It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are all more alike then you are willing to accept!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How is a redneck hunter like a wispy vegan?
How is a transindentalist like a zelot christian?
How is war mongering republican like a "peace" loving hippy?

If these are not polar enough for you think of the hardest case for two humans not being alike. Go ahead, I'll wait...

To Know one's self is one of a handful of the greatest spiritual conquest one can quest after in this illusion of life. Yet, like the bulk of the populis most look to take shortcuts. They quickly wish to affix a labble onto themselves to let the world outside know "what they stand for". They lie to themselves and others in the namesake of knowing the nature of their self.

This is all rampid egotisim. They wish to believe they are the illusion of their self that they wish to see within their self and project outside themselves into the illusion that is physical reality.

Reality is 95% personalized perception. So if you want to believe in a "NWO" your brain will show you what it is you wish to see. Or if you wish to believe yourself a peaceful animal loving vegan, then of course you're going to see those that kill and eat animals as the "evil ones".

However these are all lies you tell yourself...

You're living in a dream world NEO.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We are all flesh and blood and made out of the same light. Protons and neutrons. We all have the same human desires whether we deny them or not. Good post OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I agree.
But if people put all the nonsense to the side and realized that we are all more alike than we'd like to admit they'd just start hating each other again the next day. All men have the same capacity for good and evil, for intelligence and ignorance, for love and hate. But instead of focusing on the many like attributes we have men would rather focus on the few inane differences.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
mmmmm great OP
, its some really top stuff to think about hey. How many times do our minds blow stuff up beyond what they really are? I mean.... with the media these days there is soo much that we see that we wouldnt usualy and then to have that thrown at us on the TV or internet would make us think about that type of thing so much more - I hope that makes sence.

-fm

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
This is all rampid egotisim. They wish to believe they are the illusion of their self that they wish to see within their self and project outside themselves into the illusion that is physical reality.

However these are all lies you tell yourself...

You're living in a dream world NEO.

Quite good, Incarnated.

I think it might have to do with immaturity, and the quest to become mature humans. You have to deny "self", and KNOW there is something more.

The weird thing about "denying self" -- this actually makes "self" much stronger and better. It makes "self" more mature.

Knowing that we are all the same: it stops people from inflicting pain on others.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

sweet avatar man, did you catch the bedlam in SF on new years?

top topics

join