It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay. this just weirded me out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hello!

was it a young voice?
Do you have a relationship, or are you searching for your soulpartner...?

In this (end-) time many crazy things happens, also that souls who need to come together, call each other...
Maybe it was your grandmother, but I think that if your granny want to speak with you, she will make it in your dreams.
What you tell in your story, sounds like "hey! come to bed, go sleeping and drive into my mind..."

Nia

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Could have been a Spirit Guide / Guardian Angel, telling you to cash in on some much needed REM sleep.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The standard skeptical explanation is that the voices are in your head. It's more common that you might think, and not necessarily a sign of mental illness. You might want to see a doctor if they continue, though.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

well first of all i can answer all of your questions. You see there are other dimensions that exist on what physicists refer to as 'branes'. Occasionally a point on a brane will collide with the ajacent brane. this is what happened. what you heard was a woman in the universe next door telling her husband to go to bed. the cat litter smell was due to the fact that they just switched to a cheaper brand of litter that doesn't control odors like their old litter did and the smell is leaking into our universe. a little Fabreeze at the point of entry should solve it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A lot of the replies are a great example of taking something mundane and turning it into something completely different through lack of knowledge.

Take it from someone who has had every sleeping disorder on the books (and probably some that science has never heard about). Everybody in the world experiences this. Every day. It happens when you are at that state between being asleep and being awake. Everybody, at that moment, hears someone call their name. This has been verified in sleep clinics around the world, it's not hard to look up.

I used to experience this daily as a kid. The reason people don't realize this happens is that they fall completely asleep in the following seconds and... forget!

Nobody knows the mechanism behind this, but it has been scientifically researched/explored/examined many times through the years. If you remember it, it's because instead of falling completely asleep, you woke up for some reason. As for the "Go to sleep" part, you may have drifted into a semi-dream state, then out, heard the voice, the fully awake. Sounds strange but it happens. When I'm very tired, during the day, I can dream without being fully asleep; I'm awake (sitting, usually working in front of my computer: I'm a graphics designer) I can do some work, albeit very slowly, and dream at the same time, in periods of seconds, and even direct these dreams.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Perhaps THEY needed to do something in your house and couldn't have you up while they were around.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Im glad I stopped to read your post! I have had similar situations but I had a really wild one that involved a witness. I work for a dispatch office for installation techs and a few years back I was sitting at my desk quietly looking at something on the computer. We communicate with our techs through Nextel Radios btw. When someone contacts you the radio chirps first and then the call comes thru. Whats odd is that I suddenly heard an older womans voice very softly call my name. Odder still is that the radio never chirped and when I looked down at it the screen was blank. This weirded me out and I immediately looked around me to see if anyone had heard this as well. To my surprise a good friend and coworker of mine was standing behind me. I became suspicious of him and thought it may have been a silly prank he was pulling somehow. I asked him, "Did you just hear that?!" He very seriously said "Yeah, I did!" Still weary I asked him what he heard, he replied, "I heard some lady call your name." This freaked me and him both out when I showed him my radio hadnt beeped at all. I even called the most recent tech I had spoken to to make sure he hadnt left his radio in his pocket and accidentally called, he said no as well. I pestered my friend/witness all day and to this day he swears he in no way was the culprit and neither of us can explain what happened that afternoon. Anyone else ever have something like this happen? I just find it extremely strange that it happened in broad daylight with people around. I know its stereotypical but most of my experiences have occurred when I was somewhere relatively secluded and most of the time alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I too have had something similar happen but I was at work. I work for a dispatch office for cable technicians, we use Nextels to communicate with our techs. One day in the midafternoon a few years back I heard what sounded like an older womans voice come through my radio that was sitting in front of me on the desk. The odd part is that when someone calls your radio it "chirps" first then the sound comes through. But there was no chirp preceding this "phantom" voice. I immediately looked around the nearby cubicles to see if anyone else heard it. I was surprised to see a good friend of mine and coworker standing behind me. I asked, "Did you hear that?!" He said yes. Always suspicious of a prank I asked him what he heard (before I told him what I heard), he replied, "I heard some lady call your name." Bingo! I pestered him all day to admit if he was pulling a joke on me but to this day he swears he wasnt. I cannot explain how a call could come thru my nextel without showing any record of it in the recent calls list, let alone why would this person be calling my name specifically?! Anyone else have something like this happen? This was not in my head!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The point of drifting off to sleep but not yet on sleep is where some people say the spirit can separate from the body if certain conditions are met. That's the same phenomenon where the body and spirit are seen connected by a silver cord. I don't know myself whether I believe that or not, but it is a major belief among those who believe in out of body experiences. That being said, it's not too far fetched to believe that that other senses would become stimulated at this point.

Did your grandmother own a cat? Was seeing/visiting your grandmother often accompanied by the smell of a litter box when you went to her house?

If you do determine it's her, I would say you might want to follow her advice in the future. It could be important - much more important to your well being than her telling you how proud she is of you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Being that it was late and you were drifting off to sleep, it could have just been your mind playing tricks on you. There have been several times when I have heard someone calling my name just before I went into a deep sleep, but no one was there and nothing tragic happened. You are not loosing it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

next time..go with it bro!

hehe..i dunno..i would probably listen and check it out.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah, honestly if it is her then she probably doesn't approve too much of your sleeping habits since you said you're used to your staying up like that. In all of likeliness she's just worried about your lifestyle and wants you to make some changes.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sometimes I hear things right before I fall asleep. Right when I feel myself slipping into slumber, that transition form consciousness to sleep, I hear a loud voice or sound. On various occasions I heard laughs. A couple other times I start to fall asleep, and right before I do, I hear a loud rumble sound and it feels like my body shakes. Also, sometimes I heard loud whistle noises.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have never suffered from any kind of mental illness - and by that statement I don't mean to imply that any of the posters on this thread are, I'm just saying that for context - and I have never heard voices on a regular basis. One day, about 19 years ago, i had recently moved out of my parents' house and had gone back to pick up some stuff. They were away for the day, i still had a key. i was sitting in our living room, having a cup of tea. I was completely sober. The television was switched off. I heard a voice coming from the corner of the room where the television was, a male voice, very calm and regular, which said, 'I can see you. You think that I can't, but I can.' It was very external, that is, it entered my awareness through my ears, not my mind. I sat there, stunned, thinking, 'Did I just hear that? Yes, I really did. What the **** just happened?' I still can't rationalise or explain it.

M, London

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Id tell granny to quite farting while haunting. Especially if her farts smell like cat #.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
okay, no-one has said it yet, weird in itself, but here goes__perhaps you were dreaming!!! it's the simplest explanation, surely. you dozed off on the couch and you had a bit of an audio dream of someone telling you to go to bed, i wouldn't read more into it than is there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of something that happened to my father when he was a kid. He was in a swing park, and there was some kid he didn't like on a swing or a teeter totter or something. He was planning to walk over and push the kid off there, and he heard a womans voice tell him "don't do that" of course he looked around and nobody was there except him and the other kid(s)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

think about this, think of how we trap soundwaves on a medium to playback later on! well during a persons lifetime the things that they were constantly exposed to somehow the energy waves are recorded, now did you inherit your home? did your grandmother live in the house you now reside in? because people report that when a ghost or spirit of a loved one or relitive visits them they bring the same smells and even sometimes sounds with them..

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was told a story by my father about a trip he made to an old school somewhere in Mexico. It was an abandoned school since the 50's. He and his father were in a particular classroom, when they heard either in that room or the adjacent room, some school children reciting dictation or math times tables (I can't remember which). He explained that sound can get trapped in the grooves of our physical surroundings, more so on the surfaces of walls. Whether or not those classrooms were really haunted, I know there are always a few possible explanations, for those things we hear.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wow, I had something similar happen to me.

I work weird hours so drifting off to sleep while sitting is common for me. A few days ago I was going through my usually nodding, waking, nodding head bopping when I heard someone say my name, loud but in my head.

Or I will heard part of a conversation, like when your tuning a radio but slowly heard bits of conversation.

Rhain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join