It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Will Not Declare Martial Law, The USA Economy Will Not Completly Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! A post that does not predict doom and gloom! *Checks web address* Why - ITS ON ABOVETOPSECRET! This is surely a sign of the end.

Its like the twilight zone. No worries though, the doom and gloom prophets will soon show up to tell you how your wrong and the end is nigh. They are to busy propagandizing in other threads at the moment, give them a little bit.

The funny thing is the OP has as much support for his theories as do all the "OMG THE ECONOMY IS DOOMED/ITS THE END/INSERT APOCALYPTIC THEORY HERE" threads do. But this one won't get near as much attention. Because being a doom and gloomer is far more sexier than being a realist.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
reply to post by tide88

LOL!

#2 is already a done deal, friend.
You just don't seem to know it yet.

Tomorrow, the market will probably lose about 500 points on the INDY BANK crash and the bail out of FANNIE and FREDDIE.

Lock n Load brother!

Funny. There have been 3,500 other bank failures that have occurred since the FDIC came into existence. None have caused the doom and gloom your praying for. I wonder why?

The market may drop 500 points because of people like you pumping up the hysteria - but who really cares? Since when was the DOW the thermometer for anything other than investor hysteria or euphoria?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

To tell you the truth I am suprised I have received this much support. It is good to know there are people on this side of the fence that come here and post. I was starting to think I was the only one.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No complete doom and gloom??

Thats just not allowed.

You didn't bash Bush or the US, what's the matter with you?

You mean the world is not coming to an end, damn.

Guess I better start paying my bills again.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Okay, gotta bring this up...

I can't stand the UFO theories, Bush reptilian alien crap either...

But...let's say it's September 10, 2001. If someone said that two passenger airliners would crash into the World Trade Center, resulting in its complete demolition (debate, I know...), I'd probably think they were crazy.

But then it happened, and on a beautiful day too. And then, the Patriot Act happened...And now, Iran is happening. Why are we even messing with Iran in the first place? What happened to Osama Bin Laden? Isn't he the reason we're over there in the first place?

Sept. 11 showed me that anything can happen, and that there's more on the way. I'm not sure what it is, or when it will happen, as it's impossible to predict anything. I just think Sept. 11 was the start of a much bigger plan...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This thread is clearly disinformation brought to us by the US government. I mean, come on, your ideas are completely absurd. You actually think that all 300 million of us WON'T be thrown in concentration camps!?? Ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If you predict something and it doesnt come true you are banned.

Well here goes, and I hope I don't get banned!

My predictions:

1. Tomorrow will never come
2. The Sun will rise in the East on 21 July 2008
3. All people who do not understand English will not be able to read, write, or listen to anything that is in English until they learn English.
4. A child will be born somewhere in the world in the next 4 minutes.
5. The rock band KISS will never release a US No. 1 Album of new material ever again!

Now I know what some of you are thinking...here is just another crazy crackpot with screwy ideas and predictions.

But before you write me off, just wait and see...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO

Sounds good in theory but had it ever occurred to you that some of the things (less impressive than the end of the world) have not taken place because the light has been shined on those who would carry it out? Just a thought.

You make a very good point. Take Isaiah. He told the king and the people what would happen if they continued on their path. Part of the purpose of Biblical prophecy was to make sure that it didn't happen. Prophets, rather than fortune tellers, are more like futurists. They warn us about the errors of our current path. They don't do that to be right, they do it to encourage us to change. In fact, you might say that a prophet is most effective when the prophecy doesn't come true.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
1. Whether we are living under Martial Law now or not is irrelevant, the fact is, it was declared and never repealed and therefor our Constitutional Rights are merely extended to us as a means of pacification.

2. The U.S. banking system cannot stand in its current form forever. It might not collapse soon, but it will collapse.

3. An Amero 20 years from now is still an Amero, and even the former President of Mexico has said on national T.V. that "There will be an Amero."

4. If nobody is to be put in them, why were they built?

5. I doubt anything will happen on that date, but if it does, I think it will be a self-fullfilling prophecy. In other words, so many people will believe that something will happen that they will make it happen.

At any rate, it's nice to see some positive predictions on ATS, and I think your predictions are more sound than "George Bush is a Reptillian shape-shifter from Planet X sent here to conquer us before Nibiru arrives and the Nephilim come in their flying saucers piloted by the Greys."

I really think that most of us will do just fine in the long run, whether poo hits the fan or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey all and great thread OP. It's great to see all this optimism but I don't think we should get too comfortable just yet.

If I see huge dark gray storm clouds peering over the horizon, predicting thunder and lightning wouldn't be a long shot would it???

I'm not saying that the world will end in 2012. I know little of the Mayan prophecies and planet X. I have an open mind but I am not buying into any of that stuff just yet. The US govt created a reason to go to war (911) and a boogeyman (bin laden) to hunt down.

Osama Bin Laden is dead. The tape of him admitting to 911 was not him.
The war on terror is a hoax. They will continue their occupation of the middle east for decades to come, all under the guise of hunting down 'TERRORISTS' which don't even exist. Masterful plan really.

Their long term plans tell me there will be no doom and gloom looming for a while yet. At least not of the cataclysmic kind.

The Economic problems however seem to be very real. I'm not a prophet but I predict that the US economy will go into a 'coma' and they will say, "If we join with Canada and Mexico and create the Amero we can avoid situations like this in the future." Same way the Federal Reserve system was introduced.

PS. If you want to hear a good prophecy, youtube 'The Prophecy' by Immortal Technique.

Peace

[edit on 14/7/08 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rgrthat

Of course they won't throw 300 million in the camps, they won't need to. If something big does go down in the USA there won't be mass panic and pandemonium. The Media will keep the sheeple calm, while the million or so who are scattered sporadically and prepared to fight for the freedoms the forefathers bled and died for will be deemed enemy's of the state and rounded up by specifically trained and brainwashed soldiers, IMO.

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Great post matt I agree 99%, I didn't know that the Mexican said that on live TV! I wonder when and how the switch up will take place??? interesting times.

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I disagree.

I have a person I know that works in New york at the federal reserve. They are working on how to keep the U.S afloat.

It looks like somthing very serious will happen to our economy.

the banks lost assets because investors pulled out hearing rumors Iran will be attacked. Now to me it looks like the work of builder burg.
I don't know if your prediction is true or not. I hope it is. To me I still do bealive about one world order. If you still think I am nuts.

All I ask is can you answer my question??? ok Why is GM and big corps of the U.S like microsoft, intel ect ect . Why are they outsorcing jobs and going over seas. They are transering money and assets slowly. Now Gm and many other corps stock went down to a dangerious low.

So really tell me why the companies are slowly moving out of the U.S and the U.S gov is allowing this??

I don't bealive that it's because of cheap laber and they can hire cheaper. This is not true due to hearing and see jobs in dubi that pay good.

It's too fishy for me. I just hope your right else we would be doomed and yet only us on ats and other conspairacy knew about our doom ahead of time and yet did nothing becuse we weren't sure of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Anything is possible but what part of anything is likely to happen. I spent the first through sixth grades with all of the other kids in the school with our knees pulled up to our chins, in what was called an atomic bomb drill. Actually while in the second grade it became a disaster drill when a tornado zig zagged through the city. People were freaking over the Sputnik launching, The Cuban Missile Crisis, the yellow hoards attacking from China and then Vietnam. I cant even remember what is was that scared me into buying acreage in a desolate setting. I figured out later that it is situated in a manner that if there was a nuclear war, I'd have no chance to avoid the fallout from two or three strategic targets. Gosh I forgot about Y2K. I also did the combat thing in 68 and 69 and I'm not missing any parts, though I'll have to take pain medication till I die. When I finally accepted that there is virtually no hope what so ever for the human species I realized that a saying commonly heard after and before extreme situations in Vietnam, was to be my mantra. IT DON"T MEAN NOTHING. I am as happy with my abandonment of faith, as I suppose theist are in they're belief system. I Think everything is going to be fine.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Whats a Marshall Law? Sorry for one liner. Just curious by asking.

Ever play Tekken?

I can out jackass anyone on this site.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
actually, ats got the bank runs right. Thread dated last tuesday called it out and i had seen it posted before that.

If our banking system doesent collapse, it will be a statistical anamoly on par with a miracle. I'm hoping it doesent, but mathmaticaly its is doomed.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. I have more confidence in this thread than any other gloom-and-doom politics thread brainwashed into paranoid people's heads by the MSM. I think people like being miserable and that's why all this gloom-and-doom is so common these days. For Obama to have so much support, there must be a growing majority of Americans that love being overtaxed, underpaid, underappreciated, poor and miserable.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

ATS didn't get "bank runs" right. No one ever pointed out which bank would fail. There are thousands of banks in the USA, and many of them screwed themselves over by getting suckers and idiots to get in over their heads with mortgages. You mean to tell me that if someone comes on these boards and says "there's going to be a bank run" and 2 banks out of 10,000 see some type of "bank run," it's gospel? Please. There were incredibly broad generalizations that are guaranteed to happen over a long period of time thanks to the law of averages alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Are you sure it is not the bursitis?

Im listening to Alex Jones right now, Im freaking out!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
actually, ats got the bank runs right. Thread dated last tuesday called it out and i had seen it posted before that.

If our banking system doesent collapse, it will be a statistical anamoly on par with a miracle. I'm hoping it doesent, but mathmaticaly its is doomed.

Wait..what bank runs? There have been no bank runs. The media has attempted to create bank runs, and so far they have failed. Anyone predicting one was wrong. Of course that is the track record for ATS doom and gloom predictions: 100% wrong.

If you meant bank failures, there have been over 3,500 bank failures since the FDIC began operations and started recording them. Predicting banks will fail is like predicting the sun will rise - its not exactly a leap of faith. Banks fail all the time, its just gets more attention now because the media is pumping up doom and gloom, and ATS members are loyally following in lock step with the media doom and gloom hysteria.

If our banking system collapsed due to bank failures, it would be a statistical anomaly. Bank failures are the norm, not the aberration.

I hate to join the other reasonable thinking members in bearing the bad news to the ATS doom and gloomers, but the end is not nigh due to current economic conditions.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join