It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government project/creature in the woods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Alright, to start this off I'm going to tell you that I like to night opp. Night opping is going around at 1-4 in the morning and going through garages and cars stealing things however, this does not mean i steal things or tresspass, just that I walk around talking with friends. However, for the past month a friend of mine has been taking a case of beer and then we go into the woods about 20 minutes walking distance from my house. Its pretty concealed and a very thick woods. The only place i know you can go thats clear of trees is a small firepit area that me and my friends go to.

Alright, all the weird things started happening about a week ago. It was around the time of the month when its the darkest at night. Me and a single friend were sitting in the woods when a horrible sound that was the mix of a human screaming in pain and a dog howling echoed through the woods, maybe 200 yards away. It sounded muffled but still loud, it was absolutely terrifying and i still cant sleep when i think of it. We both were silent for a few minutes, contemplating whether to run or not when we heard it again, this time sounding like it was maybe 30 yards away. This was enough for us to run in the opposite directon and go around the woods to get back to our homes.

2 days later and me and my friend still haven't night opped and decided to go again, thinking it was simply a rare occurrence. Everything goes well for an hour until we sit down in a ditch on the side of the road, the forest in clear view. Alright, the thing about being out at night is that when you see a car you get out of view, so when we saw 4 pairs of headlights we layed in the ditch out of sight, waited about a minute and then looked. No sign of them. About 20 minutes passed of us sitting in the ditch when my friend pointed out some lights in the woods. I counted and it looked like 8 very high powered flashlights so I knew it was at least 8 people. They seemed to be making their way through the woods in a tight group, the beams were constantly moving around. Thats when all the lights started to focus in an area and the group stopped, I saw a few flashs of light then the group scattered. Im really not sure what was going on but all the light beams seemed to be running to the edge of the woods. As one of the lights came closer to me and my friend we took the cue and quickly left.

I dont expect you guys to believe me which is why I plan on going out the next 4 days with a camera and keeping a journal of what happens. I just want some insight on what could be going on.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Kazzz]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Great story
Will look forward to your next update.

I have no idea what it could be!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Alright, to start this off I'm going to tell you that I like to night opp. Night opping is going around at 1-4 in the morning and going through garages and cars stealing things.

Well this is gonna last about all of 5 minutes seeing as though you just admitted to breaking and entering, theft, trespassing, all in one go on a public forum.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It may be a group of people looking for missing items from their garages.

I sure hope no one else is out at that time of morning or you could be paying the price for their misdeeds as well.

If I were to be woken up to find some body snooping around my home:
1)My dogs would be making some very impressive noises.
2)The person or people doing the snooping would very likely have a trip to the hospital.

Cut the crap and find something a little more productive to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
From the T&C's

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Stealing from your neighbours is not only illegal, it's a shame.

The end result, if continued, is always the same. I think it can be deduced without being spelled out.

This thread is now closed.

new topics

top topics

join