It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing religious dream. Reliving the past?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I dont know if this is in the right forum but here it goes.

Now, and this is very important, i am no religious person, i never visited church, i simply dont believe in any religion.
I did, as a little boy, go to a religious christian school. It was not different from other schools except we only prayed at the morning and the teachers always read to us from the bible, thats all i ever had to do with religion.

So here it goes, now i cant remember everything, its like some parts of the dream are cut out so maybe it does not read entirely fluid what im am going to tell but i will explain the best i can.

The dream:
I was in the middle east, i dont know where exactly or which country.
So i was talking to this other guy, and while i was talking i realized i was trying to talk him to get him to join our side, why and about what i did not know. We were standing on a roof, all around us there were some houses and a lot of sand and some kind of river. Suddenly all hell broke loose and this guys eyes changed completely red, like they were some kind of blood eyes or whatever. I just realized in my guts that me trying to talk him to the good side didnt work and he was one of Stans angels. We started fighting. Everywehere around me angels were fighting eachother.
Suddenly i left the rooftops and went to the river. All around me people, angels i guess, were heading towards the river too.

There was a corpse lying there, well, not a corpse, just a skeleton with some blueish light around it. Suddenly i knew this was the skeleton of Jesus and we had to fight to keep the badguys away from it. Suddenly the skeleton started to walk and regenerate back into a normal body again and we kept fighting for it to complete its transformation. Thats when the dream ended.

I woke up with a feeling that this was a war between Jesus and the angels and the Devil and his elohim. I also got a feeling this dream was not just a dream and was not just something that happend in the past but is going to happen in the near future.

Maybe it could be a fight from the past which i am dreaming about because our changed timeline, i dont know, but i just got the feeling this is going to happen in the near future.

Now like i said, i am no religious person. I never went to church, i never pray and i dont have a bible, never had one.

Maybe someone can shed a light on this, because im having a real bad feeling about this, with everything that has happend in the last couple of weeks taken into account.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a dream about the Battle Of Armageddon.

Check This Out

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
don't get me started about all the futuristic dreams i have nightly of mass UFO sightings, futuristic battles, general survival, etc...

reptilian programming, perhaps?? lol

[edit on 13-7-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you had a dream like that without ever having studied anything about this sort of thing then sure it could be a little freaky.But you went to a religious school and know all the names of the things and what they are.
So all these things were already put in your head, your subconscious is just jumbling them up into dreams.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

It was a school from the age of 4 to the age of 11 years. Dont know whats the english word for it.
And i remember everything like yesterday because in every new school-year the teachers told the same verses and storys.

Nothing was ever about battles of angels, fallen angels, or anything like it.
All they read to us, year in year out were the same storys. 99 Percent were always about life-lessons. Come on, we were little kids, they never told us storys about the evil satan and some battle.

It were always verses that could teach us about life, nothing more, nothing less.

So no, this wasnt already in my mind, AT ALL!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
Sounds like you had a dream about the Battle Of Armageddon.

Check This Out

Could be, cause i have the very strong feeling this has not happend, it is going to happen.

But still, why me, i am no religious person, i never pray, e never ever went to church..

Alien dreams ok, i have them all the time, but suddenly this...

Its now 2:40 at midnight overe here in Holland. I dont even want to go to sleep because i dont want to have such a dream again. I remember a feeling which i never ever want to feel again.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Dreams sometimes seem very real, but they are still just dreams. I really don't understand peoples logical frame of mind when falling for a religion. So I guess I'm not suprised that you may now finally "believe" all because of just a simple dream. Oh well...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Many times dreams had to do with our own personal life and what we are facing at the moment, perhaps you have some personal issues and the dream is the way to manifest them.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Who has said i suddenly am christian?
I have my own beliefs and nothing is gonna change that. I still dont buy into known religions and i never will.

Marg6043: Ive had far too much experiences with dreams to brush them off as manifests of problems and feelings. Lets say i have my reasons to take this very serious.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well obviously is worrying you for some reason, perhaps is more that you are not telling but that is your choice.

I have a lot of experience with dreams also and many of them specially the recurring ones are usually warnings about me or my family or somebody close.

Even when they sometimes are bizarre of border on the bizarre I have learn to interpret them without gloom and doom.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, it is not easy to interpret them without doom and gloom if more than 60 percent of them actually come true. With all my experiences with dreams i cant really convince myselff this means nothing. Especially not this one because i in no way am a religious person i have done everything god has forbidden.

Why doesnt a religious person dream this? No, someone who doesnt believe and whoms dreams often come true dreams this. Some people just never have any luck.

[edit on 13/7/08 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey I had my dreams with angels also and I had seen a lot of death and slaughter, I have felt myself been shot and die with my last breath right before I wake up, but the links to realities are more down to earth and benevolent.

Unless you are surrounded by violence then I can not see where the death and slaughter with a regenerating Saviour will come to be.

Unless is just a sign of things to come within your live at the center with many others and the Saviour figure is actually you, saving others in some kind of event or catastrophe.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No, i dont live in a violence-filled area. Instead, the only violence i have experienced is in movies. Sure everyone has a fight sometimes but real could-be-fatal-violence i have never witnessed. The last fight i witnessed with people simply kicking and punching eachother must have been 4 years ago.

About me being that saviour thing. I hope not, and i think not. There is not one person on this damn world who needs me or cares about me so why would they need me to help them in some disastrous event. They wont even think about me in such an event.

Its difficult. I dont understand that dream, i dont know why i had that dream. all i know is there is a 60 percent chance of this dream coming true, again, and if it does, well, then i guess there is not one thing or one person that could save us.

But hey, this was in the middle-east, i live in western Europe, and i dont know if what happend in the dream was taking place all over the (dream)world, so why should i be afraid huh...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here is a dream that I had about 10 years ago I will never forget this one.I was sitting on a rock in a field of flowers talking to Jesus.The colors in this dream was amazing.The sun was shining the weather was perfect.In the background was a large snow cap mountain.The thing is there was no sound.I couldnt hear what we were talking about,but we were having fun.Jesus would say something and I would laugh I would say something and make Him laugh.We would get serious for awhile then laugh some more.That was the most wonderful dream I have ever had.Now the weird part is when I woke and went to work I had the amazing feeling of peace.I seem to "float" through the whole day.I even talked to people I couldnt stand at the time and seem to enjoy their company.I wish I could have the dream every night.Im not "religious" per say,but i do have spiritual beliefs and Jesus plays a part in those beliefs.
As far as your dream goes thats a wild one.I believe dreams tell us something and not just random junk that our minds throw together.I use to believe that until the Jesus dream.The peaceful feeling after is what changed my thoughts on that.Break the dream down in parts an take a hard look at each part it may tell you something.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dreams are an odd thing for sure. I do dream on a regular basis, and mostly about what you'd term as 'guff.' But I do believe that the dream state is a deeply complex stage our brains are in, and could be open to 'external' input. Your dream may be nothing, but it has rattled you enough to post about it. Just think positively and see what happens from here. If you dream it again, and with even more powerful imagery, make notes on what happens... A 'dream diary' per-se.

I do love this world, and I love being alive, but a morbid element of me would be interested in being involved in the spiritual battle of Armageddon. I'd be beside Jesus all the way.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
You never know what the future have in storage for you, you may one they find yourself in a position to help many others and become a hero.

Never ever say never.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I hope its certainly not a future of which i dreamed about yesterday.
But like i said, there is a 60 percent chance is is!

What i think is odd is there are still no heavy-religious people in this thread. Maybe they can shed some different light on this dream, because most of them now every single word in the bible from the first to the last page.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

TheNetherlands,

I see that you're waiting for some religious interpretation of your dream, I can feel your fear and confusion and it's normal to feel this in the circumstance. We are living in the end times, this dream that you dreamed can be a foreshadowing of the final battle of Armageddon, or it could be the battle of Gog and Magog which will come first before the final battle Armageddon.

The lesson to be learned here; our days are getting short, and we should take every advantage of every opportunity to do good deeds that will stand us in good stead at the Day of Judgment.

I will share with you something that might help you have a better understanding of dreams in general. God said that every time we sleep, He gathers our souls, in such wise that every night when we sleep, it's like dying, and every morning when we wake up is a resurrection. So during the time that God gathers our souls in the night when we sleep, our soul get glimpses of the unseen things, exactly the same thing thing that happens to a person when he/she dies. A soul, upon death becomes conscious of the unseen things which otherwise is invisible while one is still alive. So a dream that one experiences while sleeping might be a true vision of what has happened before or could be a vision of something that's going to happen in the future.

But all this should bring home to each and everyone of us the reality of our mortality.

39:42 Allah receiveth (men's) souls at the time of their death, and that (soul) which dieth not (yet) in its sleep. He keepeth that (soul) for which He hath ordained death and dismisseth the rest till an appointed term. Lo herein verily are portents for people who take thought.

Ponder these words written by one of the most Eloquent servant of God, Ali Commander of the Faithful about The limitations of life

People have been created as a proof of God's power, have been brought up with authority, they are made to die through pangs, and placed in graves where they turn into crumbs. Then they would be resurrected one by one, awarded their recompense and would have to account for their actions, each one separately. They had been allowed time to seek deliverance, had been shown the right path and had been allowed to live and seek favours, the darkness of doubts had been removed, and they had been let free in this period of life as a training place in order to make preparation for the race on the Day of Judgement, to search for the objective with thoughtfulness, to get time necessary to secure benefits and provide for the next place of stay.

How appropriate are these illustrations and effective admonitions provided they are received by pure hearts, open ears, firm views and sharp wits. Fear Allah like him who listened (good advice) and bowed before it, when he committed sin he admitted it, when he felt fear he acted virtuously, when he apprehended he hastened (towards good acts), when he believed he performed virtuous acts, when he was asked to take lesson (from the happenings of this world) he did take the lesson, when he was asked to desist he abstained (from evil), when he responded to the call (of Allah) he leaned (towards him), when he turned back (to evil) he repented, when he followed he almost imitated and when he was shown (the right path) he saw it.

Such a man was busy in search of truth and got rid (of the worldly evils) by running away. He collected provision (of good acts) for himself, purified his inner self, built for the next world, and took with himself provision for the day of his departure, keeping in view his journey, his requirement and the position of his need. He sent ahead of him for the abode of his stay (in the next world). O' creatures of Allah, fear Allah keeping in view the reason why He created you and be afraid of Him to the extent He has advised you to do. Make yourself deserve what He has promised you, by having confidence in the truth of His promise and entertaining fear for the Day of Judgment.

O' creatures of Allah, since the neck is free from the loop, and spirit is also unfettered, now you have time for seeking guidance: you are in ease of body; you can assemble in crowds, the rest of life is before you; you have opportunity of acting by will; there is opportunity for repentance, and peaceful circumstances. (But you should act) before you are overtaken by narrow circumstances and distress, or fear and weakness, before the approach of the awaited death and before seizure by the Almighty, the Powerful.

Your dream is a timely remembrance, a wake up call to seek God and fulfill the purpose of our creation, that is to Worship God alone, to Praise and glorify Him while we're able, and by doing good deeds to please God and warding off evil.

Peace!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by queenofangels_17]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Very interesting, and indeed, i completely agree with you on your explanation of dreams.

If it was the armageddon or what not, there were not technologies involved, just person vs. person fights, whith ofcourse powers from heaven and hell..

It just not was a total chaos like i always pictured the final day would be.
Like there was an earlier war which destroyed all weapons of warfare.

I remember a saying, from a person i dont remember: The final war will be fought with sticks and stones. Well, in my dream that was indeed the case. not litterally ofcourse, but i dont remeber a gun or a tank or a plane or whatever.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think the reason that you saw it is because you're not religious. You don't have "the rules" that say you can't do this and you can't do that. In other words, you listened. Maybe someone else that is religious had the same dream but said "hey, that goes against my religion therefore it is just a dream or evil so I will not pay attention."
If it is more than a dream, and with a track record of 60% chances are good, maybe it is something that is happening now or something before the final battle because Christ's skelton was regenerating not have already regenerated.
But, I also find that most of the time the dream is more personal. You said that you were taking "everything that has happend in the last couple of weeks taken into account." The dream probably was tied more to those weeks than anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join