It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello, and need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
hello all members of ATS, i'm young to the whole conspiracy world, and it seems like i'm one of the few younger ones, being under 20 years old, i was wondering if anyone would be able to sorta mentor me in learning, mostly through e-mail, and maybe a AIM coversation,since i could learn all i can from experinced theroists like some of you guys,

if you could please put down what kind of conspiracies that you have studied

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey there,

My advice is to start reading threads from topics which interest you. After reading what others have to say, you might decide to contribute to a thread or even try your hand at starting your own thread. Don't feel like you're too young, inexperienced, unknowledgable to contribute to ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hiyah Masterbret,

Welcome to ATS! I personally love the UFO/Alien section myself
Hope you enjoy your ATS travels! Happy posting

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hi masterbret and welcome to ATS. I have to agree w/ Sceamjet and just dive right into the threads and topics the pique your interest. And then stop by BTS sometime when you just want to relax and get to know some of the other members.

Rush

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
welcome aboard.

u2u a mod they are evil dictators who censor our work when we violate T&C they will drain your life force(just kidding).

no really mods are great to talk to. also they dont mind giving a helping hand. they have always been quick to help me anyways. im sure if you asked enough it wouldnt be hard to get one to show you the ropes.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masterbret

Hi masterbret..

Welcome to ATS

If you are looking for somebody to guide you through the site, I would recommend going to the Adopt a New Member thread. There are many members who will gladly take you under his/her/their wings..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, it indeed is a great place, if you have any questions or concerns there are a few people that you can talk to.

The forum moderators are quite friendly people, they are here to make sure you enjoy your time on this site. If you have any questions make sure to shoot off a U2U to any one of them for an answer. Also members like myself or enjoies05 are also very helpful and will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have.

the ATS Handbook can answer a lot of your questions about the site, it's quite informative and helpful if you have questions regarding your Avatar, Signature, or purchasing perks in the ATS Store.

Points are a valuable commodity around ATS and some members want to know how to gain points quickly. There are several ways to do this. One is to podcast, Podcasting if you don't already know is kind of like making your own little radio show about some subject that you’re interested in. Also contributing to TinWiki is a great way to make some points in a big hurry. Also by joining up with Twitter, you can get a lot of points right of the bat. In BTS one can also find fun games and contests that are happening now and also get you those points.

One should also familiarize themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use for proper ATS etiquette and site rules, this helps everyone avoid problems.

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time around the site

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i wasn't really thinking on ats, more like teaching me how to be a good conspiraist,

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by masterbret

Well from what I see the best conspiracies involve a lot of research. Get out there, meet people in positions of power, talk to them get to know them. Find out what they know.

A conspiracy doesn't neccissarily have to be all the way up at the tip top of power, conspiracies only involve two or more people that plan to do something together that is nefarious.

The best conspiracies also are well researched. Get your facts right. This is paramount, especially on this site. You want to make sure that when you get ready to post that conspiracy make sure to get all the research you can into your post so that people can cross check the facts for themselves and perhaps come up with the same conclusion as you have.

Also the best conspiracies stand up to intense scrutiny, here on ATS your going to find some hard core skeptics that are going to try and show how your conspiracy is not valid. A great conspiracy is those that beyond the scrutiny of those that are skeptical will still stand. Your going to need those skeptics in your threads, because without those skeptics you can have no validity to your point, no devils advocate as it were. If you can make a conspiracy that stands up to the harshest scrutiny by skeptics you have a winning conspiracy.

Oh as always, if you are not a great speller, spell check is your friend. Nothing trashes a greatly written conspiracy more than a few misspelled words.

I hope that helps

top topics

join