It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Chicago shaped Obama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

www.newyorker.com...

Making It
by Ryan Lizza

This is a long piece, but well worth the read, if anyone has any doubts what kind of man Obama really is, this should open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Chicago gave Obama coc aine, male prostitutes, better crack sales .

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great article! It's interesting to see people's opinions of him and some explanations of how he has had become so successful so quickly. He's not the "naive", "inexperienced" young man that so many people think he is. He's a politician. He's suave. He's an opportunist. And he has strong beliefs that he doesn't toss aside for "the party".

I can understand how some people think he's "elite" and "arrogant", but arrogance usually comes from feelings of insecurity and I think that's the least of Obama's characteristics. He's self-assured, even overly-confident, but it's for a good reason. He's extremely well-spoken and intelligent. Even brilliant.

And he's on his way to the top. Some people are not going to like a man that's so "upwardly mobile" simply because of feelings of inadequacy and insecurity that his ascent engenders. Enemies will be created. As we see.

Thanks for posting. Great article.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH, I found it to be very interesting, of course there were certain sections that were real eye openers to me, it still leaves him somewhat enigmatic, I should point out what I found most interesting.

Maybe later.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I can understand how some people think he's "elite" and "arrogant", but arrogance usually comes from feelings of insecurity and I think that's the least of Obama's characteristics

Obama is an elite arrogant spoiled ass.

Did that article mention how Obama and his Wife went from an income of under 200K/yr. to over 4 million a year while Obama was a state Senator of Illinois?

How do you suppose he raised his take-home to over 1000% in that time-frame??

It's called kick-backs from dozens of illegal land deals in his district with slum lords like Tony Rezko. Obama used government money to fund these operations while he and the slumb lords that ran these illegal operations got major kick-backs.

Throw in a non-profit hosipital that raised health-care costs at over 500% for non-insured patients, and you got his wife's kick-back as she was on the board-of-directors.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yes Jet, I have a topic on Rezko, the truth will prevail, eventually.

I hope

On issue after issue, Preckwinkle presented Obama as someone who thrived in the world of Chicago politics. She suggested that Obama joined Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ for political reasons. “It’s a church that would provide you with lots of social connections and prominent parishioners,” she said. “It’s a good place for a politician to be a member.” Preckwinkle was unsparing on the subject of the Chicago real-estate developer Antoin (Tony) Rezko, a friend of Obama’s and one of his top fund-raisers, who was recently convicted of fraud, bribery, and money laundering: “Who you take money from is a reflection of your knowledge at the time and your principles.” As we talked, it became increasingly clear that loyalty was the issue that drove Preckwinkle’s current view of her onetime protégé. “I don’t think you should forget who your friends are,” she said.

I think he has thrown them under the proverbial bus,

Others told me that Preckwinkle’s grievances against Obama included specific complaints, such as his refusal to endorse a former aide and longtime friend, Will Burns, in a State Senate primary—a contest that Burns won anyway. There was also a more general belief that, after Obama won the 2004 United States Senate primary, he ignored his South Side base.

Ivory Mitchell, who for twenty years has been the chairman of the local ward organization in Obama’s neighborhood—considered the most important Democratic organization on the South Side—was one of Obama’s earliest backers. Today, he says, “All the work we did to help him get where he finally ended up, he didn’t seem too appreciative.” A year ago, Mitchell became a delegate for Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is not painting a very positive picture of the Character of this man.

Preckwinkle, and eventually she signed on as an Obama delegate. I asked her if what she considered slights or betrayals were simply the necessary accommodations and maneuvering of a politician making a lightning transition from Hyde Park legislator to Presidential nominee.

“Can you get where he is and maintain your personal integrity?” she said. “Is that the question?” She stared at me and grimaced. “I’m going to pass on that.”

[edit on 063131p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Obama’s ‘Chicago mafia’ blamed for paralysis at the top

www.timesonline.co.uk...

“This administration has managed to divide its friends and unite its enemies,” said Steve Clemons, director of the American Strategy Programme at the New America Foundation.

He and others lay the blame on the Chicago team, advisers from Obama’s adopted city. “Obama’s West Wing is filled with people who are in their jobs because of their Chicago connections or because they signed on early during his presidential campaign,” complained Doug Wilder, who in 1990s Virginia was America’s first elected black governor and was an early backer of Obama. “One problem is they do not have sufficient experience at governing at the executive branch level. The deeper problem is that they are not listening to the people.”

Obama relies on five people, four of whom are Chicagoans. They are Rahm Emanuel, his chief of staff, David Axelrod and Jarrett, his political advisers, and Michelle, while the fifth kitchen cabinet member is Robert Gibbs, his chief spokesman, who comes from Alabama.

The president consults them on everything. Military commanders were astounded when they participated in Afghanistan war councils and referred to them as the “Chicago mafia”. It was this group that inserted into Obama’s Afghan surge speech the deadline of July 2011 as a date to start withdrawing.

The biggest hurdle may be Obama’s own ambition combined with lack of experience. A leading Democratic supporter described his administration as “unfocused”, adding that he had counted 137 items on Obama’s agenda.

“He needs to realise that he’s running a huge operation and has to sequence priorities,” said Clemons. “He’s not thinking like the chief executive of a complex organisation.”

You were warned.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think it's time to think of Chicago in a world where the Democrats and the criminals did not have so much power over the people of Chicago or the nation.

It is the system of corruption, bribes, favors, threats, murder and 24/7 system of lies and deceit that supports that system of making money. Unless you're only on board to making money at all costs, you can bet that there is no room for honesty, integrity or accountability.

Being above the law and at a different standard than the little people should be the new discussion. How long and what will it take to get control from Chicago from those that will use to do nothing but line their pockets with tax dollars and bribe money is the thought I want to consider.

Just how much better off Chicago and the nation would be if Chicago gangster tactics were not the norm coming out of Washington? I say that little seed is going to take seed because if the people of Chicago are like those in the rest of the nation, they are fed up with the malarkey and are at this moment looking for ways to make that point.

new topics

top topics

join