It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious shoulder tapping??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is it just me? or has anyone else out there felt a "tap" on their shoulder, only to turn around and find no one there? For me, it's usually a single tap that lasts a second, enough for me to turn around and feel stupid in seeing that there's no one there... or is there?

I recall moving into my step-dad's dead aunt's house in the 7th grade, and we were all downstairs. My mom thought i tapped her shoulder because i was behind her, but i was 10 feet behind her! No one was near her! She swore she felt something... I've had it happen a few times since then, but lately the last few weeks, i've gotten like 4 taps - 3 on my left shoulder, one on my right.

This morning, my buddy just informed me his friend passed away about a month ago, and he's been seeing stuff in his peripheral vision the last few weeks. i doubt it's related to my experience, but who knows.

I just thought i'd share this simple phenomena with everyone, and see what some mature minds have to say about it. I'm very new to this site, but am an avid truth-seeker trying to shuffle through all the BS for the real deal. Thanks everyone - lovin' the site so far!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

No, of course it's not just you.
I have heard about such occurrences from various people whose integrity (and common sense) I have no reason to doubt.

My mother, for example, told me that many years ago when she was alone at home, in the kitchen, she suddenly felt a hand - a warm hand - on her shoulder. She turned around - startled, because she thought she was alone at home - but nobody was there.

Furthermore, she said the hand, the grip felt exactly like her mother's hand - which she would, of course, be very familiar with.
At the time, her mother had been dead for many years.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Apparently it is a common occurence:

I had just settled into bed for the night, when I thought I heard someone (or something) walking across the carpet in my bedroom. The carpet was so plush you could tell when someone came into the room. I didn't think much about it and continued drifting off to sleep. When all of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder! I turned over expecting to see my mother, but there was no one there! At first I was terrified, but then I calmed down a bit. I put my head under my covers and went to sleep with no more problems that night.

I told my brother about it and he said he had also felt a tap on his shoulder one night.

Ah, but it gets even more interesting...

Other strange happenings had happened in that house, but what convinced me that there was a spirit there was when my brother had done something called channel writing. He would start talking to the spirit and start writing what the spirit said. The spirit told him that he had come from New York and had been there since 1985. He also told my brother that if he would denounce Jesus Christ he would make him a rich man. It didn't take my brother long to stop doing that.

www.castleofspirits.com...

To my best understanding, a tap on the shoulder is a multi-national way of saying "hey". To see nothing there afterwards seems to want to provoke things such as: fear, confusion, and wonderment about the spiritual realm. For something to cause fear and confusion is not typically a 'good sign'. Spiritual recognition though I think is very important. It means you're on the fringes of discovering that there is existence beyond the human realm. Things I would not do with it is 1.) Play around with it 2.) Welcome it as a friend/ally without knowing what it is 3.) Provoke it by challenging it. If you haven't previously considered God and demonic possibilities, I think now would be a fitting time. Per above, one person's experience revealed something they should not have toyed with.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I used to get punched in the back by something from time to time in the past. Hasn't happened recently, more recently it's more like I'm getting kissed by something.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Not shoulder but the bottom of my feet while sleeping.I always figured I was dreaming.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think this may have happened to me once in the year 2000. It was enough to make me a little bit uneasy, but I just shrugged it off.

As a child, though, I'd be sleeping and then I'd hear the sound of someone approaching me fast and then I'd get what felt like a punch in the head or some sort of impact to my head. I dunno what it was, but I would always shrug it off as nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Iused to get it reguarly but not just on shoulder i got it on the back of the feet ,back of my thighs sometimes on front and on shoulder yes

but its nearly stopped now i dont get it as much i wonder if it means anything like a warning of something or if they the spirits want to tell us something.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I feel warm hands on me all the time. But of course, sometimes I imagine it's just some energy coming from the blocking of nerves in some part, that is making all the heat go to one single area of my body. Like the blood is building up in that location because it has nowhere else to escape to.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

that's very well possible, and i'm sure that can contribute to what i'm talking about! however, who knows?! lol

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I've felt the same thing on my left shoulder. I tried to debunk it and couldn't. It felt very real. Oddly enough it happened when I was looking at Area 51 photos. It was very strange. It actually felt just like someone put their hand on my shoulder. No different.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

precisely what i am talking about! i've had that too, except i can't recall what i was looking at or thinking.

but now as i'm typing this, my right ear slightly stopped up... anyone had that happen??? like you need to pop your ears? it seems to happen when i'm thinking of something very significant, no joke!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
just seeing if anyone's felt anything like this lately.. i had it happen about a week ago but didn't think too much of it.

top topics

join