It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US backs Israeli plan for strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Pentagon official says Bush told Israel to 'get on with preparations, stand by for immediate attack' on Iran's main nuclear sites if diplomatic efforts fail. 'This administration will not attack Iran. This has already been decided,' official tells Sunday Times

Full Story

This is being reported as Bush giving a "yellow light" for Israel to attack Iran. They even do a semi convincing job of making it seem so. However after reading some of the quotes it sure seems like a green light to me. Publicly I think Bush will act as if he is not supporting Israel completely, but you know he will with covert ops and anything less "public".

I sure hope those of us who are not fighting in WW3 are ready for $10.00 + gas prices. There is no doubt in my mind that Iran will be attacked before November's elections. I just wonder if such an event would be considered a "catastrophic event" that could get Bush to put some of those executive orders to good use.

I also wonder what $10.00 plus gas might do to the economy? Would that be enough to crash the economy and the US dollar? The more I think about things, a lot of those survival threads are becoming much more interesting and certainly good to know.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
id just like to be the first to say f--- bush.

thanks for making my country israels show pony you ass. is this what iraqi freedom looks like? you take over a country and use it as a base so the israelis can launch attacks from there against the people of iraqs will?

screw you. im going to design toilet paper with your face on it and become a millionaire.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well i don't know what is going on You have One person saying

Amber means get on with your preparations, stand by for immediate attack and tell us when you’re ready,” the official told The Times. But, according to the report, Israel has also been told that it can expect no help from American forces and will not be able to use US military bases in Iraq for logistical support

Then you have Rice saying the US would back up Israel
It's all talk I will just wait to see what realy happens

new topics

join