It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First gun control next KNIFE control ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Due to the rash of knifings in the UK they are introducing new measures to combat this threat !

Since people must be protected from this new scourge . The government will institute new regulations to protest our citizens from others or them selves .
All pocket knives can not have a blade longer than 5 cm and must be as dull as a butter knife .
And all butter knives must be firmly attached to the dinning room table to prevent removal from table and used to stab some one .
All steak knives must also be firmly attached to the dinning room table also .
The table attaching device must be no longer than 30cm .
All food preparation knives cleavers choppers or other sharp kitchen utensils must be registered with the local police department .
The licenses for sharp kitchen tools is only available after a thorough background check and a intensive training course for the proper use to kitchen tools .
All knives choppers cleavers ice picks or other sharp pointed object that can be used to damage another human being must be stored with a locking bladed cover to prevent accidental injury or un authorized use .
While kitchen tools are in use they must be firmly attached to the kitchen counter . This attachment must be no longer than 60 cm long and be a uncut able material like cable or small chain with eyelets for the sharp object use lock .

heavy on the sarcasm !

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They will never be able to outlaw knives....if you consider any sharb stabbing object a knife. A pencil could be considered a friggin weapon if you use it like one. Stick a pencil in someone and see if they don't react exactly like it was a knife.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
lol what if you have had expensive surgery to install claws on your hands like wolverine?

Do sharp rocks count? like if I make an axe like a caveman?

how about dropping bowling balls on people from high places do they have a plan for that one?

How about rope? I was thinking that stringing fishing line all over at ankle level would be pretty fun...like in elevators and stairwells where people wouldn't excpect it...

anyway... I have to go buy more darts for my blow gun, catch ya later

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
They will never be able to outlaw knives....

Gordon Brown said that from today anyone over the age of 16 caught in possession of a knife can expect to be prosecuted on the first offence rather than cautioned. "We have to send out a message and reinforce it with immediate action. It is completely unacceptable to carry a knife.

www.scoop.co.nz...

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said on Monday people carrying knives would be "caught, prosecuted and punished"
[]
"We need to make it absolutely clear to everyone, but especially young people, that in our country there are boundaries of acceptable behaviour, that it is completely unacceptable to carry a knife"

be a good little fascist lackey.... keep your newly purchased kitchen knife in a plastic bag and carry a receipt until you bring it home to your air conditioned plywood box, keep it in your pressboard cabinets except for dinner time.

the homeless should only eat what they are fed at the shelter; there will be no need for them to have knives.

boot knife at ankle, sickle over shoulder, and hatchet at the camp fire...

"city" dwelling...
yet uncivilized...

I am,

Sri Oracle

always on the river...
pen as my sword...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

pen as my sword...

Exactly....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am sorry to bring this to you but even when things are as bad as the are here in the US we still have the right to arms and knives well they just come with the territory.

You people have a dictator in your country.

We have a corporate poppet.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Dang I was making a sarcastic statement . I really didn't think they would be that silly . I guess you can never under estimate the stupidity of politicians . Given a free hand they come up with some of the most moronic rules .

Again vilifying objects rather than making people assume personal responsibility for their actions .

The old quote God save the Queen . The heck with that God save the people of UK from these brainless politicians.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The law is insufficient; it needs to outlaw all sharp objects and all blunt objects.

Grocers and supermarket employees are reputed to carry box cutters.
I will never forget a friend of mine being harassed by the police for having a box cutter in his car, when he was stopped on his way home from work at the supermarket. Another teenage thug successfully apprehended on his way to a slashing crime spree!

Is it legal to carry a wrench for instance, these are the insidious tools of a dangerous and desperate counter culture, including motorcycle gangs, plumbers, and mechanics.

new topics

top topics

join