It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphic memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have a memory of an experience at three in my crib room. Two men with hats in 30's style wear having a hushed but heated exchange in regards to me. I was very ill as a child with asthma. My brother saved my life numerous times puffing air into me waiting on the ambulance or fire truck. I remember waking in an oxygen tent on more than one occasion.

My father worked for gm and part time at sohio. He forgot his hat one day and woke me coming up the steps. Kissed me and told me go back to sleep. Your mother is tired.

When I told my Mom about the men...she went ghost white.
Absolutely could be a false memory...but I remember it like yesterday.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Perhaps your mom knows more than she is letting on, and maybe she didnt want to tell you as a kid to keep from scaring you. The men from the 30s could have been ghosts. a three year old would be very likely to see ghosts. Of course, your illness could have brought on "fever dreams" which meld with reality in your mind. I dont think you will ever know for certain, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Most entirely possible Raven. Make no claims on veracity of vision.
Could very well have been a fleeting sicky thing.
It seemed so 'real' though. Very real.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I really wish there were a way to know for certain if a memory is true. Hypnotic regression is not even trustworthy- might come out with "false memories". I saw a movie a couple of years ago starring Robin Williams. I think its called "The Final Cut" or something like that. He played a guy who makes films from brain chip implants of deceased people, as a final memorial. He finds out that he has an implant (these are the kind you buy, not gov't conspiracy type, lol). When he looks into his own chip he realizes that a haunting memory from his childhood was not really what he thought. He had spent his whole life thinking he had done something very wrong. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I won't elaborate. It makes me think of how twisted our perceptions of a past event can become.

spelling edit

[edit on 13-7-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's probably a false memory, your mom may have went ghost white because it made her wonder if it was a real memory that she had no clue about. Then again, I have memories from when I was very young that I know 100% they were real. I guess it depends, if you're second guessing the memory it's probably a false memory.

top topics

join