It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have problems....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
With the "reply to" & "quote" buttons here, sometimes when I press them they don't work & I don't get the code for it in the window. Anyone know why ?

Also how do you get a list up of the smily codes ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sounds like a problem with your computer.
I'm no expert.
The smilies just appear beside the reply box and I click the one I want. Some of the codes I remember..but not all.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
See I just clicked "reply" to you now and no code

It's not on my end I don't think as if it was it wouldn't work at all would it, if something was blocking the code from working ?

As for smilies, I've noticed they change each post with which ones you can select so I imagine there's a definitive list of them all somewhere ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

[ i ]reply to [url =http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread371319/pg1#pid4622361]post by Discotech[ url ][ i ]

Hoping like heck this works to show you...
above is what I get right in the reply box, when I hit reply, but I have added spaces and eliminated the back slashes before the url, and i for italics...
The smilies are different from ATS to BTS.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Are you sure ? I'm positive I had to refresh the post page on BTS to get the
(if it doesn't work then I guess they're not universal between the 2 forums) smiley to appear to make sure I got the code right as preview doesn't show them.

As for the reply code I could type it but I want the same luxury as everyone else and be able to click it without the pain staking effort of actually typing it out

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Like I said Disco..I'm no expert here. But it sounds like something is disabled on your computer which should allow both of those to work for you.
A shot in the dark here..do you use flash? Sometimes upgrading that works for stuff. I'm fresh out of ideas.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Like I said Disco..I'm no expert here. But it sounds like something is disabled on your computer which should allow both of those to work for you.
A shot in the dark here..do you use flash? Sometimes upgrading that works for stuff. I'm fresh out of ideas.

Hmm well I could quote you but reply still fubar'd so I dunno, really can't see it being my end if one button works & the other doesn't when all that's different between the 2 buttons is the text that's produced, thanks anyway for trying to help

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Discotech I do tech. support for high speed internet users and from my 8 years of doing this job have found:

1) Web site error stem from browers problems

2) Web site loading problems stem from firewalls ie *Zone Alarm

3) Web site button functions stem from security programs ie Nortons, McAfee, PC Cillan

* recent updates by Microsoft has caused Zone Alarm to block any connection to the internet. Source This caused havoc. Sigh!

[edit on 13/7/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The problem is Rhain that it does work, just not all of the time. Surely if there was an issue with Norton (which I deeply have a hatred for now) or my browser then it would block it from working all the time would it not ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Download and run 1.6 version 'spybot'.
That might help.
Free on cnet.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've seen this problem before.

Check if the URL in the address bar has a trailing apostrophe (') at the end, before you try clicking "reply to". If it does, delete it, reload the page, then try.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Damn you're good!!

It worked, now the question is.... was that apostrophe my end or the forum end ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I too have been experiencing more threats on my puter, not just cookie low threats, but medium level chikanery....I've have to boost my dumb stuff delete stuff.

top topics

join