It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Says NO to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Germany Says NO to Obama

news.bbc.co.uk

A leading German politician is the latest to criticise a tentative plan by Barack Obama to speak at Berlin's historic Brandenburg Gate.

Erwin Huber, the leader of one of the main governing parties, said the Democratic White House hopeful had played no part in German reunification.

Chancellor Angela Merkel earlier said it was "a bit odd" that Mr Obama should speak at the Cold War landmark.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Something you probably won't see much in the media, someone saying "NO" to Obama.

It's obvious why they said NO.
Obama is just trying make it a publicity stunt and the Germans see right through it.
Obama better start whippin' up a batch of sauerkraut flavored Kool Aid if he wants to brainwash the the Germans the way he's already done to many here in the States.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Darn he won't get the Deutschlander vote
Something tells me that he shouldn't be too worried about the German swing voter this year. I don't think it will disrupt his campaign in the least

[edit on 7/13/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am shocked at his arrogance.
This just shows how naive Obama is in thinking Europe will allow him to exploit historic icons to say "vote me"

Rudolph Giuliana tried it in the United Kingdom by using the NHS as a political football and Hiliary tried using the peace deal in Northern Ireland too (well, she laid claim to it...which is extreme). Look where it got both of them.

Anyways, the European Union isn't really American friendly so I have no idea what Obama is hoping to achieve.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can`t believe his arrogance, it it one thing to be considered some sort of superstar by his fans and the american mass media, but it is another for him to believe it.

He doesn`t have the presidency yet, someone in his campaign ought to remind him.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
a batch of sauerkraut flavored Kool Aid

that's excellent! (and so true!)

I'm not voting for John McCain, but at least when he goes overseas he meets with the leaders of the countries and discusses trade and defense and other serious issues.

Obama just wants to have a 'worship me' beer fest.

How presidential of him. NOT!

top topics

join