It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay. this just weirded me out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
it must be approximately 4:35 in the morning where i'm at. i've been watching some comedy movies. just now, as i was drifting to sleep, i closed my eyes and heard a female voice i've never heard (and i've just confirmed that there are no people awake and no females in the house at all) telling me, "Go to bed, ____" i'm not willing to insert my name. its a comfort issue. well, needless to say i didn't follow her(?) advice and i darted up my head to see who was there. the room was completely lit with not a soul in it. the room next to me holds my uncle who is currently sleeping and doesn't even sound remotely like the voice i heard. and he's pretty terrible at making up fake voices. now, there are two possibilities i am considering. my dead grandmother (who died some 7 years before my birth) or some kind of spirit. and now that i think of it, there's a smell of dirty cat litter although i've just confirmed there is A) no litterbox in the household and B) there is no CAT at all in the household. are there any suggestions? this freaks me out to no end, guys. if it's my dead grandmother, why is she contacting me? if it's someone/something else, who/what is it and what does he/she/it want? And what's with the dirty cat litter smell?

[edit on 13/7/08 by iwant2believe1992]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
nobody's willing to help me understand? 26 views and nobody has anything to say? i know i might be damned crazy but it's all i got.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
On one hand, it could be a communication from the beyond - be it a friend or relative or someone else you have known who has passed. I would doubt it was a spirit unknown to you IF you have never experienced this before.

Or... being that it is late, it may be a bodily reaction to the late time creating an audio hallucination. If you are not prone to being up this late, it may be likely that you had a brief hallucintation of your own subconsious voice speaking to you telling you to just go to sleep, from an inner voice unrecognized by you.

Have you had any other experiences regarding the smell? Spirits will often inhabit the same space for extended period of time. Almost like they are trapped in one particular location. If that was the case, I would assume you would have had similar experiences in the past - or at least experienced that smell in the past.

Many people have experienced visitations shortly after a death. A relative or friend or someone close to the family visiting their loved ones before they pass on. Most of the time it is just to see their loved ones once again. Of course I hope everyone you know is safe, but if a tragedy with someone you know has happened, they may have briefly visited you - and by telling you to go to sleep, this was their way of saying goodbye.

A smell with a spirit experience is not uncommon. Often times, the smell is something that directly related to the human life of the spirit. A person who was a florist may smell like flowers. A fisherman may smell like the sea. As for cat litter, it could be the person was a cat owner...

I wish you the best with this situation. I'd say get some sleep and assess what happened in the morning.

McMartinson

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have myself never experienced voices of anykind while falling asleep.

But I DO have experienced sounds.

barking dogs, engines, screams or the sounds of a bullet passing right infront of your face.

Though i believe all that is something going on in my head ofc.

But your matter could ofc be different.
A dogs barking and a voice is quite different.

link   
reply to post by mcmartinson

i AM accustomed to being up this late. in fact, i take after my grandmother in that respect. which is why i think she could be contacting me from the dead. maybe she wants me to learn from her mistakes. my mom says i'm a total combination of both her parents. i've never heard my grandmother speak (she passed before i was even born) but it felt friendly and loving. sort of like a mother saying good night to her child. i have a feeling it was her. but i can't be sure. my feelings lie to me all the time.

link   
There's been a thread on this sort of thing recently

Strange Wisphers

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is slightly left field but I will throw it at you anyways. I use to hear people say things to me. Not big sentences or anything just short little things. I thought I was wack, until a therapist told me that people that suffer from PTSD often here voices outside themselves. Most often they here their names being called.

Just put it in for an option.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If you have a feeling it was her, then trust your gut feeling on this. There doesn't have to be a reason for a visitation. Perhaps she has tried to speak to you before... but somehow you were very susceptible to it tonight and finally heard her. Even though it may have seemed creepy... if it is her, then you have someone watching over you. And that's a good thing.

MM

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You know it's funny you should post this. I've had a somewhat similar experience to this. It was when I was little (about maybe 9 or 10) and I was running down the back side of the house. All of a sudden I heard this voice in my head say "Don't run". And I looked around to see if anyone had said that, but no one was there and it didn't sound like any of my family. I stopped running, nothing happened. The voice was weird though, now I think about it. It was kind of soft but assured. I don't know, but it was weird..

Btw, this is the house that a few strange things had happened, I made a thread about my weirdest dreams and the weirdest one is a nightmare that I kept having

Link

So yeah, your experience is really interesting. Maybe it's spirits, your grandmother, ghosts, aliens or angels. Or maybe it isn't really anything paranormal at all??
But it's definitely interesting

[edit on 13/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
but why would she say that of all things? why not, "i'm proud of you, ____" or "i love you, sweetie."? these things i've always wondered: whether they'd be proud of me or whether i'd get along with them. my mom tells me yes to both questions when i ask her what she thinks but i think it's just her appeasing my emptiness with an answer she doesn't know. they would've despised my father (i know i do but sometimes i have his mannerisms and it makes me cry every time they come out because i know i'm like him) and i want to know if they would've loved me anyhow.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

interesting story. but it was definitely paranormal. i've been having a multitude of experiences. it just seems like another in a chain of events that is unexplainable. talk about the x-files. i should have my own damn section of drawers in the x-files cabinet. code name: the T Files

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It could be a sense memory. These occur all the time but rarely become consciously aware of. When you are tired and distracted and inattentive you are primed for you attention to wander straight into one.

It works like this you are in a similar state physically or mentally to some other time, or something triggers it like a sound or image which you relate to the other moment. The conditions are approximately the same so it "Fits" the moment, it is appropriate to the now.

You experience prior sense inputs, smells, sights, tastes, any sensory experience, comes back to the consciousness.

Drunks are renound for only being able to find their car keys when they are drunk again. It is also referred to as state based memory.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

thanks. it makes me wonder. although i would prefer for it to be supernatural. even if what that means scares the # out of me, i'd prefer to have a reason to believe.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

what was the Traumatic Stress? u can't have PTSD without the TS.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
people that suffer from PTSD often here voices outside themselves. Most often they here their names being called.

That happens to me a lot, ever since getting blown up while dismounted in Iraq. Memorial Day, last year in Diyala Provence, my team reacted as the DART QRF who were sent to the chopper that went down. We never made it to the site because we got ambushed and hit bad by two IEDs.

It just makes sence now, crazier thing is, I still havn't gotten to get my hearing checked, even though I asked the same week of the incident. And am just now able to get a TBI appointment for the end of this month.

I know a little off topic, but it clarifies some thing I only suspected.

Good info, thank you.

As for the trauma, many people who watched 9/11 have a mild case of it. Those who were actually on site, have it pretty bad. Such things effect people differenty.

Hearing voices, can be a bit unnerving, but are harmless unless you let it get to you. Pehaps, if you feel it is a spirit, try talking back, never know unless you try.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

too true. thank you for the insight, ADVISOR. i appreciate it very much.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

Yeah, I know how you feel, when things happen and you want answers and the experience just doesn't seem normal.

Originally posted by iwant2believe1992
but why would she say that of all things? why not, "i'm proud of you, ____" or "i love you, sweetie."?

You know, maybe if it is your late grandmother, that was all she could say. Maybe she only got to say one thing, and she said that because it would somehow help you? Maybe it was meant to be cryptic or something???

Or maybe by saying that, she is showing she cares?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

very true. i know i sometimes talk to them. you know, like to the stars at night. sometimes i ask questions or sometimes i just vent to them. because i know they're the only ones who will listen and not butt in with their two cents telling me that i was wrong or how i could've acted better or how i could've been a better person. like my own invisible diary.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
i love them so much and i never met them. my grandparents, i mean.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

Honestly, it sounds like you have a lot going on psychologically right now. Have you considered talking to a therapist? I am not trying to say you are crazy or anything, but it does sound like you have some issues that you should be talking to someone about.

I find that when I am really able to calm my mind that I can "hear voices". Usually it is just random voices which only say a random sentence that really doesn't make much sense. I just let it wash over me. If I tune in long enough though, I can tune in to some of the less random voices. Some statements tend to make more sense. Honestly though, it takes a lot of concentration and I am very far removed from that.

I guess what I am getting at is that you could be "tuning in" to something that isn't necessarily your grandmother. I think many different belief systems have many different terms for what you could be hearing. It could be a "spirit guide" or "guardian angel". It could be that you are tuning in to the collective unconscious. It could be any number of things. I would bet that it is driven by your own stress level right now though.

Ultimately though, perception is reality. If you view it as something that should freak you out and something that you should be afraid of, then that is what it will become. So, try not to be too freaked out by it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join