It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay. this just weirded me out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

Maybe it was a succubus and that's why she wanted you to go to sleep.

Nah i think everybody experiences this at least once, my psych prof told us that the time right before you fall asleep is when you're most able to see and hear things like spirits, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone but me,I am no expert,but I believe that when the mind clears enough to allow one to relax enough to begin to fall asleep,that one can perceive that which they have been conditioned to believe does not exist,such as entities,spirits if you will.

I hear mutterings and sounds,and broken conversation as I drift off to sleep all the time,I can't remember what is said unless something else,like a knock at the door,or a phone ringing,dogs barking,etc.,wakes me up as I am drifting off to sleep occurs which stirs me back to alertness....

I do know that on many occasions,an answer to a problem,a design idea that I was working on,or something I was trying to remember but couldn't remember comes to me during these times.

The human mind is a strange thing...I hear a voice telling me to go to sleep almost every night by the way,as I am dozing off in front of my puter,I really have no idea who it may be,but it sounds similar to my grandmother,who until her recent death was in a retirement home after suffering a massive stroke which left her unable to speak.

Another wierd thing about her was when I would visit her,and no one was around,she would talk ,we would talk,and everyone would tell me that was impossible because she couldnt' speak.....

I am sometimes awakened while I am dosing off by a loud sound like someone smacking two wood blocks together in front my face,and it usually turns out something I need to attend to has just occurred.....

I am becoming convinced that there is more to this world than we have been led/conditioned to believe,as it would surely be a good thing for the powers that be,to make you believe they are all there is in this world.

But that is only my opinion,and you know the old saying............

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
In my opinion (and I say it again: to MY opinion) there is no such thing as contacting the deceased! Why? because there is no prove whatsoever. I am not talking about media like Char or Oglivy, because they prove nothing other than they can "read" people minds. They NEVER tell anything the people who are still alive anything they dont know for themselves. They never say: hey, that earring you've lost is lying under the laundry-machine. And if they say: your mother died of cancer, than if the person did not know this, he/she at least expected it!

Just relax: if it is your Grandmother, she is in your head!

[edit on 14/7/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't listen to those that say it could be a spirit... If you choose to believe in that, fine, however what you experienced was most likely due to SP. Right before you drift off to sleep, you enter SP or sleep paralysis, at which time, if you are still conscious, you will likely hear sounds or voices. It's perfectly natural. Many people often mistake SP with spirits or ghosts, but trust me, it's completely natural and is nothing more than your mind playing tricks on you.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
you wouldnt happen to be a regular participant of the 11:11 phenomena...i think it could be your gaurdian or midwayer telling you to go to bed...look up urantia book and find midwayer...they usually talk to us when we are really relaxed and listening in the deep alpha state...

Dont know about the OP, but i am!
Its not only 11:11, its all of those combinations

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ah your mind is awakening.
Its common to hear such things in a state before sleep. Happens all the time before astral projections. No one can tell you who it was, could be anyone..the astral is a busy place. It could even be some sort of telepathy with another person.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

that would be a valuable idea. unfortunately you haven't taken the time to read the OP. i said i never met her. but i described the voice to my mom and she said that the description was dead-on with her mom. and i just realized this. the cat litter could be from my cat who just recently died. i don't know what that means as of yet but i'm trying to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Ah your mind is awakening.
Its common to hear such things in a state before sleep. Happens all the time before astral projections. No one can tell you who it was, could be anyone..the astral is a busy place. It could even be some sort of telepathy with another person.
i won't wake up finding myself in some sort of pod in a field of humans being grown, will I? hahh but thank you for the post. you, unlike most people using conventional explanations, seem like one who thinks out of the box. thanks again for the post, love.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join