It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Will Not Declare Martial Law, The USA Economy Will Not Completly Collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Thanks for sticking to the subject and the reply. I hope you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

You speak for plucky now? What underwear should I wear tomorrow? Well, I got news for you, I am not wearing any, today nor tomorrow. So before you speak for me, check your own skivvies.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Oh I get it plucky. You must be one of the many whos predictions never come true. Sorry to spoil your BS party.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Of course will not. Russian Central Bank just put 100BN into US market to prevent collapse at expense of children dying without medical help in hundreds of Russian cities.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahasvin
Of course will not. Russian Central Bank just put 100BN into US market to prevent collapse at expense of children dying without medical help in hundreds of Russian cities.

Not saying I don't believe you, but do you have a source? And you are right other nations would not let the USA economy collapse. They would lose Billions.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What's this? Optimism on ATS?

No, it's nice to see a thread on the front page (as of right now) with a slightly more optimistic view. You know, it's strange that when I come on ATS, it kind of brings me down (I'm not blaming anyone, as I could just as soon stop lurking around here at my own will) and I see all these people just HOPING for the end of the world, or some sort of "enlightenment" from some sort of source other than a "religion", because those are just there to control us, right? (Slight sarcasm) No, people need to make life as good as they can. Do people think reading all this negative (although may be true) on here will make their life better? Sure, there are bits here and there with eye opening truth, but for the most part, it's negative and depressing.

I don't want anyone to take offence to this, and I am not directing it to anyone here other than people I have witnessed it happen to in my own life, but it never ceases to amaze me how people that partied all during high school, drank, did drugs, and slept around, are now the ones working at what they call their "miserable" day jobs, stuck in the rut, in debt with the bank, and no hopes as their limited education can only provide for them their single (or multiple) manufacturing job they had and will have for the rest of their lives. Do they ever stop to wonder why? They never did an effort to get post secondary, (although yes, there are circumstances where that option is unavailable, and in which case, they cannot be blamed) and now what are they doing with their lives?

My point: People seem to be lazy, they hope for some sort of change. They want the change, but they won't do it themselves. Just look at some threads here, where people are hoping for aliens to bring us enlightenment and peace on December 21st, 2012, etc. In my own opinion, this won't happen. People need to do an effort to make their lives matter.

In conclusion, thankyou to the OP, for making a thread (although short yet sweet) that included some degree of optimism. It's a nice change here on ATS. Nice to see someone that isn't relying on someone else for redemption from this "horrible earth".

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

LOL!

#2 is already a done deal, friend.
You just don't seem to know it yet.

Tomorrow, the market will probably lose about 500 points on the INDY BANK crash and the bail out of FANNIE and FREDDIE.

Lock n Load brother!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I agree most of the crap on this is site is getting ridiculous.....

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
reply to post by tide88

LOL!

#2 is already a done deal, friend.
You just don't seem to know it yet.

Tomorrow, the market will probably lose about 500 points on the INDY BANK crash and the bail out of FANNIE and FREDDIE.

Lock n Load brother!

another prediction that will be wrong. If the market loses 500 points tomorrow i will stop posting. Now if it was bank of america, wachovia, 5/3, regions i would worry. But Indy Mac. I never even heard if it until today. Of course some banks are not going to make it. You remeber when the tech bubble burst. The weak tech companies went bankrupt the strong survived. It wasnt the end of the world. Neither will this.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie

For all of those that think that the "crap" on this site is ridiculous;
Why are you even here. It is a Conspiracy site after all. What do
you want to discuss, gardening or needlepoint.

Don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on your way out.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but there are some of us that did all of the things that you stated such as party etc. and came out of it just fine. Best not to judge everyone by their extracurricular activities.

As for the OP, I really hope you're right, and I agree coming on this site can be quite depressing sometimes, downright scary if you believe even half of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All I can say is I hope your right! I really, really hope your right!

I tend to lean to the other side of the spectrum, but if this were true. Maybe ATS can give you one of those little subject matter expert sigs. Except yours would be Resident oracle, prophet, seer, something like that.

Flagged by the way

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie

For all of those that think that the "crap" on this site is ridiculous;
Why are you even here. It is a Conspiracy site after all. What do
you want to discuss, gardening or needlepoint.

Don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on your way out.

dinosaurs went extinct because humans went back in time and ate them

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I had to star you on this one. I agree with the OP in people jumping to conclusions too quickly here on ATS. But, what is so attractive about ATS is you have the more knowledgeable come in and give their more sourced and informed opinion to counter those who make the "off the wall" claims.

Obviously some of the more outlandish threads are here just to garner attention, but some have valid concerns with real fear attached to them.

And even though they may not come true, they still serve a purpose.

But overall, I agree with the OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but there are some of us that did all of the things that you stated such as party etc. and came out of it just fine. Best not to judge everyone by their extracurricular activities.

Well, I am (honestly) really glad to hear that you are doing good, regardless of what kind of life you had, justified and right or not. I wasn't trying to say that everyone ends up in a mess because of these things, (and I would be wrong if that were the case) but from what I've seen, most of the time, it doesn't turn out for the best. I see people who fall in love in highschool, have sex, have a child before they even have a full time job, so after grade 12, they go and work at some manufacturing job, get married, and are stuck in this small town for the rest of their lives. They complain about taxes, their union, and rising prices, but really, they (somehow) have brought it upon themselves. I believe in working and then pleasure, not the other way around.

How this pertains to this thread? (once again) It's the optimistic view that you have, and I really hope your right. Lots of people need to adapt this view, filter out the negative, and consider the truth. Learn from what has been done wrong, and work together to make things better, but I must be thinking of fantasy land, but I must be contradicting myself seen in the negativity of my overall post.

A star and flag for your optimism, sir.

[edit on 053131p://000 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Martial law is suppose to be a temporary rule by military authorities, imposed on a civilian population. It can be declared in time of war or when civil authority has broken down or in the case of a natural diaster.

It's my understanding that when Martial Law is declared the Federal Government can step in and just take over by sending in federal troops and National Guard.

During Hurricane Katrina armed contractors from Blackwater USA (Google that one folks - this is scary reading) assisted in policing the city.

I don't know if I've just awaken from a life long slumber or things have drastically changed, but America is no longer the same country I remember it as.

Naomi Wolf in her newest book, "The End of America" talks at length about this subject. Very interesting and scary reading.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

One moment, sir. Recalling the source.
"Стоит отметить, что в облигации Fannie Mae и Freddie Mac также вложена часть российских резервов. Центробанк России к 1 января 2008 года инвестировал 100,8 миллиарда долларов (примерно 21 процент) из золотовалютных резервов страны в ценные бумаги Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, а также Federal Home Loan Banks."
lenta.ru...
Run it through Google Translate if you cant manage Russian.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Its spelled, "MARTIAL LAW" not marshal law. It is citizens being policed by military / checkpoints / Think NAZI Germany, "papers please!"

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
what really is martial law?

I mean is there an actual law that lets president do that?

i dont think it exists and I am an american and know what freedom is. Our country is built on the constitution and the bible and he words martial law are not in those sacred documents. McCain is a christian and supports freedom so it will not happen under him since he is a true american hero who will fight the axis of evil everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey... that doesn't seem fair. If he were to declare martial law, this site would get shut down, and NO one would be able to post here any more. I demand you put something more costly on the table mister! It's a win-win situation for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join