It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason's dying ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

First the 76 year old Mason shots the other one in the face and now suicide bombers strike the Masonic Lodge in Turkey....

interesting....

What do you think is going on, or is this some type of Karma being paid back or just coincidence ???

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Already got this covered...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-B.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yea I know there was a thread about the ritual, but there was a bombing in Turket today at a Masonic Lodge where two gunmen/ suicide bombers went in a straffed the "resturant" where 40 people were eating then blew themselves up.

I did not see anything about that in either of your two threads that you listed.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Several months ago, a group of Turkish Islamic militants released a statement that they would be attacking "Masonic targets." It is unclear if this group has ties to al-Quada.
Turkey is an Islamic nation, but is a secular democacy like the U.S., Canada, and Britain. Islamic fundamentalists view Freemasonry as a western "contamination" to be abolished in order to establish an Islamic dictatorship.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I was wondering about that. If lodges would a be a possible terrorist attack. I guess my question was answered. Odd that it was such a recent thought through my mind then it happened short after.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

What do you think is going on, or is this some type of Karma being paid back or just coincidence ???

Of course it's a coincidence.
How do you connect an accidental shooting in the USA with a terrorist attack in Turkey?

If someone gets run over by a car outside your house is it always connected to a robbery in China?

Freemasonry has always been targeted by extremists. Why do you think it had to remain so secretive for so long?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Freemasonry has always been targeted by extremists. Why do you think it had to remain so secretive for so long?

Why is the Masonic order being attacked by Islamic Extremists ??? Thats my question.

The Masonic order is not of a paticular faith.. in fact they are said to be against the "church" if this is true then would not an Islamic Extremists see the Masonic Order as an ally against the "western" religions ????

The Mason's are on the fringe of acceptance in society, so why would they be a target of another "fringe" group ???

What statement are the Islamic Extremeists trying to make when the attack the Mason's???

Just seems really odd.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Yea I know there was a thread about the ritual, but there was a bombing in Turket today at a Masonic Lodge where two gunmen/ suicide bombers went in a straffed the "resturant" where 40 people were eating then blew themselves up.

I did not see anything about that in either of your two threads that you listed.

www.atsnn.com...

there it is....

I'm going to write a song about all of the Duplicate posts....

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What statement are the Islamic Extremeists trying to make when the attack the Mason's???

Freemasonry, at least historically, is a symbol of western democracy. The colonial Lodges of the U.S. even considered themselves to be the divinely appointed guardians of freedom, one explanation of the heavy involvement in Masonry by many of America's forefathers.
Similarly, when Freemasonry was introduced into the Ottoman Empire by the Brits, the Turks began assimilating some of those ideals: constitutional government, freedom of religion, etc. The extremists see all this as a threat. They believe that God demands a dictatorship of the clergy to rule the state according to the laws of the Qu'ran. Because of this, they see freedom as being decadent and satanic.
At one time, the Roman Catholic Church also held this opinion as is evidenced by the Inquisition, and the infamous anti-Masonic, anti-liberty papal bull called Humanum Genus, penned by Leo XIII.
It would seem that for all the progress mankind has made in the past three centuries, there's still a long way to go.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah AmeriKKKA, "Land of the Free" .

Apparently this "Democracy" has failed miserably.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

...Freemasonry, at least historically, is a symbol of western democracy...

Fiat Lvx.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm glad I read further down before I started typing. Thanks Hiram, you saved me some finger work

K-Sol

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Apparently this "Democracy" has failed miserably.

I do not believe that democracy has failed us. Actually, I believe the opposite: we, as free citizens, are failing democracy.
In the 2000 elections, less than a quarter of eligible Americans voted. Such apathy among our citenzry baffles me to no end. By not voting, majority America does not make its voice heard, and, in turn, must suffer the consequences.
I believe the Europeans are correct when they state that we are spoiled. We've got better things to do than participate in the democratic process; after all, we might miss "American Idol", or God forbid, be called for jury duty. Most of us take our hard-won freedoms for granted; when that happens, history shows that they usually begin slipping away.

Regardless of whom any of you support, vote in November, make your voice heard, and exercise the right that many in the world would die for. As the 2000 elections have shown us, a single vote can make a difference.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Should I be worried if I found a pair of Mason cufflinks belonging to my dad?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Like voting matters, at least regarding the Presidents who are CHOSEN, as opposed to being elected. The elite control the major media outlets anyway, so if our votes do have any influence on the outcome of an "election"; the people are only voting for who they are brainwashed to vote for.

Originally posted by Hawkeye
Should I be worried if I found a pair of Mason cufflinks belonging to my dad?

Based on that alone, I would say, NO.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Humm It looks like the the secret socities of the world are fighting each other. Al-queda vs. Freemasons..... Interesting

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Humm It looks like the the secret socities of the world are fighting each other. Al-queda vs. Freemasons

I don't think it's quite accurate to say that Freemasons and al-Queda are fighting each other. Masonry is a fraternal, not military order, and has of course not fought against any Islamic militants.
But Freemasonry is seen as a symbol of freedom by the Muslim extremists, and therefore presents a viable target.
I've had the pleasure of conversing with Turkish Masons who have visited the U.S. The majority are of course of the Muslim faith, but are moderate and liberal, unlike the fanatical who use terrorism to advance the cause of their cults.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

IIn the 2000 elections, less than a quarter of eligible Americans voted. Such apathy among our citenzry baffles me to no end. By not voting, majority America does not make its voice heard, and, in turn, must suffer the consequences.

There are two problems with voter participation in the U.S. The first problem is a lot of people just aren't concerned with politics. To them (including my self) there are more important matters at hand. Such as getting laid, getting drunk, & fixing up their ride is more important. To say that you weren�t doing otherwise at my age is either hypocritical or you where an honorary member of the Westchester Chess club. The second reason is that they feel the candidates were selected from the elite. You have a fine example of that this coming election where you have two known bones men running for the presidency. These are the two main reasons for a low voter participation in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The first problem is a lot of people just aren't concerned with politics. To them (including my self) there are more important matters at hand. Such as getting laid, getting drunk, & fixing up their ride is more important. To say that you weren�t doing otherwise at my age is either hypocritical or you where an honorary member of the Westchester Chess club.

When I was a kid, we were also heavy partiers, but we were politically conscious. The Vietnam War was in full gear when I was in high school, and it effected practically everything here at home. Once a year, we took a day off from acid trips, bong tokes, and Beatles and Doors albums in order to cast a ballot. We also organized demonstrations to get our point across, but really didn't take time out from partying for those.

But although we may often feel removed from what goes on in Washington, in reality it effects everything around us.

You have a fine example of that this coming election where you have two known bones men running for the presidency. These are the two main reasons for a low voter participation in the U.S.

I don't think majority America cares that the current top 2 choices belonged to the same frat, but I do agree that there's a problem with elitism. In theory, any citizen can run for president, but in reality one has to have billions of dollars to finance a campaign. The McCain-Kennedy Campaign Finance Reform would have helped, but candidates still are dependent upon special interests for funds, which to a certain degree undermines the democratic process.
A possible solution would be to even the playing field by somehow allowing candidates equal free air time, and banning private campaign advertisement, but this would be tricky to do. The courts have distinguished between soft and hard campaign money, but they may declare a "no personal finance campaign at all" bill unconstitutional. It would, however, give "regular folks" the chance to compete.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

When I was a kid, we were also heavy partiers, but we were politically conscious. :

I'm politically conscious also. But what I see in politics disturbs me. The most common trait with politicians is they give us a bunch of nice fluffy promises like balancing the budget, cough George Bush cough. But rarely do they come through on those promises. I've come to accept that most politicians are either liars or sucky politicians.

I don't think majority America cares that the current top 2 choices belonged to the same frat, candidates still are dependent upon special interests for funds, which to a certain degree undermines the democratic process.

If it was some frat then why when asked If they were members either they left the room or told reporters that they couldn't talk about. I think that this hints that it may not be just some frat.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If it was some frat then why when asked If they were members either they left the room or told reporters that they couldn't talk about. I think that this hints that it may not be just some frat.

Actually, every frat that I'm aware of operates the same way; Skull and Bones is not unique. Standard Greek Letter Societies also operate under an aura of mystery, as do post-collegiate fraternal orders such as Masonry, Elks, Oddfellows, etc.
My college frat used sort of a mysterious outward symbolism like Skull and Bones, and there were also weird rumors and legends. We also had spooky initiation ceremonies, which is "normal" for a frat, which involved, as background music, playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida extremely loud. What this actually does is develop a sense of bonding among the members, establishing a haven where the initiated may co-exist in absolute trust. All frats require oaths of secrecy in order to keep the organization unpolluted from outside hostility; not because a particular frat has something to hide, but because it is a haven from the world at large, and is usually viewed as somewhat sacred due to its emphasis on brotherhood, and the personal experience of it, which the outside world lacks.

Fiat Lvx.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join