It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Is President Obama a Freemason?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oh nevermind, I found the answer. It looks like he is one after all, even though they officially deny it.

Here he is giving a secret handshake with the masonic "G" in the background.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DannyTorrance
Is President Obama a Freemason?

No. Ford was the last President who was.

Also, handshakes of any type do not make one a Mason.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
How Long does it take to complete being a Freemason, in terms of the rites and such?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
How Long does it take to complete being a Freemason, in terms of the rites and such?

Typically three months to become a Master Mason once you start the degrees but there are instances of one day classes being held.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Usually 3-6 months for the average person to go from turning in a petition, to becoming a master mason.

The Scottish Rite is where you go to a weekend reunion and watch a series of plays. When the weekend is over you get your 4-32nd degrees.

The York Rite takes more time to progress through the degrees, but I am not a member, so cannot answer for that.

Shrine is a weekend ceremonial where you get your Fez and become a Shriner. (again, I am not a member and cannot speak with authority on it)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Typically three months to become a Master Mason once you start the degrees but there are instances of one day classes being held.

One day classes being held huh, that kind of surprises me, that someone could complete it in one day, wow.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Wow - that's fast!

In the English constitution, twelve to eighteen months is typical.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus

Wow - that's fast!

In the English constitution, twelve to eighteen months is typical.

what takes so long? We have the petition, the investigation, the initiation, the reciting the work (1st degree), then passing, then reciting the work (2nd degree), then raising, (then optional, reciting the work 3rd degree). the time factor is in how long it takes an individual to remember his work and recite it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Some jurisdictions have a mandatory minimum to the time it takes to progress from each degree.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just saw that Jack the ripper was a high level mason and his rituals are Masonic, care to enlighten? Or just a bad apple? Buuuuut the rituals says masonic? You kill animals? Homo Sapiens is an animal? Or was it before you made differences between species of homo sapiens? Just wondering, you might lecture me

PETA calling!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

the time factor is in how long it takes an individual to remember his work and recite it.

Geez, whats the membership fee

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Goes rumours that Brelik counted his kills to be 77 so its a masonic passage, and the date of 2083 or 2084 or 2084 or some weird masonic stuff about sirius, and he claimed that he learned about the muslim take over from you guys while the rest of the world sees refugees, he blaims the jews causing everything. There are a very few Jews in masonry, how come?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia
It's a theory, not a fact. No one knows for sure who he was. Nothing what the Ripper did was Masonic.

It depends on each Lodge.

Breivik had attended only a few meetings (4 I believe), not really a poster child of an active Freemason. Nothing in Freemasonry teaches hatred towards Jews or Muslims, nor condones or supports the vile acts he committed.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

From everything I read, researching his Manifesto, and looking at his online history it seems like his Christianity played as much bigger role in his life than Freemasonry did, he seemed to look at himself as kicking off a modern day Christian crusade. His writings showed that he was really worried about Muslims/the left wing changing western Christian culture. From a non expert opinion who has only done some research into the topic it would seem that he was looking to kill as many people as possible and I believe the whole theory about him wanting to kill 77 people seems to come from people who are looking at every little thing to make a connection to Freemasonry (I could be wrong and am open to actual evidence showing this theory to be true)

My comment isn't mean't to be an attack on Christianity or Christians either.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Can you please post solid proof that Breivik claimed he learned about the Muslim take over from Freemasonry? The reason I'm asking is because I don't remember him blaming Jews for everything and was actually a supporter of Israel. Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do Freemasons believe that the Earth is hollow?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: itanosam
Do Freemasons believe that the Earth is hollow?

This one does not. But you'd have to ask others. (really, nobody tells you what to believe)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hello! This metal (see pic) was what initially lead me to ATS. I was extremely close to my maternal grandparents and was my grandmothers primary caregiver (with the help of an RN that'd fill in for me while I was working) the last three years of her life. During that time, she's casually give me an item with sentimental value. A cameo ring my grandfather surprised her with in Italy and a pearl necklace she inherited from her mother (my g-gma), are a couple examples of this family mementoes. Nothing necessarily extravigant but they held great memories.
Anyways, one day she gave me a few things that were from my grandpas side of the family. His physics degrees from University of Illinois and NorthWestern University. Some appolo memorabilia he recieved for his contribution to those missions as an aerospace engineer. Then she has me the metal in the picture that was my grandfathers fathers. On the back it says his name and "worshipful master." What is a worshipful master? I don't know much about my GGrandfather except he held some type of federal position, in Chicago, along the lines of a treasurer. His father (my great, great grandfather) had a Mason lodge named after him.
i understand this metal is not particularly fascinating , to anyone besides me but would appreciate any info that could be provided. It's about 2.5 to 3 inches in length and the gold must be authentic.
edit on 7-10-2015 by makemethink because: Add picture

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

It's a past masters emblem. Once a man becomes a master mason, he can do lots of different things. He can join other groups, and he may chose to become active in his blue lodge. (the place where you start) If he did that, and it appears he did, then he became an officer in his lodge and went all the way to Worshipful Master. That is the title bestowed upon the master of the lodge. The master usually changes every year with the next person in succession. It's a honor to be elected the master of a lodge and an honor to serve as master. It shows dedication since it's not easy to commit that much time and effort to a single cause outside of family.

That is a wonderful memento to hold. It's a symbol of a life well lived. If you do a bit of research and find out which lodge he was a member of, you may visit it and find some record of his involvement, and possibly someone who knew him. (depending on how long he has passed)

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join