It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: LoneWanderer1307
Freemasonry is not supposed to be a lobbyist organization.

There's a difference between fighting for freedom and being an active political force; Washington spoke against factions in our political system.

I broadly agree in that political lobbying is not what Freemasonry is supposed to be about, but without getting into direct lobbying I think it could be more active and assertive in advancing general ideas of "liberty, equality, fraternity" as well as "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" etc, without getting into specific areas of "get out and vote for XYZ bill."

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Can someone enlighten me with the Masons view of Scientology?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Masons are just men. There is no rule that we all think alike. In fact, the differences between us are our greatest strength.(IMHO) But this masons view is that it's a scam. I try to be open to all sorts of ideas, since it would be a bit hypocritical to pick on a group out of ignorance alone. But L.Ron Hubbard even stated before he started Scientology, that creating a religion would be the best way to get rich and powerful quickly. He did just that. Then there is the whole, alien souls burning in a volcano thing..... sorry. I tried, but just couldn't like it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Then why all of the disagreement? Why is there so much arguing? Why so much fighting? War is ignorance in itself. Maybe now I'm starting to understand Pikes reasoning in his use of the word Lucifer. Thanks for your opinion, Sir.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Honestly the only opinion I have left on this subject matter is that "The End", was only brought upon by humans. We're the ones to blame. Do you honestly believe "God" is going to give us the chance to live as humans? He gave us a chance, twice. Yet, we f!*' up this chance. I'm glad he let life continue here. He will witness the true nature of his wrath. BUT!

What if, just what if. We are still here because hope still burns. Faith still persists. Maybe, just maybe, this Earth still has a chance. It needs change and it needs it now.

I'm not much of anything but a young adult trying to live his life and seeking answers to it's questions. Yet, ye all seem to know me perfectly. Why? I have an idea.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
See, observe and learn. Just breathe for now
You'll be back home shortly. If you get engaged in some projects, somebody will notice and hire you to do some more projects. You'll have to stay longer that you were supposed. It's always good to go home early. But first finish your first work that we may never know. But we do it and return to home.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I guess the work must be done considering I'm back home. I see you, brother. You know a great thing about being OCD? You notice all of the little things, ESPECIALLY if you find it interesting. Much love family.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Question for ya guys here (Hi, Network Dude!) - just out of curiosity. I am not a Mason, I have considered it, and chose different (yet similar) paths.

As I understand it, one cannot be a (regular) Mason, and a Catholic, because, the Templars.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong, or to expand on that a bit.)

But what is the Jewish, Muslim, and Hindu outlook on this?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is the Catholic issue just the Templar thing?

I also know that the gentleman who ran against the current International President of the Theosophical Society in Adyar, India, ran on a very Masonic platform, I guess you could say - and lost, maybe partly because of that, word around the National HQ is, anyway. Whether he was "regular" or other I can't say (because he didn't,) and I know about Bessant and "Co-Masonry."

It's interesting to me also because the National TS HQ near me in Wheaton, IL, was dedicated or whatever in a Masonic tradition (with Co-Masons, not "regular,") and there are many Masons involved with the TS, whether "regular" or not, again can't say for sure, because they don't mention it - yet the "Liberal Catholic Church" is also heavilly involved out there.

I guess that's where some of the internal "political" strife I've heard of arises on occasion? I dunno, don't care lol.
But so, the point is, the Liberal Catholic Church is ok working with Masons, or at least Co-Masonry group members...are they, like, "Co-Catholics?"

Lol, again just curious. I love going out to Wheaton when I can (it's a hike from the city) for events and meetings, there are some good people there, and always some characters around.

Thanks guys, cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I am/was a confirmed Catholic before I became a mason. I have heard that I am considered ex-communicated due to my involvement, but I had enough issues with the Catholic religion on my own, I am fine with that.

If you are worried about your church status, I would ask a Priest to give his opinion. Otherwise, jump in, the water is great.

There is nothing I have found that conflicts with anything I learned in any religious aspect of Catholicism, or any other religion. We are all inclusive and accept men of all faiths, including Catholic. And that may rub some the wrong way. If you feel you cannot separate your silent prayers with the guy next to you who may be praying to a God with a different name, then I'd say masonry isn't for you. But to put that in perspective, we say a prayer at the beginning, and the end, and during a degree when we have them, so it's not overly religious at all. It's more like a tiny bit more than a Tee-ball game in the south.

If you chose to go this direction, please let me know. I would be very interested to hear YOUR perspective on things.

ETA:
I apologize, but I don't have enough information to comment on co-masonry or the Catholic order you mentioned. I would caution you to be sure you at least know if the masonic group you speak to are recognized by the AFAM or F&AM lodge in your state.
edit on 11-8-2015 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus drinks blatz warm, and washes it down with a Milwaukees Best.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thanks, brother!
To clarify though, I am not a Catholic. My Father is, and I was baptized, but haven't set foot in a church since I was peeking in a burned-out church in Koln in the early 2000's - haven't attended since I lived w/ my Dad in the '80's - didn't like it, refused to go after a while.

I was just connecting - or deconnecting dots. Or something. Lol I think if nothing else, it helps prove your point made previously - we're all just peoples, we can communicate ideas and share theologies - well, most of us can. Some, few, are very closed off to anything but their own born-into religious blinders, but all of us in the rational, free-thinking, scientific and spiritual "arenas" can relate to a degree at the least, pun intended.

ETA - didn't dig Catholic Church so much, and Masonry I feel in the West is more "speculative" than "operative," hence my choice of a "different" path. Feel free to direct me otherwise, here or in PM, I'm not closed off to it.
edit on 11-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: ETA

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

there are a lot of roads that lead to the same place. If you ever want to try a change of scenery, come see us.
We eat good.
(and you don't have to abandon the road your on to do it)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Lies they were not born like me. I was not born in an egg and have green skin!.
Ever seen V ? Well thats the masons green skinned baby eating kind dudes who do stuff for charity!
Oh and they leave the loo seat down on purpose for ladies!.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

the loo.
You English chaps really crack me up. I keep hearing Stewie Grifith's voice when I read it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Toodlepip my good chap
Loo? I was being polite I normally call it a bog

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm glad you said loo. I know what that is. But bog is a stinky swamp.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hence the unpolite way of saying loo.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

the loo.
You English chaps really crack me up.

Hey, I say that sometimes. And 'whilst'. Probably a dozen other things. The old lady's from the Lake District, and after contaminating me with her accent I now have a bizarre north Georgia-Geordie/Cumbrian accent with British vocabulary additions.

If you listen closely, you can even hear me say "colour" instead of "color".
edit on 12-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19689641]Bedlam[/post

Brothers,

My accent tends to come out too sometimes. To clarify some more with me, my grandparents were Catholic and I too attended Mass a few times. Once I grew older though, I started thinking differently. I was raised in the Christian church next. The idea didn't really sit with me for reasons I won't explain here.

Masonic knowledge has interested me for the past few years now and I always felt it were possible to become a true gentleman. I hope to speak with you soon.

Much regards,

EF

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Hence the unpolite way of saying loo.

But it's usually only that way on Thursday. (Wednesday is cabbage and corned beef)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join