It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

What is the problem? If one is of Scottish Rite (by birth) is given automatically 14 degrees (I know it seems unfair) but is just what it is. No Crying Allowed.

Considering you can get to the 32nd degree at a one day meeting it is quite funny that you somehow attach importance to your made up birth right.

I always wonder about the blood rite and birth rite claims. Nowhere did anyone take a blood test or look into family history, so where do these fantasies come from? Jack Chick?

I do like the irony of the 14th degree. (knowing what is memorable about it)

14th degree: Grand elect, Ancient Perfect Master [Grand Scottish Knight of the Sacred Vault of James VI or Sublime Mason].
edit on 18-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

What is the problem? If one is of Scottish Rite (by birth) is given automatically 14 degrees (I know it seems unfair) but is just what it is. No Crying Allowed.

Considering you can get to the 32nd degree at a one day meeting it is quite funny that you somehow attach importance to your made up birth right.

I always wonder about the blood rite and birth rite claims. Nowhere did anyone take a blood test or look into family history, so where do these fantasies come from? Jack Chick?

14th degree: Grand elect, Ancient Perfect Master [Grand Scottish Knight of the Sacred Vault of James VI or Sublime Mason].

So what you think about a Levite

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Except Augustus is in the Scottish Rite, as am I and ND, and a few other Masons who are not active on here anymore.

No it isn't.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Tangled spaghetti bowl post (you do not know what Scottish Rite is).

Says the guy who is not in it.

One day meeting and achieve all degrees?

Yup, they happen every quarter here in New Jersey.

I actually have the degrees meanings and what has to be done to achieve them. Someone is cheating the system (foul play does not work).

Anyone can buy a book with the degrees in them, they still need to witness them in person and your statement does not alter the fact you can get the 32nd Degree in one day.

Try again.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Here are a few things that I feel like you either don't understand, or there is a slim chance that where you are things are just VASTLY different than anywhere else in the world.

First off, you MUST be a master mason in good standing BEFORE you join the Scottish Rite.

Second, you MUST petition to join the Scottish Rite and BE ACCEPTED in order to receive the degrees.

Lastly, you MUST receive the degrees from a legitimate authority.

So a birthright is so far out of the scope of reality, that it's laughable. I am sorry, but unless you can explain that with citations from an accepted branch of the Scottish Rite, you will have a real hard time convincing anyone who IS a mason of your claims.

ETA: was the degree light or dark?
edit on 19-11-2015 by network dude because: further clarification needed.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It Was Dark....
I Found A Wolf In Sheep's Cloth (aka Apron) Trying To Hinder The Work In Progress.
It Was A Traitor....

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes... Yes It Is. I Forget Myself... But I Won't Forget The Traitor.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

So what you think about a Levite

Should have been given a territory as one of the twelve tribes (Madagascar).

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Augustus: Does not alter the fact you can get the 32nd Degree in one day.Try again.

Well, back when the degrees had to earned (held meaning); my Grandfather obtained a degree by having been given the challenge of traveling from AZ to a New York City lodge within a time frame with an empty wallet and no vehicle to drive (he earned it). How did he do it; worked for his food, did random acts of good will for others, hitchhiked and jumped freight trains. In so doing met many generous people willing to help him (good Samaritan metaphor played out).
edit on 19-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

network dude: So a birthright is so far out of the scope of reality, that it's laughable. I am sorry, but unless you can explain that with citations from an accepted branch of the Scottish Rite, you will have a real hard time convincing anyone who IS a mason of your claims.[

My clan is Campbell/McNaughton; we have tartan plaid and have made some small history is all.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Freemasonry teaches a simple lesson, be human.. The bloodlines wont matter if you cant be humane or understand humanity. When i was eighteen my grandfather asked me,;" are you one of us?".. And i said;" yes ", so he gave me a golden cross.. He was a freemason from birth.. The last name we carry even tells the very essence of what freemasonry is about..
I cant become a freemason but my grandfather earned his wings cause he knew his obligation and duty..

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas
A grand tradition that may now be warped, misunderstood or manipulated. I understand you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The truth might not be for everyone, you need a universal doctrine of mythology and storytelling.. I talked to a freemason member the other day, and i asked what he believes in... He defended the virtues, he wanted to be a good and providing father and a good "brother". I said, if your kids turns out to be good humans.. Then you succeeded with more than most people will achieve in their lifetime.. He looked at me and started to cry.. Money wont save this world, humans will...

Being something doesnt entitle you to anything, everyone is born with a clean sheet of paper, if your son fails.. It means you failed.. You pick the one who can carry the legacy not the one entitled to it..

See it like this quote:

After eating the the richest man in the world gave $5 to the waiter as a tip. The waiter had a strange look on his face after the tip, The richest man in the world realized, and asked the waiter what had happened.

The waiter replied, "I'm just amazed because on the same table your son gave a tip of $500, but you, his father, the richest man in the world, only gave me $5."

The richest man in the world smiled and replied with meaningful words: "He is Son of the world's richest man, but I am the son of a wood cutter..."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Im a mover, dont star

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I Have a question for you.

Mr. Master. Mason .

Before I ask Know this.

There are 33 degrees in Masonry. For one reason and one reason only.

There are 33 vertebra in the Human spin.

Connected to a Brain.

"The All Seeing Eye"

Welcome to the top.
"You penis-pineal-pinecone"
(Nothing personal #JustSaying))

NOW (NWO) My question is this.

Mr. Master. Mason .

Line before dot .

edit on 19/11/2015 by TVeducated because: .

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Which doesn't make sense since he could have gone through the degrees in Arizona.

Being of Scottish heritage doesn't make you Scottish Rite.

a reply to: TVeducated
There are 33 degrees in the Scottish Rite. In the Blue Lodge, there are only 3-degrees and the degree of Master Mason is the highest degree. In the main 3 bodies of the York Rite there are 6-degrees (plus one optional one) and 3 chivalric orders. Stemming off of Freemasonry are a number of bodies that confer a number of degrees and orders. Here's a rendition of the various bodies in Freemasonry:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

You ignore the point where I briefly revealed where the '33' 'degrees' of Freemasonry originates?

Or chose to gloss over ?

edit on 19/11/2015 by TVeducated because: .

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
No I saw it, but that is just your opinion and I was just correcting the misconception you had regarding the number of degrees in Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
No I saw it, but that is just your opinion and I was just correcting the misconception you had regarding the number of degrees in Freemasonry.

So now it's My misconception. And your opinion.

?

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join