It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mediterranean Union is launched

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
God I hope this "global conspiracy" schtick turns out to be real, and succeeds in the most wildly improbable way.

It'd be nice to see the world in a state of peace for once, and to give the conspiracy nutters something to shut the hell up about.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by C.C.Benjamin]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is strange...

This is going to likely be an defunct orginization in a few years...

AND if Isreal is in it... i doubt ANY Muslim countries would join...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry to much about this so called ''Club Med'' ..... its just a paper exercise.

Most of the North African countries have disputes between themselves. They also will not like their former colonial masters interfereing too much again. They cant even agree on where the HQ should be, though I think Tunisia is the likely choice.

As for the EU controlling the Med, we already do.

This will fizzle out in a few months time.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What if:
The MU, is actually a very European coup.
What if in creating a Mediterranean Union, Europe want to consolidate enough recourses to counter China and Russia.

What about this for a conspiracy…

Kacou.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
What if:
What if in creating a Mediterranean Union, Europe want to consolidate enough recourses to counter China and Russia.

Kacou.

Well apart from Libya and its oil, the North African countries have very little to offer the EU except perhaps some Olive Groves and nice sandy beaches.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It will not be called that when it comes about.

The United Nations would be reformed and an international free trade deal will be agreed i.e a world executive.

European and Mediterranean Union is just about increasing the power of Europe, but the experiment will be to see if this model could be transferred to the Americas.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I think you don’t know much about the resources of the north African country.
Google Algeria for resources you will be surprise to find that this country is been exporting natural gas and oil to EU in a big way .
The other thing is, the human factor. The north African countries have the largest under 30 years old population and this is for Europe an untapped labor resource. At the time where no one is making any baby in Europe and no one want to send his boys and daughters to clean the toilet , I think all this aspect make sense why Europe is doing this with the north African countries.
And further more, as the senior citizen is growing in number in Europe , who is going to work if they don’t have any grand child.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The point of this so-called union is to integrate North African countries in a Europe like union, since they are not countries from Europe but from Africa, this is the easiest way to get them on your side. Which basicly means more power to those guys, who came up with the idea of this union. And of course, if you look closely, most of these countries are ex-french colonies, so of course the french president is eager to have them in his little empire - I mean union - once again.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

I don't think it is to difficult to see this is one more step tword a globalist regime. There has been talk of the North American Union, and that one will probably be next. I am all for peace, but it just seems to me this is being done more to keep a few in power in control of an even larger chunk of the world.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Whatever the deeper motivs are or great plan, it is obvious that in the workings it is a better way to create balance and peace in the Middel East than the neocon way.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
What if:

Kacou.

That is not a conspiracy, that is a good businessplan. But IMO that is the same. Conspiracy always gets this negative note, but it is just old fashioned business. Transparancy will be new business word I hope.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oh, well. United Federation of Planets, here we come!

After the requisite WWIII, of course.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

But Trans Atlantic Union, TAU has a catchy Sci Fi ring to it.
Oh well, I guess we could just have an Atlantic Union.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by infinite

But Trans Atlantic Union, TAU has a catchy Sci Fi ring to it.
Oh well, I guess we could just have an Atlantic Union.

That was mooted once upon a time - US, UK and Canada. But old Ted Heath took the UK into the EU ....... the git!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Maybe I dont, I was just going from the top of my head. But Club Med still wont be a viable option at the end of the day ........ its all wind and piss ...... especially if the French are involved.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Everyone knows of Religion sayings, mainly themed NEW WORLD ORDER, to end it all, but take religion out of the question altogether, and maybe its just us, and if we all united for one main goal to better humanity for all and become smarter and explorers. I'd say that would definetaly be something i want

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I like the sound of that TransAtlantic Union...

But, we have to realise, that these union are being made to 'emulate' the US.

So, the US isn't likely to join any unions...

Its possibly that over the next 100 years, the political worlds could merge into 4-6 'union states' that would have the power to Challenge the United States.

Im THinking:
The United States(and cannada)
Europe
South Asia Block
Russia and other former soviet states
Africa
South America

just a random thought...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Tkain
actually the north american union has been under discushen for quite some time. It is to include U.S. Canada, and Mexico.

The North American Union (NAU) is a theoretical regional union of Canada, Mexico and the United States similar in structure to the European Union, sometimes including a common currency called the Amero. Officials from all three nations have said there are no government plans to create such a union.[1] The formation of a North American Union has been the subject of various conspiracy theories.[2][3][4][5]
wiki

[edit on 14-7-2008 by RedGolem]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join