It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macbooks gets damaged easily - see this evidence!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Macbooks have low quality build!

flickr.com...

My macbook started to crack 9 months after I bought it. Apple Support claims that the crack at the wrist area is the defect of manufacturing and could be replaced under warranty, but the plastic panel around the matrix cannot be replaced for free because they suspect I got those damages "by accident". Crack on the back side of the screen (near the thermal exhaust) was found this morning. I am still trying to convince Apple Support that those damages appeared by themselves, without any "accidents" or improper handling.

It cracks like an egg. They must have used a cheaper quality plastic like Poly Styrene (PS) Material to cut cost instead of High Impact Polystyerene (HIPS) or Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastics which is much more expensive.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by amitheone]

[edit on 7/13/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ewww

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure I agree with the assessment. My macbook is holding up better than my previous laptop (a dell 600m). The main gripe I have about it though is the discoloration problem where the wrist typically rest and the screen gets dusty as hell. A microfiber cloth and a magic eraser solve both problems though.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't think its an isolated incident. Many folks complained the same thing:

flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Mine's like a freakin tank! I am not good on it either. I party too much and it is usually the center of the action playing tunes. Its got plenty of scratches but no real damage.

Except when I spilled a beer on it and the keyboard didn't work. But they fixed it for free! Well I lied about it obviously.

top topics

join