It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's end the "marshall law" and martial law debate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, some people here on ATS cannot spell, and most have not read history...

I've said it enough but enough of you aren't listening or you just don't get it. Martial law (not the television program with Arsenio Hall pretending he's Chris Tucker with the fat Jackie Chan, www.imdb.com... ) was declared in 1863, just read here:

www.yale.edu...

So, enough of this talk of "marshall law" or martial law (not the T.V. show). We are under martial law. If anything, a state of emergency will be declared. Let's all change our language. Read more about how this country got where it is. Check out the District of Columbia and Organic Act

www.teamlaw.org...

Check out The Bretton Woods Agreements

www.yale.edu...

The point is, think critically. Do the reading for yourself and quit relying on second-hand information...that is how we all got into this mess. ("We" being the sovereign citizens of this nation, and yes, the lot of us on ATS.)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I didn't realize that there was a debate about it other than a few posts from here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

you are wrong plucky. Stop posting your bad information,
On September 15, 1863, Lincoln imposed Congressionally-authorized martial law. The authorizing act allowed the President to suspend habeas corpus throughout the entire United States. Lincoln imposed the suspension on "prisoners of war, spies, or aiders and abettors of the enemy," as well as on other classes of people, such as draft dodgers. The President's proclamation was challenged in ex parte Milligan (71 US 2 [1866]). The Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's imposition of martial law (by way of suspension of habeas corpus) was unconstitutional.

Pretty sure if the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional that would be it was repealed. Therefor we are not living under martial law anymore.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok plucky, what is it? Are you right or the other poster? I just went through a reality shift as I read your OP and it made sense, but then the post a couple down from you is refuting your words. Which is it?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

He has posted his information on many other threads too. I have disputed this on all and he has yet to reply.. Although I just researched this yesterday and found out he was in fact wrong. So we will see if he actually replies.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

]). The Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's imposition of martial law (by way of suspension of habeas corpus) was unconstitutional.

Pretty sure if the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional that would be it was repealed. Therefor we are not living under martial law anymore.

Tide-
Good insight, star from me......but,....

Wasn't Habeas Corpus suspended AGAIN so they could try all that torture stuff out of all those "terrorists" in Gitmo??
That would be a nice open door for a reinstitution of Martial Law.

new topics

top topics

join