It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail conspiracy involving numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Check you mail folks. I didn't notice something until recently when I started recycling envelopes. I tear open the envelopes to flatten them for recycling. I noticed that about three quarters of the envelopes have a kind of watermarked number on the sheet. It would be approximately on the top right facing the front if the envelope was still in an envelope shape.

I am thinking this must be readable by some machine when the envelope is still as an envelope. I have checked envelopes I have purchased and they do not have the numbers (which are different on each envelope). So they must be added after posting in the mail. Are they scanning certain mail from a person's mail, or mail from a certain location? Or tracking certain mail or what? Have you noticed this on your mail?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I did not read this entire document so I don't know for sure if it 'addresses' your concern but here is a link to a WIPO document that talks about various types of watermarking methods.

www.wipo.int...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Interesting website. What is interesting about the envelopes that I have found is that the numbers only seems to be on envelopes that have passed through the mail system. and that the numbers are seemingly designed to be hidden unless you open the envelope flat for recycling etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Make your own envelopes. It is simple.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Send yourself a letter in an envelope that you've checked and find out if it has been "stamped" in transit.

new topics

top topics

join