It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Paradeox
For me in interpretation explains how the Essenes evolved into the Templar Knights and now Freemasonry/Rosicrucian Orders (short answer let me think on this).

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo
Freemasonry doesn't require you to believe in a Messianic figure.

Polytheistic religions have messianic characteristics.

a reply to: vethumanbeing
Well, you have to go through the Blue Lodge before going to Scottish Rite.

a reply to: Paradeox
Its nice to see someone trying to pull someone's quote out of context, but if Pike were still alive I'd say that just because symbols have multiple meanings doesn't make other meanings less important.

From Arturo de Hoyos, 33°:

Anti-Masons would have us believe this passage is a public admission of the deceptions imposed on most Masons by the "leaders" of the Craft. Common sense is again thrown out the window. Why would such a damaging "secret" doctrine be printed in a widely available book? With hundreds of thousands of copies distributed, shouldn't some blue lodge Masons have caught on by now? Anyone, like Pike, is free to think he knows the true interpretation of Masonic symbolism, but it will remain his personal opinion. Only grand lodges have the authority to interpret the symbolism of the blue lodge, and they are not inclined to yield to any other power.

Pike was simply repeating one of the currently popular theories about the origins of the "high degrees." Just because Albert Pike was a brilliant ritualist, an able administrator, and a well-respected Mason doesn't mean all of his opinions are right.

Also Pike said:

Masonry is not a religion. He who makes of it a religious belief, falsifies and denaturalizes it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The 33rd is honorary; unless you are speaking of any of the other 32.

Yeah? And? What you claimed your relative did has nothing to do with either of those or any of the other Scottish Rite degrees.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And honest question do you think the KKK fills a purpose? Since its a copycat

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You have a different understanding/interpretation of the history of Freemasons and its ancestry than I do is all.

edit on 22-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I want to know what you know about the ancestry

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You have a different understanding/interpretation of the history of Freemasons and its ancestry than I do is all.

Yeah, I am actually in it and you just make up points.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

I want to know what you know about the ancestry

It is about 400,000 years old and started with the mining of GOLD.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, or simply Morals and Dogma, is a book of esoteric philosophy published by the Supreme Council, Thirty Third Degree, of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction of the United States. It was compiled by Albert Pike, was first published in 1872 and was regularly reprinted thereafter until 1969.

Morals and Dogma was traditionally given to the candidate upon his receipt of the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite.

A copy of Morals and Dogma was given to every new member of the Southern Jurisdiction from the early 1900s until 1969 (although some local Scottish Rite bodies offered copies through the mid-1970s), when it was deemed "too advanced to be helpful to the new Scottish Rite member."

After 1969 the copyright of Morals and Dogma was not renewed; and, like many out-of-copyright works, it was reprinted many times by various publishers.

However, in August 2011 the Supreme Council, 33°, S.J., announced that a new, authorized edition had been published. Titled Albert Pike’s Morals and Dogma: Annotated Edition, the work was prepared by Arturo de Hoyos, 33°, G∴C∴, K.Y.C.H., the Scottish Rite’s Grand Archivist and Grand Historian.

Morals and Dogma - Wikipedia

Morals and Dogma - Albert Pike

edit on 22-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I am actually in it and you just make up points.

No; nothing made up. I have an understanding of where miners of precious metals (the reason); or rock: (to then fabricate into magnificent structures) come from. The origins of those came after the initial intent (already mentioned).

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Enjoy fabricating your posts, you bring nothing of value to this topic. The thread is 'Ask a Mason', which it is obvious, you are not.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Enjoy fabricating your posts, you bring nothing of value to this topic. The thread is 'Ask a Mason', which it is obvious, you are not.

I was asking a Mason is all. There was no quantifier/qualifier one HAD to BE SO to ask.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

To ask, no. To answer, yes. Particularly when the person who is answering is completely clueless because they are not a Mason.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

uhm.. im out

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I got a question....need any help designing a crypt for that stuff that won't stay dead and won't go away?

I have a few theories that might work.
Would love to help.

U2U if interested.

P.S. Edit : It involves nice throw pillows and custom tailored environments.
It's nice. Promise. I'm a freakin' girl so of course it's nice.

edit on 11/22/15 by GENERAL EYES because: had to clarify...paranoia ain't no good

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Gold had many areas of use.. Now we just wear the #

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

To ask, no. To answer, yes. Particularly when the person who is answering is completely clueless because they are not a Mason.

Phelps Dodge Corp; mining engineers (traveled the world looking for ore). You must know these my family have in the residual blood that of the Annunaki; and of course were high ranking freemasons (IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE GOLD).

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

After all this time you still have to defend the masons, huh?

I wish more people really knew what the masons were about and realized that they can easily walk-in to any temple and ask questions. Of course, there are some things they will not tell you and it does take some effort to join, but it's not as secretive as people believe.

The masons in my local area, and others I have conversed with, are good men that seek to better themselves through their works. Nothing nefarious. Just personal enlightenment through community involvement and good causes that focus on people other than themselves.
edit on 22-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Ever seen a borg ship up close?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
The weird huffing and puffing is what bothers me. Masons/Shriners and feminine offshoots (Eastern Star/Jobs Daughters) do good works as are charitable and help those in need within their community.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join