It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is not having children the answer to survival?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hear a lot of my friends saying that with what they know about the world and coming events like the NWO, 2012, and FEMA camps etc. that they have decided not to have kids of their own as they don’t want to bring kids into a world like that. But, surely that is the opposite of what people should be doping?

Think about it, at all times in history things were probably pretty bad for most of the population, but if they had decided to stop breeding and let the elite breed then the NWO types would out number the population of people who are free thinkers. People should have more children because of the coming times ahead, not less. Teach them the truth, teach them to survive! Teach them to build the new world against the NWO. Not having kids means when you go the only generations left to breed will be the NWO elite. Or is that exactly what they want and they have created the world you live in now to make you not want to have kids of your own?

So, are you going to have kids or not? Breed more, not less.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is nothing new. Each generation probably asks the same questions and each generation 'generates' a new bogey man - one at present is NWO, 2012, etc etc

In my day it was the millenium .... it came, it passed, nothing happened.

We are still here, the earth is still revolving, there has been no WW3. If we could get through the Cold War unscathed I am damm sure we can get through the next 50 years unscathed.

If you want to live in fear and let fear rule you, then thats a problem you need to sort out ....... me, I am off down the pub for a pint.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I'm not fearful of the NWO,
I'm saying some of my friends are, and you read about it too. That is why they don't want to have kids to survive.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
do not perpetuate what isn't worth perpetuating.

or so the motto goes. being a survivalist more often than not means being distrustful of society, for obvious reasons and since you can't go it alone and since society will eventually claim your children anyway, not having any is a logical consequence of the mindset, isn't it?

have you ever viewed the issue from a different angle?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

If you are talking about personal survival, then there is no doubt in my mind that for many, perhaps most, people not having children definitely eases survival: you are infinitely less vulnerable emotionally.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
(hi all, this is my first post here.)

I have 3 kids and they are the reason I do the things I do.
my kids are my responsibility, not the .gov's
feed
clothe
educate
Instill a good moral compass by example.

Sure "surviving" by myself would be a lot easier, But I would have nothing to survive for.

besides 3 extra sets of eyes and trigger fingers never hurt.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree that having children are the key to long term survival in many cases, however in some cases not.

However you should only have kids if you can afford them and have the means both material and mentally to be able to deal with them. I understand there are those "oops" pregnancies when you aren't quite ready and I know that in those situations you need to go with the flow but you shouldn't "plan" to have kids for "survival" means unless you know you can take care of them.

But our children are the hope for the future. We need to have children and try our best to teach them better so that they can help change the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Personally, I’m happy not to have children to worry about in the upcoming days, but if I manage to survive, I’ll be doing my part to be fruitful and multiply.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I think it would be better if only the elite had children, and all us normal folk die out. Let them rule themselves. See, after a while, power needs an underling to be powerful, and they would cast out some of their very own to retain that power. Let's face it, when everyone's powerful, no one's powerful, that's why we have rank and status.

If the information is right, the people in charge have been in charge for quite some time, and it's obvious they're a few hundred steps ahead of the rest of the world, I do not think we bringing more people into the world and training and educating them will cause their downfall. And if we do decide to do this...the population WILL be controlled, as it is being now.

"The good will always prevail." These days, I have a hard time believing that anymore. It's as if that statement was made by the elite. Thinking about it, to say that, is to say good, by default is more powerful than evil, which is nonsense when you think about it. The smart will always prevail. In other words, being good and stupid will not overcome or overpower an evil genius.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I am asking myself this question.

My body is screaming at me to reproduce but my mind seems to be saying the opposite.

If I thought only with my mind I'd forgo having children, The current climate is just too unstable ( Though hasn't it always been? ).

Alas the biological clock is ringing incessantly and is hard to ignore, it's a struggle everyday not to give in.

To be honest I worry what kind of world my potential offspring will be in.

But then again I think every parent throughout history has worried about that. *shrugs*

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have never had the desire or inclination to be a parent, therefore I have no children ..... well none that I know of

None of this is due to what I perceive of the world or its possible future but a sort of selfishness on my part - I like what I have, I like my lifestyle and my ability to do anything I damm well please without having children holding me back, both in time and money. Having a cat is bad enough

I have sort of 'inherited' some 'grandchildren' and I do have a nephew and I do take an interest in what they are doing but from a step-backed view.

[edit on 16/7/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
But surely part of survival is rebuilding a society? And that requires children.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There is always the SHARED responsibility towards kids for those who like them but don't want their own.

I know it sounds like a "commune" kind of attitude, but kids these days are going to have to be stronger than we were as kids. They need all the help they can get...and I don't mean "freebies"....all the "things" that parents want for their children that they never had themselves at their age.

They need rolemodels. Why have just one or two parents?

Are we not ALL parents to a multitude of "babies" of varying ages from infant to adult and old to infirmed?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Not having kids is never the answer. There is no way to stop your life and "Be Ready". You need to balance what could or will happen with the here and now. Living your life everyday with the thought that tommorow is the "test" or end is only going to make you unhappy. One of the main componants to survival is the reason you are trying above all to survive. If you have no love or no family or anything then when it gets tough or insane what would keep you from trowing in the towel and stopping. Soliders at war will indure because of the though in the back of the minds that they will someday go home. Being disconnected and aleawys "On" and ready to move will only over time dull the edge you have worked to hone.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Well currently.....

Not having kids would give you the edge to survive in a crisis....

But I do get your point. Having more potential rebels against the system would be a good thing. But as of now, I would guess it would be a bad idea to have kids. If a coming event showers the world with chaos, you might need to go back to the wild to survive, no joke..... So having kids would be extra mouths to feed, not to mention the potential energy sapping emotional baggage of a death of a child. So no, I would never bring a child into this world, so uncertain of a quality future....

You make a valid point, but the timing isn't right to have kids. Once the dust settles and an optimistic future arises then would be the time to bring a life into the world.

Excellent thread!

[edit on 2-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I see it the opposite. I am trying to raise a normal, respectful, intelligent and very well rounded child to combat the onslaught.

top topics

join