It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Iraq have actually bombed the U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Iraq is 7,000 miles form the U.S. coastline. An Intercontinental Ballistics Missile can travel over 3,500 miles supposedly, but 7,000 I would think is a stretch. America has the best weapons defense syetems in the world, even if they would have pulled the trigger on their aluminum tubes, there is no possible way a missile with such a lengthy trajectory could have a chance. I could understand if Sadaam planned to strike our allies or close military bases then there would be reason for military troop intervention, but for the United States as a whole to see our country in danger seem's like nonsense to me. Hopefully Iran doesn't pose the same "terror" threat. I support the troops.
What do you think?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It depends what you mean by bomb. As you describe it, you're thinking could Iraq launch a missile from it's soil that would reach US soil. I think it's pretty clear that Iraq was incapable of launching a missile from Iraq that would have reached US soil. If they could, and Saddam is the killer we are lead to believe, would he not have launched it during the initial stage of the invasion?

Furthermore, during the first Gulf war in the early 90's, Iraq was launching scuds at Israel with a fairly low success rate, and since the defeat in that war, their missile capability was significantly reduced further, hence no WMDs, not even Scuds anymore. They were a sitting duck. It's like shooting a guy who doesn't even have a gun. How were they any threat what-so-ever?!

However, in terms of bombing meaning "attack" US soil in any way, then yeah, theoretically they could have been active in terrorist or cell activity within the US. Were they though? In my opinion, very, very, very unlikely. In fact since the invasion, the threat level of cell or retalliatory activity from within the US by Iraqi citizens has increased in my opinion, since they should rightly be very pis*ed off over why we attacked them anyway.

join