It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TVeducated
Well, you were wrong when stating "There are 33 degrees in Masonry." It is your opinion that the Scottish Rite uses a 33-degree system because of the number of vertebrae.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That is not a Scottish Rite degree and sounds more like the Cannonball Run.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How Can I... Using Freemasonry... Steal Away From The Devil One Of Three Sixes... ???

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I believe that might be the seldom-seen Scotch Rite.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I know it is seldom scene in Network's neck of the woods. We just did a Master Mason Degree last night and the single malt was flowing.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We did a third on Tuesday night. I was Jubila. We drank tea.
Just tea. But tonight, I get Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year. Oh, and some 18 year Elijia Craig.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That bourbon should smooth out your ruffian edges.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't know where to specifically ask about this...
I just wanted to know how to guard against psychic Astral attack, it's a mental uninvited invasion for me, I'm not experienced with this but I do think it's happening to me by people who are trained with this and I say people because I'm sure it's something anyone can learn to do, just they're using it in a negative way, reading thoughts entering dreams. . Anyway I don't know where else to turn when medication and church doesn't work. .

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

More physically vigorous *challenging* and related to the WORD is all regarding Gods message. This degree was all about Good Samaritans, one being one or one recognizing one along the path (a handshake in equal empathy help one another to further each) one in destination the other spiritual/both realize this within the random encounter.
edit on 20-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
Well, you were wrong when stating "There are 33 degrees in Masonry." It is your opinion that the Scottish Rite uses a 33-degree system because of the number of vertebrae.

The 33rd is given as Honorary only.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

That is ONE thing that is consistent with Scottish Rite in the US.

How does one rectify the birth rite if he is a criminal?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
How many Freemasons does it take to invent the light bulb?

32, but that's a secret only acquired by FOIA request of Tesla's documents.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This degree...

What you related was not a degree.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Weights & Measures...

Do We Need A Blue Lodge...???

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This degree...

What you related was not a degree.

The 33rd is honorary; unless you are speaking of any of the other 32.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory
Tesla's apron has been found?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That is ONE thing that is consistent with Scottish Rite in the US.

How does one rectify the birth rite if he is a criminal?

Should be obvious; a birth mark on the forehead (future incarceration number).

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: emsed1
Hi guys,

I know a lot of you have questions about Freemasonry and it seems like there are quite a few masons here that can answer your questions.

I'd like to invite those who are interested to submit questions and I will be happy to try and answer them. There are a lot of brothers here that can correct me.

It would be helpful if you can limit your questions (in this thread anyway) to Blue Lodge Masonry, in other words the first three degrees. The higher degrees are done in York Rite, Scottish Rite and Shriners and I don't know anything about them.

We obviously won't be able to give you any of the 'secret' passwords (dramatic music here) but I am happy to tell you whatever I can.

Hopefully it can be helpful and I welcome anti-masons to present opposing viewpoints but please keep it civil. (I swear I will pull this thread over...)

And now for the basics...

Requirements for Joining Masonry (US)

Being a man, freeborn, of good repute and well-recommended;

A belief in a Supreme Being;

Ability to support one's self and family;

Of lawful age; and

Come to Freemasonry of their "own free will and accord".

Supreme Being Belief Requirement

Everything that is taught in Freemasonry relates to a singular, benevolent God. For an atheist or believer of many gods the lessons of masonry would not make sense because they assume you believe in one God.

You don't have to tell anyone 'what' God you believe in, and no one will ever ask you. In most US lodges we use the Holy Bible for initiation, but a Koran or other book can be used if preferred by the candidate.

Religion and Politics

It is absolutely forbidden to discuss religion or politics in the lodge. A long time ago masons realized these were the two major topics that disrupt and divide people.

We do have opening and closing prayers in lodge that are addressed to the "Supreme Architect of the Universe", but that's about as close as it gets to religion.

Personal Gain

Anyone who joins masonry expecting personal gain or benefit will be disappointed. It's all about giving and not expecting anything in return.

So, what's the point?

Masonry exists to teach men about their duty to God, their neighbor and themselves. As you advance through the degrees you will learn about brotherly love, truth and relief.

Relief?

If a brother is in trouble (IE losing a job, etc.) masons are expected to help him to the best of their ability, except that it would place them or their family in harm's way. Examples include money, clothes, groceries, transportation, etc.

If you are a mason and break the law you are on your own. Freemasonry promotes lawfulness, citizenship and patriotism. Wrongdoing is not tolerated.

What happens at meetings?

There are two kinds of meetings. We have business meetings a couple times per month that are mundane and boring. The other meetings are 'degree ceremonies'. They are moving and beautiful, and a lot of fun!

Anyway, that's a start. Fire away!

As you believe in one God, the Architect, in accordance with the Bible, the Qu'ran and by extension the Jewish equivalents, you must also believe in a Messiah, God become person. That is common to all single deity traditions. Do you, as masons, believe the Messiah has been, or has yet to be? It's surely pretty fundamental to the foundations of your organisation?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo
Awesome. For me; the Scottish Rite, but am interested in the "Blue Lodge" as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

“The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry… It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whoso attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain.”

“Every Masonic lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instruction in religion…Masonry, like all religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead…to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it… The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… every man’s conception of God must be proportioned to his mental cultivation, and intellectual powers, and moral excellence. God is, as man conceives him, the reflected image of man himself.”

Albert Pike - Morals and Dogma

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join