It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bush gave Israel amber light to attack'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

'Bush gave Israel amber light to attack'

www.jpost.com

US President George W. Bush has given Israel the "amber light" to carry out an attack on Iran if diplomatic efforts are unsuccessful in causing the Islamic Republic to back down and relinquish its nuclear program, according to a senior Pentagon official quoted by the British Sunday Times on Sunday morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The US has stated it will not be involved in any strike. Once Israel gets the green light (if they actually need one) then Iran will strike back at Israel and also those US bases they talked about. Once the bases are hit then the US will hammer down fire. This is the plan. This is how the US wants it to happen. We will take a "self-defense" position rather than an "attack" position.

www.jpost.com

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
By the US standing back and out of the way, you may get rid of 2 birds with one (nuclear) stone, that is to say it may become a case of Mutually Assured Destruction.

Iran gets obliterated and off the map, getting rid of this middle eatern thorn in Bushes side, at the same time Irans response (before their obliteration off the map) could be to wipe Israel off the map at the same time, thus removing the evil little twin that US has thats always looking for a reason to drag the US into war.

It all seems bad but in the end and with a long term outlook, it may even eventuate as a good thing.

I know its hard to imagine it all ending good, but you never know.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So an 'amber' light gives Israel the OK to go ahead. Just who is bush to approve this? what about the UN NATO etc. Does nobody need to go through channels anymore if Bush says uts OK?

Also, M.M. is right. If Israel does the attacking, the the US hands are clean but thier goals are achieved. I hope if it does happen the US are held accountable. Does amber light (as reported to the public) mean green light behind closed doors?!?!?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well i guess i can't say i didn't see it coming.

And so it begins...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
iran have the ability to hit dimona , which would seriously mess up israel

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
How often do you hear the term, amber light?

Its either Green, or nothing.

Israel are being told to 'continue preperations as if something is to occur'?

So what, theyve been sitting around throwing darts and playing pool all this time?

This is merely the west telling Iran, look, we're not kidding now...
I imagine this rather comical brat, '' cmmmon.... i wanna gooo ''

and Iran just laughs, theyve got you by the balls,

either attack, or deal with it.

and we all know the west cant attack, it'd finish them!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

if Israel attacks Iran, you might as well call it what it is.
An American back Israel against Iran and Iraq.

There's no such thing as Israel going it alone!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by VIKINGANT

if Israel attacks Iran, you might as well call it what it is.
An American back Israel against Iran and Iraq.

There's no such thing as Israel going it alone!

Exactly. I am curious who would actually view the US as innocent in an attack by Israel on Iran. I guess I am just more conspiratorial than the avg joe, but if Israel attacks Iran, you know that there will be rooms full of Neo Cons high fiving and celebrating the fulfillment of their largest current goal.... which is getting us into a war with Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Bush Doesn't have the right to make the decision on a country, declaring its ok for them to declare war on another soveriegn country. For the sake that he says its ok. Someone please tell me this is not right?

This is really not normal behaviour. In fact its so insane people don't think this is in fact wrong, people are still not fully aware how castratropic this behaviour is and what this behaviour has done to the world over the last 8 years alone. Do people actually realise George is provoking a war, with his own mouth. When you make a world decision like this, you don't make it by yourself. That includes the evil obnoxious Bush. The world itself makes these kind of decisions. It's call having respect. GEORGE BUSH IS NOT RESPECTING THE WORLD. GEORGE BUSH IS NOT BEHAVING RESPECTFULLY. have you people got that, good
The same its Clinton having an affair was disrespectful, but it had nothing to do with us, as it was his decision behind closed doors, but hey he got impeached for that. lol

Will you people impreach that man PLEASE. This behaviour is totally unprofessional, disrespectful and irrational. His behaviour is NOT acceptable nor is it helping anything. Yet sleepy America sit around on their behinds watching the T.V dancing with the stars ffs. Seriously WOULD PEOPLE START USING SOME KIND OF INTELLEGENCE TO PROCESS REALITY OVER THERE. START THINKING PEOPLE.

it would be great and benifecial to all those who are striving for peace and respect in the world.

I'm waiting for you America

P.S Iran who has more respect, please hold onto that. Don't react to those arrogant American leaders. Hold to your cause, and ignore them

[edit on 13-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I guess the only way folks would really believe the US doesnt have anything to do with it will be if Israel attacks Iran, then Iran retaliates and the US sits idly by and watches.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I guess the only way folks would really believe the US doesnt have anything to do with it will be if Israel attacks Iran, then Iran retaliates and the US sits idly by and watches.

USA won't be watching they will then take the oil, and take over Iran. It wil then make your nation a more sick, arrogant and ignorant country it always will be. America will do what it likes, I don't think they will sit and watch. It would of being GREAT if America did exactly that for the last 8 years.

1. They might have learned a thing or two about the world
2. They might have learned a few reality personality disorders of thier own nation
3. The world would of be lot more peaceful too/

Now America is just too immature for that. NO surprise there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by superheterodyne

The US has stated it will not be involved in any strike. Once Israel gets the green light (if they actually need one) then Iran will strike back at Israel and also those US bases they talked about. Once the bases are hit then the US will hammer down fire. This is the plan. This is how the US wants it to happen. We will take a "self-defense" position rather than an "attack" position.

www.jpost.com

This "self defense" policy would also give the US the opportunity to drag NATO into this fiasco - i.e. an attack on one member is seen as an attack on all.

While the NATO doctrine is meant only to be relevant to an attack on Europe or the US mainland, an attack on the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey will be enough to trigger a NATO response.

zero lift

[edit on 13-7-2008 by zero lift]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The US hasnt even taken over Iraqi oil as evident by our 4$ gallon gas here...what makes you so sure we're gonna get Irans oil too? Im still waiting for Iraq's!

USA won't be watching they will then take the oil, and take over Iran. It wil then make your nation a more sick, arrogant and ignorant country it always will be. America will do what it likes, I don't think they will sit and watch. It would of being GREAT if America did exactly that for the last 8 years.

1. They might have learned a thing or two about the world
2. They might have learned a few reality personality disorders of thier own nation
3. The world would of be lot more peaceful too/

Now America is just too immature for that. NO surprise there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The US hasnt even taken over Iraqi oil as evident by our 4$ gallon gas here...what makes you so sure we're gonna get Irans oil too? Im still waiting for Iraq's!

Well America is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much in the ME over the last 50 years. And the ME is where the oil is. Process your brains cells.

George wanted the oil crisis to get out of hand. its pefect for him to have this situation. Do you think oil prices will stay the same if Bush keeps behaving like a disgusting individual and provoking more chaos in the ME, as he is doing right at the minute. Because if hes that "stupid" and your that ignorant, then you havent learned from history. You need to open your eyes. God why am I dealing with post's like this everyday.

Seriously do you listen to the crap you just posted.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

They only closed the deal in the last few weeks and if you think any of us are ever going to see cheap gas because of it, you're living in a fairy tale. Iraqi oil is all locked up now by the major US oil companies and funny enough it's now worth almost 3 times the value before we invaded.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why is it not good for the US to stop Iran from geting nukes? I would think people who are smart and can think logically would know that Iran has enough oil that they don't need nuclear power.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

"Amber means get on with your preparations, stand by for immediate attack and tell us when you're ready," the official said.

www.haaretz.com...

So, according to this Israeli periodical, it's basically a sure-thing that Iran is attacked soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First of all, if Is attacks Ir then it's a us war by proxy which is why Iran will hit US bases using up resources that it could have put on Israel.
Someone may want to look up what Amber Light means is it just a caution light metaphor or is it a code word for bunker buster munitions we sent to Olmert?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I echo the observation: "amber light". This is an interesting term to evoke.

It seems silly to consider that, on the surface, Israel's potential decision to begin a military offense against Iraq would be done in a vacuum, without coordination with a large, fully entrenched ally next to their target.

Also, let's not forget that Mr Bush, in the name of the American people, PROMISED we would stand shoulder to shoulder with them in any Israeli-Iranian conflict. ((Interesting deconstruction attempt of the Bush address to the Knesset: www.abovetopsecret.com... )).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join