to FOX NEWS!, than i realized i hate that with a passion so i converted to the Colbert Report. It trumps all.

Did you see the Colbert or Steart interviews on O'Reilly's show? Both swore up and down that nobody actually think their getting real news from them.

Whats going on you should really be asking yourself. Why are there only two?

There isn't only two. There are dozens of Liberal media outlets such as ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN and MSNBC. While there is only one venue for a right leaning point of view. Yes, we control the radio waves, but that is the ONLY place where the right leaning opinion sees the light of day.

Hes the biggest liar/fearmonger thats ever been on TV.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

No one can compare to FOX news' fear-mongering. They're got that area cornered.

And he's no liar, do some research next time. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Originally posted by Dronetek

No one can compare to FOX news' fear-mongering. They're got that area cornered.

And he's no liar, do some research next time. Thanks.

So, we're back to the OP. Liberals think their people are as pure and clean and the wind driven snow while the fox is the fear monger king.

Trust me, I've been deeply involved in the wars since the start. If there is one guy most of us can agree is a liar, its Olberman. He is almost universally hated in the military for his lies. After all, he called Marines "murderers", before they had even been to trial. After they were cleared, he made no apologies. Hes a liar and a spin doctor, just like most in the MSM.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Dronetek]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join