It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WYD Shenanigans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
WYD World Youth Day, is something that seemed to come from out of nowhere... 300,000 'pilgrims' visiting Sydney Australia to see the Pope give mass, and celebrate in 'sheer joy'. They are completely shutting down major swathes of the city for this event, I'm gettin out of town cos the whole thing gives me the heebie jeebies.

Anyway, I spotted this antenna thingie in a park which is only a few hundred metres from where his holiness will be blessing the masses. Anyone know what it is? Sorry it's lo-res from phone, but it has a large antenna mast with a generator (I think).

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good post!

My ´logical´(read: indoctrinated) mind would say this is simply a mast to broadcast audio or video from the WYD, or to boost mobile phone coverage in an area which is suddenly overpopulated by mobile phones.

My ATS mind (lol) says it is something more sinister.

I look forward to reading other replies.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
WYD World Youth Day, is something that seemed to come from out of nowhere... I'm gettin out of town cos the whole thing gives me the heebie jeebies.

I get the heebie jeebies anytime I hear about catholic priests and kids getting together. (Weird, that's my second catholic priest scandal comment today.)

join