It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesRam
Do you find the fact that Freemasons have been put under allot of fire; especially lately with Dan Browns novel being put out annoying?
Someone once said "there's no such thing as bad publicity" or something along those lines. Sure, Dan Brown has probably helped fuel some misconceptions about Masonry, but by doing so, it has cause some people to take a closer look. While there may be a more general public distrust of secret societies because of The DaVinci Code, I would also argue that it has been responsible for a number of men discovering Masonry and wanting to join.

Also I've noticed many alchemical symbols that appear in Freemasonry and some of the idea's in it similar (ie spiritual finding, turning oneself from "lead to gold" etc). Is there a possibility that they could be intertwined with each other?
It's not unheard of. Masons value the learned men of history going back to Euclid and Pythagorus or even further. Certainly the founding fathers were fairly progressive in comparison with some of their peers or where they were coming from. The scientific revolution, the age of enlightenment, these all incorporate Masonic ideals. Even if speculative Masonry was not around at the time of alchemists, one could certainly draw parallels between their thirsts for knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Proselytizing and Recruiting...!

That is exacly what it is Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men,

but they disquised it a little, to push it to the limite, to get it throw our mind
and avoid the thread to be close.

The question is, are we smart anought...
Do we tolerate it and accept it, or do we respect our self and standup, to let real, conspiracy theorists, deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers. THat clears up some.

yeah it does seem that there are some movies that are trying to wake us up and are influenced by the good guys. Apparently there are masons involved.

It is quite honorable to help others in any means. Nobody needs to tell them what to do. Just like no god is going to judge you for living your life a certain way. The trick is you are going to judge yourself, when you have reached high awareness.

So, highly evolved beings use awareness to direct their abilities to do the most good. So if some masons are pouring 100s of millions of dollars into starving african kids or cancer....when they could have gave the world free energy for 5 million dollars...you see that isnt being very wise/efficient.

Starvation is a never ending problem....and studies have shown cancer funds have been the biggest waste of money. Its not a disease...its a problem with DNA errors. So if we continue to have very unbalanced energies and pump poisons into our body, no drug can fix that.

So, once again its great to be caring enough to give...but perhaps they should considere other wise peoples ideas to do more good. The importance of free energy technology will do far far more than any of these other ideas. ITs estimated the world economy would jump from 30 trillion to 100-200 trillion, erasing up to 80% of our costs as well. Thats what 6-28 times richer. That would create enough wealth to fix starvation and loads of diseases.

Although, this thread has given me more faith in the goodness of the group...I guess i just thought they had more wisdom amongst the majority of members. It sounds like there are some. I also thought there was centralization - which apparently ther is not. THanks for the info

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ive come to realize the christian cross is a Cube unfolded. The celtic cross seems to be astrological and the maltese cross is a 2-D side view of the hypersphere (tesseract). If you fold the sides of the maltese cross up you get a pyramid with the top missing. There are 6 of these topless pyramids in the hypercube. Also, the dollar bill reference.

Sometimes i see the dollar bill pyramid as a fractal symbol. You could keep chopping off the top of pyramids and have new smaller pyramids into infinity. hmm maybe i should check out the ratio on the dollar bill pyramids.
On mushrooms i could see the fractal version of the all seeing eye very much like Alex Grey's art.

Somehow, I doubt these things are taught to every member. These things arent esoteric...its how reality functions. And so it seems some masons and the cabal are interested in these things.

God, makes me think how are they using these insights. Or how much more they know. Im just kind of thinking out loud.....i dont expect you to have answers to these things...lol

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just a quick note to say that my replies to questions on this board only reflect my own opinions, and other Masons are welcome to jump in with their 2¢ at any time. (I just happen to be online at the moment, so I'm doing my best to take 'em as I see 'em...)

There's no central governing body over Masonry; therefore there's no official voice of Masonry -- no spokesmen who speak for all of us. So the posts of any brother are their own. We each come to Masonry bringing our own experiences and baggage, and we each get out of it something different, so don't be surprised if I mention the presence of esoteric symbology and Rockpuck (for instance) doesn't. It's not that either of us are right or wrong, just that each of us is on our own journey even though we're both traveling men.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallinghigh
what the hell is your problem my original post had not one bad idea only talked about acid and mushrooms wtf is you problem

Maybe you should read the Terms and Conditions of Use(which everyone agrees to when registering):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your answer is there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Actually, while the threads have been low bandwidth, I've seen quite a few more names popping up from people claiming to be Masons in the last week or so. People who had not been active in some of the various rows of the last few months.

Ah, so you're sending in the new boys while some of the old ones take a rest? For a while there I was wondering if most of you hadn't "legged it" since the appearance of the "Illuminati."

But I'm generally better at the response than the call. Start a thread, get some motion going, and I'll be in. The couple of times I've started threads they've petered out pretty quickly.

I never would have had to before, though. You people would be rucking constantly, day and night. I don't have anything to make a thread about I just enjoyed the crazy battles.

(Oh, and Norton; San Fransico is, indeed, proud of you)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
fallinghigh, look up in your tool bar, there's a red button that says "u2u's". That's private messages.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fallinghigh

Masonry upholds that its members should follow the laws of the land in which they live. Felony conviction of a Mason is immediate grounds for expulsion from the fraternity, I believe. So no, Masonry as an institution would not condone illegal drug use as you described.

One of my brethren and I did have the opportunity to see Dr. Leary lecture a few times in the early 90's. He was an amusing and eccentric man, with a laugh that rivaled Allen Ginsberg's twitter. Heck, I even saw Leary & Robert Anton Wilson on the same stage once. I don't recall either having much (if anything) to say about Masonry. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I figured i would reply to your question if no one else has. Yes any one who is freeborn of a good reputation and believes in god can petition to be a mason. It is easily done simply ask a mason and you will start the process there. I hope this helps!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi, is there a website one can go to if they wish to learn more information about freemasonry, and / or how to join?

There is a masonic lodge in my city that holds meetings bi monthly, but not knowing much about the organization I was under the assumption membership was under a basis of invitation only.

After reading what you've provided, I see otherwise, but I would still think it odd to just show up out of the blue seeking membership.

I am liking the idea of being a mason more with additional knowledge I learn. However, at this point I am unsure which is correct for me. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your insight.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Personaly I hate it when one of these threads come along, generally 'cause I hate seeing people get wailed on legally, but when they make an effort to defend themselves, it get's turned against them.
Not that the various e Masons on the board don't defend themselves well and amply.
Sure, I get the point. I keep seeing the same questions pop up that if someone used Google, or the search option here on the site, they'd have an answer to without requiring threads like these.
I enjoy Masonry threads in general because it's something I can genrally get involved with. Most these threads about aliens or bizzarrely complicated government plots are over my head.
I do see the threads like this one as prostelizing, at the very least, a point could be made by putting them somewhere other than the SS forum. But at the same times, I get to learn a lot, generally people ask questions I didn't think of, so I'm a bit on the fence about 'em.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
Hi, is there a website one can go to if they wish to learn more information about freemasonry, and / or how to join?
freemasoninformation.com... is a pretty good site.

There is a masonic lodge in my city that holds meetings bi monthly, but not knowing much about the organization I was under the assumption membership was under a basis of invitation only.

After reading what you've provided, I see otherwise, but I would still think it odd to just show up out of the blue seeking membership.
Not at all. Find out what night they meet, and if they have dinner before the meeting. Go, eat, introduce yourself to as many people as you can and ask questions. You should be able to tell fairly quickly if they're the type of guys you'd want to spend time with. If they're not, try another lodge if you're still interested. That's cool too. If you're the youngest guy in the room, you might feel uncomfortable or out of place. If, on the other hand, you find yourself looking forward to going back and having more good conversations with the men you met, then it might be a good match for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hello Gentlemen, Thank you for your patience with us. I can only imagine how it must be to have to take the abuse from people more worried about judging others than themselves.

I've been skimming Morals and Dogma and it has some great stuff as well as different views on things I hadn't thought about before. To be quite honest, the organization sounds a lot like "Boy Scouts" for adults, I was wondering if there are any ties to the "Boy Scouts"?

Also, I'm not sure if any of you would know this or not, but I see "Jay-Z", the artist, in a lot of threads lately around the net rumored to be a mason. Any truth behind that?

I study the Hebrew and Greek direct translations. I have seen that many of the terms in there elude to masonry. I was wondering if Hiram is another name for Aaron. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Hiram was the First Builder? Aaron was the first High priest. Is there any link between them.

And Last, Jesus said, "I am the chief cornerstone, (pyramid capstone) who the builders rejected". Through study I've come to see that the "Chief" is the last one in line and not the first. Eldest being the First, Chief being the last. Is his statement in any way speaking of the masons?

Thanks for your response and may the holy one bless you in your struggles. Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Here's a couple I know of: Masonicinfo.com Wikipedia to has a pretty good bit of information as well.
And Freemasonry.org, first site I found on google actually.
Read up, there is some pretty interesting info there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I study the Hebrew and Greek direct translations. I have seen that many of the terms in there elude to masonry. I was wondering if Hiram is another name for Aaron. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Hiram was the First Builder? Aaron was the first High priest. Is there any link between them.

In Masonic lore, Hiram Abiff was the architect of King Solomon's temple, while Hiram King of Tyre provided workmen, if I recall correctly.

Aaron is mentioned during the Entered Apprentice degree, as the Worshipful Master reads Psalm 133:

Behold! how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity:

It is like the precious ointment upon the head that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard that went down to the skirts of his garment:

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
www.perrylodge.org...

That's the only mention of Aaron that I recall off the top of my head.

And Last, Jesus said, "I am the chief cornerstone, (pyramid capstone) who the builders rejected". Through study I've come to see that the "Chief" is the last one in line and not the first. Eldest being the First, Chief being the last. Is his statement in any way speaking of the masons?
I do not know. Also in the Entered Apprentice degree, the candidate, after he has taken his oath, is placed in the North East corner of the room, because traditionally the cornerstone in the Northeast was the first one laid down. Symbolically this is saying that all of Masonry is built upon these first teachings that the candidate has received, and that likewise Masonry as a fraternity is built by (and of) the men who join it. So we're the first stone. I honestly can't say I've ever heard Jesus referred to as the last stone, but I suppose such text might exist somewhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Hi guys,

I know a lot of you have questions about Freemasonry and it seems like there are quite a few masons here that can answer your questions.

Thank you for offering info.

But did it ever dawn on you that not all Masons are "top level, in the know" Masons?

Every group needs it's worker bees. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it is possible that there might be something going on behind doors where you're not invited.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by laughingcrows
But it is possible that there might be something going on behind doors where you're not invited.
If there were, would it be Masonry? I would opine that it would not be. If all Masons are taught that all Masons are equal, then so-called worker bees (a much more pleasant term than "porch Masons") would give such a power clique no more or less credence than any other brother. How, do you suppose, a secret, higher power structure would co-opt the rest of Masonry to its own devices?

I won't bother asking for proof that such an echelon exists, because I know you can't prove it. So instead I'm asking you to offer plausible speculation of how it could exist and have any power over Masonry as a whole without the knowledge of the "worker bees".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join