It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon Interview Phase One : Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Later today I am having over a couple of Mormon people. Not just anyone, but these folks were born into the Mormon religion and they are lifers. I spoke to them last week and asked them if they were willing to do an interview with me, (for the podcast) for the folks at ATS. They said yes, no problem. They are young adults and extremely well informed.

So what I have decided to do is put up this post for all interested in knowing more. I want to know what would you want to know from these people. What are your questions? What don't you understand that you would like know? What information are you lacking to understand the Mormon faith?

So please post your questions. You may comment if you want but they won't be reading this, I will. So please be direct and clear so I may be concise in the questions that I ask them during the interview. Remember, questions like "Why do you believe what you believe?" will probably get the same answer as anyone else would answer. Which would be obvious if you follow any religious organization.

I am looking forward to this interview, as I have known these people for some time now. Extremely friendly, smart, and more than willing to help you understand where they are coming from.

With that fire away...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

so I may be concise in the questions that I ask them during the interview.

What is the significance of the Salamander in your religion?
Have you looked into the Salamander controversy?
If you have looked into the Salamander, has it done anything to shake your faith in Joseph Smith?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you somehow aquired the power of your God would you use it to stop all the pain & suffering in the world or would you stand by and let it carry on as it would be Gods will ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How has the words of wisdom enhanced their life?

please explain the warm feeling in the bosom, and the still small voice?

Please give an example of the still small voice.

What is it that the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints specifically does not speak out against other churches?

What are the challenges socially that has been encountered throughout your life by being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints?

What supported your decision to go on a mission?

What did you experience on your mission?

What were the challenges, the inspiring stories, what physically did you encounter that supported your decision to takes those two years out of your life to do works?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Unless you're referring to something I've never heard of, the "Salamander Letter" was a proven forgery by Mark Hoffman back in the 80s.

I'm a lifelong member of the Mormon church, as well, so I don't really need to ask any questions about it, but I am curious if you could perhaps ask your friends how familiar they are with church history. I don't know if it's just the people I know, but it seems like a lot of Mormons don't know much beyond the bare basics of our own history.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Unless you're referring to something I've never heard of, the "Salamander Letter" was a proven forgery by Mark Hoffman back in the 80s.

I guess I haven't been interested in any of that stuff, since the eighties.
Alright, I guess I should withdraw those questions if they have ceased to be of any interest, apparently, having been long ago settled.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Mormons pray for the dead to be saved. when someone is dead they pray for salvation for him. I believe mormons actual believe that praying for this person will save them. Jesus teaches that let the dead bury the dead. No where in scripture does it say pray for the dead to be saved. My question is why practice somethin not in the bible.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
id ask how familiar they are with the counterparts that exist between Mormonism and Masonry.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Yeah, even critics of the Mormon church will admit those were fakes. The guy who made them was trying to get some easy money and make a name for himself as a finder of collector's items. People got suspicious when he started to make way too many finds of huge significance, or would have been huge, if they were real. He went undetected for quite awhile both because he was good at forgery and because since he was in the business of selling such things, he actually dealt in real items, as well.

slymattb: I have a pretty good idea how that one's going to be answered :p I'll leave it for Zaimless's friends, though, so that they actually have an interview!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just a quick reply, but the guy who faked the papers he is currently in prison cause he forged a whole lot of goverment papers too and they caught him. So I guess it doesn't matter who you are, crime does not pay....

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Yeah, even critics of the Mormon church will admit those were fakes. The guy who made them was trying to get some easy money and make a name for himself as a finder of collector's items. People got suspicious when he started to make way too many finds of huge significance, or would have been huge, if they were real. He went undetected for quite awhile both because he was good at forgery and because since he was in the business of selling such things, he actually dealt in real items, as well.

slymattb: I have a pretty good idea how that one's going to be answered :p I'll leave it for Zaimless's friends, though, so that they actually have an interview!

new topics

top topics

join