It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President George W Bush Backs Israeli Plan for Strike On Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

President George W Bush Backs Israeli plan for Strike On Iran

www.timesonline.co.uk

Despite the opposition of his own generals and widespread scepticism that America is ready to risk the military, political and economic consequences of an airborne strike on Iran, the president has given an “amber light” to an Israeli plan to attack Iran’s main nuclear sites with long-range bombing sorties, the official told The Sunday Times.

Amber means get on with your preparations, stand by for immediate attack and tell us when you’re ready,” the official said. But the Israelis have also ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, I guess Bush is almost ready to get another war started!

Only this time he is going to let Israel start it, and then, more than likely come to Israel's aide when Iran attacks Israel.

Of course this will HAVE to be done before November!

Senator Barack Obama’s previous opposition to the war in Iraq, and his apparent doubts about the urgency of the Iranian threat, have intensified pressure on the Israeli hawks to act before November’s US presidential election. “If I were an Israeli I wouldn’t wait,” the Pentagon official added.

One way or another, it seems like Bush will get his war with Iran.

To hell with what the military says.

Despite the opposition of his own generals .....

****SKIP****

There was also resistance inside the Pentagon from officers concerned about Iranian retaliation. “The uniform people are opposed to the attack plans, mainly because they think it will endanger our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan,” the source said

or the global economic impacts it will cause.

The one thing that all sides agree on is that any strike by either Iran or Israel would trigger a catastrophic round of retaliation that would rock global oil markets, send the price of petrol soaring and wreck the progress of the US military effort in Iraq.

Abdalla Salem El-Badri, secretary-general of Opec, the oil producers’ consortium, said last week that a military conflict involving Iran would see an “unlimited” rise in prices because any loss of Iranian production — or constriction of shipments through the Strait of Hormuz — could not be replaced. Iran is Opec’s second-largest producer after Saudi Arabia.

He will make sure he gets this last war in before he leaves office, I don't believe anything else matters much to him.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole
This is so well thought out. Israel takes out the Iranian nuke sites and the military industrial complex. America sits pretty. Chances are Iran will do no retaliation unless they want to be eradicated as a nation for a generation or more. If and I do say a BIG if Iran strikes back in retaliation then we can expect SOME American casualties somewhere doing something. Then the mother of all battles will be unleashed on this third world joke by the US from the three fronts it surrounds Iran.
I really do think Israel can blow the nuke sites useless for a generation and Iran will know too well a retaliatory strike back will mean national suicide at the hands of the powers that be. It's brilliant, take out Irans nukes number one and if Iran does strike back, number two finish off Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I hope that if Israel attacks Iran, Iran will retaliate with all their might, after all they are entitle to defend themselves after an actual attack and not by proxy attack.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You know what.
Please dont take me the wrong way, its just that. I am actually looking forward to this... not the death and the dying and the mysery that comes with war, but rather the rebirth and restructuring that comes after it. I think the world needs this, I think this will open peoples eyes to what is really going on.

Where the hell is the world heading anyway
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, good for George. Maybe, as an act of good faith on our part, maybe we can dress George up with the best gear and arms, and put him in the forefront of the fighting, and see how long he lasts. Hey, why not, he does it with our young men doesn`t he? So let him take his turn and show us we have nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Actually that was my first though having Bush dress up in his pilot gear and have him in the first fighter yet in the squadron.

After all he did joined the services and took some pilot classes.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wel, it`s like i`ve said before. Let`s take care of our problems at home first before trying to fix others in the world. Our economy can not survive another war. It`s either he dosen`t care, or, he`s just to stupid to understand that fact.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If Israel or the US unleash the first strike on Iran then let it be known that whatever follows is THEIR doing, no-one else's.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
If Israel or the US unleash the first strike on Iran then let it be known that whatever follows is THEIR doing, no-one else's.

God forbid we should blame Iran.

After all, they are only not abiding by the UN resolutions, attempting to build a nuke, supporting terrorists groups like Hezzbolah and killing U.S. and allied soldiers in Iraq by providing arms, money and men. Other than that, they are totally innocent.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You can be sure it won`t be the US, maybe that is. that`s why Bush is pushing the "Were you friend Israel" thing right now. He hopes they will be the ones to start it so we can jump in.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ufoor, so you would welcome the genocide of a whole nation would you, you get off on that do you. Are you that ignorant to think that the World will sit back while Israel and the US nuke another nation. Your in for a big shock if you think nothing will happen because it will happen if you attack Iran.

When are people like you going to wise up, you want to die in a war for profit and greed do you, you want to see your country crippled for good do you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Wotan

God forbid we should blame Iran.

After all, they are only not abiding by the UN resolutions, attempting to build a nuke, supporting terrorists groups like Hezzbolah and killing U.S. and allied soldiers in Iraq by providing arms, money and men. Other than that, they are totally innocent.

That is pure heresay. Even if it was true, it still does not justify an unprovoked attack on a UN member country. This is the same as the bullies in the playground - Remember bullies get it 10x worse in the end.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

top topics

join