It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mediterranean Union is launched

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Mediterranean Union is launched

news.bbc.co.uk

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has launched a new international body with 43 member nations aimed at ending conflict in the Middle East.

The Union for the Mediterranean will tackle issues such as regional unrest, immigration to pollution.

At the summit's opening in Paris, Mr Sarkozy said its aim was to ensure the region's people could love each other instead of making war.

Israeli and Palestinian leaders earlier expressed optimism about peace talks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.euronews.net

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't think it is to difficult to see this is one more step tword a globalist regime. There has been talk of the North American Union, and that one will probably be next. I am all for peace, but it just seems to me this is being done more to keep a few in power in control of an even larger chunk of the world.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah...the NAU is definitely coming.

Don't you just love how our leaders say they are interested in our opinions and then just go ahead and do what they will anyways behind the backs of the public?

At any rate, on topic question...

Will the Mu (Does anyone else see the unrelated conspiracy reference?) have any say whatsoever in the current War in Iraq?

Or will the MU be an international representation that is in league with the ladies and gentlemen that have lied consistently to create the war?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And yet we are the crazy ones for talking about this for the last what........ 5 7 yrs....

Interesting that...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Medittereanean Union is the French Presidents idea. Its a non-starter, it has no teeth, it has been watered down somewhat from its original concept and it has nothing to do with anything like the EU - Read up on it - Its NO BIG DEAL.

Most of the North African countries are already squabbling over where it should be based, Libya is saying it doesnt want to join and Turkey is eyeing it with suspicion. Germany wants the North European countries to have a say in it .............. like i said, its a non-starter.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Doing what you said I did do some reading on the issue, for any one else interested here is what I found.

At the start of 2008 Sarkozy began to scale down his plans for the MU due to widespread opposition from other states in the EU and the Commission (see "Reactions" below).[13] At the end of February of that year France's minister for European affairs, Jean-Pierre Jouyet, stated that "there is no Mediterranean Union" but rather a "Union for the Mediterranean" which would only be "completing and enriching" to existing EU structures and policy in the region.[1] Following a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel it was agreed that the project would include all EU member states, not just those bordering the Mediterranean, and built upon the existing Barcelona process. Turkey also agreed to take part in the project following a guarantee from France that it was no longer intended as an alternative to EU membership. The MU was launched on the 13-14 July 2008.[3]
wiki

There is however one more important note. The union of the med. will include all of the EU nations. So in that regard it will bring the world closer to the globalist end game then the original proposal.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm just spit balling an idea here. The effort to globalize the market as surreptitiously and quickly as possible has met with some unexpected snags. The plans are being tweaked to ensure distraction from the larger efforts. Perhaps to create other types of 'consensus'.

Maybe they're just flailing around try to accelerate the process of market regionalization before the Unions fail to coalesce and begin the 'snap' back of self-determination.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I'm just spit balling an idea here. The effort to globalize the market as surreptitiously and quickly as possible has met with some unexpected snags. The plans are being tweaked to ensure distraction from the larger efforts. Perhaps to create other types of 'consensus'.

Maybe they're just flailing around try to accelerate the process of market regionalization before the Unions fail to coalesce and begin the 'snap' back of self-determination.

I think you may be right. I can forsee that these ''Houses of Cards'' will come tumbling down in a few years time. Its only the politicians that want these things, the people dont and in the end the masses will say ''enough is enough''.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
All 27 European Union members are apart of the Mediterranean Union too.
In theory, it is a mini union within an union.

The Union for the Mediterranean is a community of European Union member states and other countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea established on 13 July 2008

It is like the Roman Empire - Eastern and Western parts. African Union and the Arab league see it as a potential "land grab" by Europe.

en.wikipedia.org...

This will be a puppet to Europe.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some Franco-UK thoughts there :

France's Club Med

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So what are the chances that this new Union will have its Capitol in Rome? I also wonder what kind of impact it will have on the Mid East Peace process and the Global War on Terror.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Algeria, back in the early 1990s, requested to join the EU and we said no. So did Morocco and Israel. Turkey created a problem; the nation is more European than those states rejected.

So, the Mediterranean Union is for those nations who are not true European (or former colonies) but can still have access to European markets. Complicated? Of course, that's Europe for you.

The capital will stay in Brussels, Belguim was designed to be just like Washington D.C. The EU will use the Mediterranean Union as a megaphone to say "we achieved peace in the Middle East - not those Americans". Its obvious - Israel and Syria are both members.

Syria will be pulled away from Iran.

As for the War on Terror; NATO will be declared dead when the EU issue a defence alliance.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It is like the Roman Empire - Eastern and Western parts. African Union and the Arab league see it as a potential "land grab" by Europe.

en.wikipedia.org...

This will be a puppet to Europe.

I don't think the end result of the MU will be quite as absolute as you stated here, although be it I do think if this goes through it will mean the EU will have some political say in what happens in the Med. Only time will tell just how much control the EU will force into the Med.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think that the right thing to do would have been to allow nations like Turkey and Algeria membership in the European Union so as to give them some actual representation. This Mediterranian Union sounds a lot like EU Light, about the same taste but with none of the actual content.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

In the reference listed about the MU in its watered down vershen will only be a union in adation to the EU. It will not prohibit membership in the EU. That is why it could give the EU some political pull in the Med.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

mmmmm, it does sound like an EU light. So all of a sudden all these unions start appearing. First its the EU, UN, now this MU. Down here in Australia Kevin is trying to form an Asian Union for the Ociania/Asia region. Theres the North American Union what next? The South American Union and the African Union?

-fm

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
the Mediterranian 'cacus' is just another attempt to layer the EU

we/they all know the southern part of the EU can't pull their economic weight.
we are aware that the Euro printers have already cordonned off the southern (Mediterranian) tier of nations(led by Spain)
from the northern tier (led by Germany)... the printed Euros with the 'S' are less desired than the Northern Euros.

more layers of BS is my take on this non-issue

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Monk
yes every thing you said is correct. The to answer your question the next thing will be a one government world. The globalist will have won.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So what are your thoughts on a Trans Atlantic Union of North America, Europe, and the Med? Think the TAU will ever go forward?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I really don't get it.

If the american states all get together to form the US, it's the greatest thing ever. You are all proud of your country, biggest, bestest, yaddayaddayadda....

If other countries try to set up some sort of effort to work together to not succumb to those "ubernations" it's all NWO doom.

You lost me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join